AEL LIMASSOL v TOTTENHAM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A bit longer highlights with more action (than the SkySports one):

Missed the entire game last night but from those highlights (I know 4 minutes is hardly representative) the defence looked sketchy as fuck. HK looked lively (if I heard the name correctly in the highlights) and Lamela absolutely destroyed them. Only thing that concerns me is how many first-teamers we had out there, really hoping it doesn't affect us on Sunday.

Well having watched the whole game on the good stream that I did tip people off about on here, the defence was ropey at times. For a while it looked like we were going back to the bad old high line. Wasn't impressed by Jan or Davies. But in the second half we seemed to go a bit deeper and that helped, then came Lamela, and whoosh! Kane was arguably the MOTM as he played the 90, got in some good efforts, and of course scored the all-important winner.

For the most part it was a low key performance by us, typical of an early away game in Europe, but it's always fun to see us win away, as the song goes. Jingle cash indeed as we stand to make a fair bit by getting into the group stage. 2 out of 2 for Poch, so far, so superb.

I have a Spurs supporting friend who lives on the Island and he told me that an allocation of 1000 tickets had been sold to cypriot spurs fans, not sure how many travelling fans got tickets

Yep heard the same. Just checked and the stadium capacity is about 9,300 so maybe we were closer to 2,000.

Mate, this board is filled to the brim of little Levy spawn.

We won't pay eight fuckin quid for nothing!
Fair enough. I think it was a great bargain. Of course you always have to be careful when paying online, so I use a card with little money on it, and no overdraft facilities, so can only ever lose a few quid if ripped off.

I can remember when I couldn't get to see Milan v Spurs in the UEFA second leg, semi-final in 1972, having seen the first leg at the Lane. No live coverage, not even extended highlights of one our greatest ever Euro results. Just a quick clip of Mullers wonder goal on Saint and Greavesie. Unbelievable. So I treasure every chance to get to see Spurs live, especially European away games.

I was on another site and some fan said they would rather pay £8 to watch WWE than subscribe to the stream. Each to their own, but my love for the club is such I couldn't even imagine having such priorities. I wonder how many Spurs fans spent £8+ on booze, fags or other recreational substances this past week. Yet wouldn't pay £8 to see Spurs. Again each to their own, I would always choose Spurs in such lifestyle choices. Of course like most people, I can afford £8 for Spurs and £8 for booze in a week. Don't do cigs or any of the other stuff. Luckily most streams are free, so more booze money.:thumbup:

Fair enough. I think it was a great bargain. Of course you always have to be careful when paying online, so I use a card with little money on it, and no overdraft facilities, so can only ever lose a few quid if ripped off.

I can remember when I couldn't get to see Milan v Spurs in the UEFA second leg, semi-final in 1972, having seen the first leg at the Lane. No live coverage, not even extended highlights of one our greatest ever Euro results. Just a quick clip of Mullers wonder goal on Saint and Greavesie. Unbelievable. So I treasure every chance to get to see Spurs live, especially European away games.

I was on another site and some fan said they would rather pay £8 to watch WWE than subscribe to the stream. Each to their own, but my love for the club is such I couldn't even imagine having such priorities. I wonder how many Spurs fans spent £8+ on booze, fags or other recreational substances this past week. Yet wouldn't pay £8 to see Spurs. Again each to their own, I would always choose Spurs in such lifestyle choices. Of course like most people, I can afford £8 for Spurs and £8 for booze in a week. Don't do cigs or any of the other stuff. Luckily most streams are free, so more booze money.:thumbup:

What is £8. I am a little lost?

Cheers

ArtyB ArtyB 's post was a joke kid. Stop with all the double bold. Ease yourself in quietly. Of course you can just tell me to fuck off, but look for the humour first.
Bold because as a for instance your quotes are unreadable. And please don't call me "kid". I'd be willing to bet that I was watching Spurs at WHL before you were thought of.

I have a Spurs supporting friend who lives on the Island and he told me that an allocation of 1000 tickets had been sold to cypriot spurs fans, not sure how many travelling fans got tickets
That was a funny chant last night ... 2-0 and a long way home ... all the way to Green Lanes for most of them I think.

Back
Top Bottom