AEL LIMASSOL v TOTTENHAM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well i am looking fwd to seeing how Poch approaches the game away on thursday.
Yes it is important as first game but we also need to be fresh for QPR.
I would like Lloris, Kaboul, Capoue, Eriksen, Adebayor stay in london.
Surely we could rely upon the WC players getting some time. Something like -
Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Paulinho, Townsend, Holtby, Lennon, Soldado
With backup any from - McGee, Fredericks, Fryers, Rose, Veljkovic, Mason, Kane, Lamela, Bentaleb
Could deal with the game.

Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Paulinho, Townsend, Holtby, Lennon, Soldado
With backup any from - McGee, Fredericks, Fryers, Rose, Veljkovic, Mason, Kane, Lamela, Bentaleb

I can see something like that happening, but seeing as Adebayor looked almost useless against West Ham, I imagine that Kane will get the start on Thursday and Soldado will play QPR on Sunday. Not sure how they will do a sub on that one though. Maybe Soldado sitting behind Kane to get him a few minutes to keep him fit. We'll see.

Friedel
Naughton Dier Vertonghen Davies
Dembele, Paulinho
Lamela Holtby Townsend
Kane

Should be more than good enough, if that lot plays.

All of Kane, Fryers, Lamela, Mason, Naughton (banned in PL anyway), Soldado, Chadli and so forth should play full time this game.

Athlitiki Enosi Lemesou (Greek: Αθλητική Ένωση Λεμεσού), commonly known as AEL Limassol, is a Cypriot multisport club based in the city of Limassol, the port of Cyprus and also out of the three sports clubs that are located there. Currently AEL maintains a football team, men's and women's basketball teams, a women's volleyball team and a newly established in 1976 Futsal team (1st year) and women's handball team (2nd year) and cricket. AEL is considered as one of the most successful clubs of the island.[1] (13 official football trophies plus some unofficial ones). The basketball branch of AEL is the only team from Cyprus to have won a European title (the European Regional Challenge Cup). Limassol's official club mascot is a Lemur, who was affectionately nicknamed Lima Lima by their fans.

Last edited:
Away leg 21/08 ITV4 5.00 KO BST

I can't see it listed for Thursday 21/08 on any of the ITV or BT Sport channels at all. The listings on my Sky planner and ITV's website show 'The Sweeney' starting at 4:55pm on ITV4 on Thursday.

I hope this is an error and the Spurs match will be shown, I can see that ITV4 are showing the home leg at WHL on 28/08/14.

Last edited:
I can't see it listed for Thursday 21/08 on any of the ITV or BT Sport channels at all. The listings on my Sky planner and ITV's website show 'The Sweeney' starting at 4:55pm on ITV4 on Thursday.

I hope this is an error and the Spurs match will be shown, I can see that ITV4 is showing the home leg at WHL on 28/08/14.
I saw this earlier, I might have made too much of it though.

image.png

I hope this is an error and the Spurs match will be shown, I can see that ITV4 are showing the home leg at WHL on 28/08/14.
I must be wrong, it doesn't appear on any of their scheduling. Poor show.

Back
Top Bottom