Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@ 595 am i wrong or not?..he is a clever fella..take ya money an fuk you darling..we all need players who want the club,aint gunna happen but at least show us fans a little about the luv of the club your playing for..we enjoy the moment and no cunt will take that moment away from us..

You mean like Benny? Didn't do him much good did it....

Maybe AVB has it in for Africans?

Bassong Khumalo Benny Ade...

Think you are indeed correct, but everyone is different. AVB has no problem with it.

Agree with the everyone is different part, but I think AVB does have a problem with it and the likes of Benny/Ade either haven't got the message or don't really want to push themselves to the levels of the other players in order to get back into the team.

You mean like Benny? Didn't do him much good did it....

Maybe AVB has it in for Africans?

Bassong Khumalo Benny Ade...

there is an argument for that.......Taking into account that the African Cup generally takes players away for a month to 6 weeks in January (every two years), I'm not overly fond of signing African players. nothing to do with skin colour, nationality, or anything other than the timing of the ACN. So perhaps he doesn't want that problem.

I have the same problem with the timing of the asian cup, btw (although its every 4 years, not every 2)...I would think very carefully about signing players from that region.

Think every one of us had the inclination that Ade might lose his interest eventually and that first season form would wane. The difference is I was never of the opinion that shouting Cunt at him every second he's on the pitch would further enthuse him to do well for us. I'd still love for him to regain that first season form though, was unplayable:adestare:

Think every one of us had the inclination that Ade might lose his interest eventually and that first season form would wane. The difference is I was never of the opinion that shouting Cunt at him every second he's on the pitch would further enthuse him to do well for us. I'd still love for him to regain that first season form though, was unplayable:adestare:

Just so we are clear

You are a fool

I forgot that a season ticket makes you a better fan. I've watched him have some good matches poor matches and ones where he's been indifferent. The amount of abuse he's had has been unwarranted especially in his first year. Just think it's embarrassing to pay £60 quid to go and moan, shows why our support at WHL is such a pile of wank.

Emmanuel Adebayor demands a £1m pay-off to walk away from Tottenham

Emmanuel Adebayor has demanded Tottenham pay him a staggering £1 million to leave the club after he was dumped in the reserves.

The Togo striker has slipped down the pecking order at White Hart Lane this season and is no longer part of Andre Villas-Boas’ plans following the £27m arrival of Roberto Soldado from Valencia in the summer, despite a decent showing in pre-season.

After failing to secure a move away from north London during the transfer window Adebayor was banished to train with the youth team and
Metro understand he has requested chairman Daniel Levy cancel his contract and make him a free agent so he can find a new club.

Adebayor still has two years remaining on his £100,000-a-week contract and won’t walk away cheaply from the club he joined on a permanently last season following a successful loan spell during 2011/12, in which he scored 17 goals.

Former Spurs boss Harry Redknapp expressed an interest in bringing the 29-year-old to QPR on loan this week but it seems the former Woolwich and Manchester City misfit is eyeing a lucrative switch to a Middle Eastern club.

It’s likely Adebayor will push Tottenham to release him next week and allow him to seek new employment.

:adelol:

... Plus,
During the week a reporter had asked AVB if Ade was to play any role this season.
AVB responded by saying, "Potentially."
Imo, that doesn't sound much of a positive or a definitive of an answer ... so, who knows? :levyeyes:

If we were to release him, I believe I'm right in saying he still couldn't sign for anyone until the next window.

Think you can sign players under contract in the window only but loan deals and free agents can be completed at any stage of the season.

:adegrin2:

PS Adebayor is a world class talent but its a shame he's also a world class wank stain.

Always same pattern. Plays great for a club, falls out with club, leaves club. Signs for new club, has something to prove to old club, falls out with new club. Repeat.

Cunt.

Think you can sign players under contract in the window only but loan deals and free agents can be completed at any stage of the season.

:adegrin2:

PS Adebayor is a world class talent but its a shame he's also a world class wank stain.

Always same pattern. Plays great for a club, falls out with club, leaves club. Signs for new club, has something to prove to old club, falls out with new club. Repeat.

Cunt.

They have to be a free agent when the window is open for that to be the case, at least for clubs in this country it is.

I'm pretty deluded so I still hold out some hope for him. Especially as he can be great on his day.
The real shame for him is that in 10 years time, when he is retired (queue jokes on he is retired already), he will look back on his playing career and realise that he really could have left a legacy with any number of clubs. Instead he has left nothing.

Back
Top Bottom