Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree, and apologize for that post. The top part was in reply to someone else, and I'd deleted it as I didn't actually want to post it, but it seemed that it transferred over. Going to delete it now, but don't want you to feel that I was aiming that at you. It was entirely unintended. Sorry.
As Ron Swanson once said.. it's cool beans :)

edit, I hadn't noticed anything. And even after you mentioned it and I re-read it, still all seemed fine mate

The fact that some of you can't seem to separate your dislike for Adebayor the footballer and the man who has said he has considered committing suicide multiple times shows a shocking lack of empathy. Just because you don't rate a footballer doesn't mean you know fuck all about his life and his struggles.

Some people seem to decide that just because a person has money means they are no longer a human being anymore. But for someone who comes from nothing, all the sudden having a lot of money at a young age can make life massively difficult. There are numerous examples of athletes and entertainers having families that just want to leech off them and that creates tremendous amounts of stress. ESPN did a great documentary on athletes who go bankrupt called "Broke". When a young person makes that much money, they become a target, often even from their own family which is the hardest to say no to.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...yron-smith-gets-control-battling-family-money
http://deadspin.com/how-jack-johnsons-parents-screwed-him-and-left-him-mill-1663583325

Just because you have a nice looking instagram doesn't make you a happy person. People often use money and social media to try to cover their mental issues.
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ty-pennsylvania-runner-showed-only-part-story

Also, whether Adebayor is depressed or not cannot be judged solely by one person's experience. Depression is a massively wide disease that manifest itself in many different fashions. Saying your depression doesn't match another's is like saying I had testicular cancer and it did this to me so that person doesn't have lung cancer. Furthermore, if it isn't depression he could be suffering from a wide array of mental disorders that present similar symptoms and suicidal thoughts like post-traumatic stress disorder (would hardly be surprising considering the bus attack), bipolarity, severe anxiety, borderline personality disorder, or panic disorder.

Adebayor grew up in a country in the bottom 15% percent of Human Development Index and all of Africa is extremely behind when it comes to treating mental illness. Furthermore, he has seen the death and was very near to his own in one of the most shocking event in 21st century football. Plus, the recent death of his brother and apparently all the family upheaval. His life is hardly a walk in the park. http://www.consultancyafrica.com/in...atid=61:hiv-aids-discussion-papers&Itemid=268

I don't particularly want Adebayor at the club anymore. He's old, expensive, and his role has diminished. But if you can't separate Adebayor the footballer from the man who seems to be going through an awful time then it says a lot more about than it does about him. Trying to discredit a human being who has said they have thought about suicide and are depressed because you disapprove of his ability or willingness to kick a football is frankly fucking sickening and I hope some of you have a look at yourselves and see what's really important here.

You don't have to support the guy even but trying to discredit someone who is having a mental crisis is disgusting behavior. It's not even like he's ever done anything that bad in his life besides want to make some money, be a bit of a difficult personality, and piss off a few rich football clubs like Woolwich and City. Yet, there were more of you on here arguing for Ched Evans. This thread makes me fucking sick.

Adebayor the footballer and the man who has said he has considered committing suicide multiple times

I won't pretend to be an expert, but from what I've read this doesn't sound like someone who wants to commit suicide. It does sound like a cry for help though, which he should seek, and get, as I hope I indicated earlier.

The fact that some of you can't seem to separate your dislike for Adebayor the footballer and the man who has said he has considered committing suicide multiple times shows a shocking lack of empathy. Just because you don't rate a footballer doesn't mean you know fuck all about his life and his struggles.

Some people seem to decide that just because a person has money means they are no longer a human being anymore. But for someone who comes from nothing, all the sudden having a lot of money at a young age can make life massively difficult. There are numerous examples of athletes and entertainers having families that just want to leech off them and that creates tremendous amounts of stress. ESPN did a great documentary on athletes who go bankrupt called "Broke". When a young person makes that much money, they become a target, often even from their own family which is the hardest to say no to.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page...yron-smith-gets-control-battling-family-money
http://deadspin.com/how-jack-johnsons-parents-screwed-him-and-left-him-mill-1663583325

Just because you have a nice looking instagram doesn't make you a happy person. People often use money and social media to try to cover their mental issues.
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ty-pennsylvania-runner-showed-only-part-story

Also, whether Adebayor is depressed or not cannot be judged solely by one person's experience. Depression is a massively wide disease that manifest itself in many different fashions. Saying your depression doesn't match another's is like saying I had testicular cancer and it did this to me so that person doesn't have lung cancer. Furthermore, if it isn't depression he could be suffering from a wide array of mental disorders that present similar symptoms and suicidal thoughts like post-traumatic stress disorder (would hardly be surprising considering the bus attack), bipolarity, severe anxiety, borderline personality disorder, or panic disorder.

Adebayor grew up in a country in the bottom 15% percent of Human Development Index and all of Africa is extremely behind when it comes to treating mental illness. Furthermore, he has seen the death and was very near to his own in one of the most shocking event in 21st century football. Plus, the recent death of his brother and apparently all the family upheaval. His life is hardly a walk in the park. http://www.consultancyafrica.com/in...atid=61:hiv-aids-discussion-papers&Itemid=268

I don't particularly want Adebayor at the club anymore. He's old, expensive, and his role has diminished. But if you can't separate Adebayor the footballer from the man who seems to be going through an awful time then it says a lot more about than it does about him. Trying to discredit a human being who has said they have thought about suicide and are depressed because you disapprove of his ability or willingness to kick a football is frankly fucking sickening and I hope some of you have a look at yourselves and see what's really important here.

You don't have to support the guy even but trying to discredit someone who is having a mental crisis is disgusting behavior. It's not even like he's ever done anything that bad in his life besides want to make some money, be a bit of a difficult personality, and piss off a few rich football clubs like Woolwich and City. Yet, there were more of you on here arguing for Ched Evans. This thread makes me fucking sick.
I know you're making a serious and valid point but...

giphy.gif

please take this with the humour intended

Spot on. As usual JDK

See I don't think he is suffering from mental illness.

That's the problem. I think he is a spoilt twat who no one has said no to for 15 odd years.

As for Ched Evans....well I think that's up to you to compare the 2. One is a convicted rapist and one is not. No contest there imo.

But my football distaste for this parasite is unequaled.

I will promise you this JDK. Your poor put upon mate will survive. He will have a life you can only dream of. Bad juju aside.This is not jealously on my behalf it is what it is. But excuse me if I can see through the utter cunt.

See I don't think he is suffering from mental illness.

That's the problem. I think he is a spoilt twat who no one has said no to for 15 odd years.

As for Ched Evans....well I think that's up to you to compare the 2. One is a convicted rapist and one is not. No contest there imo.

But my football distaste for this parasite is unequaled.

I will promise you this JDK. Your poor put upon mate will survive. He will have a life you can only dream of. Bad juju aside.This is not jealously on my behalf it is what it is. But excuse me if I can see through the utter cunt.

Not my mate, don't even like him much. I'm just not so stupid and lacking in human empathy and compassion to dismiss someone's mental health because I don't rate them as a footballer.

Not my mate, don't even like him much. I'm just not so stupid and lacking in human empathy and compassion to dismiss someone's mental health because I don't rate them as a footballer.

I don't particuarly rate him as a human being either.

I've not been a fan of his antics long before we had the misfortune to sign him.

I'm not sure someone thinking they have been cursed by bad juju constitutes mental health problems. If that's the case then Muslims, Jews, ultra orthodox Christians, Buddhists all come under your banner of being mentally disturbed.

Is that also a reason not to go to work?

I don't particuarly rate him as a human being either.

I've not been a fan of his antics long before we had the misfortune to sign him.

I'm not sure someone thinking they have been cursed by bad juju constitutes mental health problems. If that's the case then Muslims, Jews, ultra orthodox Christians, Buddhists all come under your banner of being mentally disturbed.

Is that also a reason not to go to work?

I didn't mention being cursed once.

I'm not sure someone thinking they have been cursed by bad juju constitutes mental health problems.
What do you know about Juju? Are you from Togo? You're coming at this from a white, middle class angle, and it's smelly. Is it a reason not to go to work? I don't know, nor do you.

I don't like the bloke, and it's clear that you don't, but by applying your values to his culture shows a worrying ignorance, with respect.

What do you know about Juju? Are you from Togo? You're coming at this from a white, middle class angle, and it's smelly. Is it a reason not to go to work? I don't know, nor do you.

I don't like the bloke, and it's clear that you don't, but by applying your values to his culture shows a worrying ignorance, with respect.

That's fair enough dude. If that's how you feel then fair enough. It goes without saying I fundamentally disagree with you.

If you want to work and earn a wage in a western enviroment then I think it's fair enough that you adhere to their employment laws. You try ringing in sick saying you've been cursed tomorrow and see how far it gets you.

And whilst I may be smelly I'm certainly not middle class.

That's fair enough dude. If that's how you feel then fair enough. It goes without saying I fundamentally disagree with you.

If you want to work and earn a wage in a western enviroment then I think it's fair enough that you adhere to their employment laws. You try ringing in sick saying you've been cursed tomorrow and see how far it gets you.

And whilst I may be smelly I'm certainly not middle class.
I didn't say you were smelly - I'm sure you are fragrant in the extreme. I did try the phone in curse thing, and my boss told me to sit in the garden on no pay. He regretted it later when my sister stuck pins in a plasticine figure I had modelled in my anger.

Back
Top Bottom