Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It annoys me we are so over reliant on Bale and Lennon, especially as Lennon always gets an injury that disrupts his season.

Dru said:
It annoys me we are so over reliant on Bale and Lennon, especially as Lennon always gets an injury that disrupts his season.

well isnt that what wingers are for? we rely on them to give us width and pace.
problem is that we have nobody to rely on to fill their shoes when they get injured
or are just having a shit day/game.

Aaron Lennon ‏ @AaronLennonpsl

Great win and performance by the lads #buzzing!!! For all asking I will be fit for the weekend #PrayForMuamba

1st half:

:lennon: Gets an assist (almost)

:baletroll: :rafaaaa:

2nd half:

:lennon: Gets injured

:harryblow:

:joejordan: "Should we make a change"?

:harrylol: "Still 20 minutes left, why rotate?"

*Lennon continues running*

:lennon:

*Wins a freekick*

:walker: !!!!!

:harrysmile: "I'm a tactical genious"

And yes, :lennon: is a legend.
7 years in tha club!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Lennon and Walker need to work on their partnership / understanding of one another?

Just seems to me that they don't anticipate each other very well, know when to overlap, play the one-two, etc. It should be a deadly, pacey partnership but I feel their play is very hesitant and unsure at times.

Maybe something to work on on the training ground 'Arry? :harryblow:

Çorluka combined brilliantly with him, I think Azza prefers playing with less attack minded RBs. Didn't link that great with Hutton either.

Thelonious said:
Çorluka combined brilliantly with him, I think Azza prefers playing with less attack minded RBs. Didn't link that great with Hutton either.

Yes, Corluka - although as slow as molasses - did seem to gel better with Azza. But surely we can get Walker and Azza working in telepathic tandem, hey 'Arry? Well,... :harryblow:

Lennon might also be confused by the fact that, whenever he has the ball, he has four players within 10 yards of him: Ade, vdV, Modrić, and, of course, Bale.

When Walker and Lennon play together, Walker is gonna be the one overlapping. This will mean Lennon going inside which is where he is less effective and people will moan.

I can actually see the logic of sticking Bale on that side for a bit as he can be effective when cutting in onto his left foot and we would still have the wide threat of Walker. Switching the two wingers (thats the important bit) during the game is something we should do more. If gives the other teams something to think about as well.

How often have Lenny and Kyle had the chance to play together?

With Aaron's intermittent injuries I imagine that they haven't had much of a chance to build a proper understanding yet. Still reckon that given time (and patience) it will become a beastly right side

:lennon:
:walker:

Yep, the both try and occupy the same space. It's why I think sometimes having Lennon and Bale switching works. BAE stays black a little, and Lennon can hit the byline, whereas Bale cuts in and Walker can hit the flank.

Back
Top Bottom