Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No where near a legend and has a lot of work to do. Never any real consistency. He's still young though.

Ledley King will be talked about forever. Loved the open letter to Levy offering a knee transplant.

I doubt we'll ever see a 'legend' ever again. Football ain't like that these days. Even Ledley would have been gone if he was fit. BAE is my legend.

I think Azza Blud is a legend not so much for his accomplishments on the pitch, but for his work as a journalist as evidenced below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyLSstqMvH8[/youtube]

*as an aside - I'd totally smash that (Naomi Wolf not Aaron Lennon)

He's playing some brilliant football at the minute, twice scored from the left as well. I'd say his return to form is the catalyst to how we're playing at the minute (style not results wise). For ages, we were salivating at an on-song Lennon and Bale on the same side and now we have it!

bloody hell! One of our best signings of the last 10 years imo, in terms of how much we paid and what we've got out of him. Just hoping he can stay fit

like you say we've been waiting for ages for in form Bale AND Lennon. Plus we've got Adebayor, vdV, Defoe, Modric and even Parker is getting in on the act trying to get a goal. When teams play us we come at them from every angle, it's like the footballing version of Gang Bang Girl #26.

Lennon will never be a legend for us imo.

Ekotto - on a serious note, what other left back in the league would you swap him for if any? A mate text me last night saying 'I like Ekotto but imagine how good you would be with Enrique in your team instead'

the only LBs in the league who can compete with Ekotto in my opinion (and this goes back at least 1 year so it's not a recent thing) are Cole and Evra but at this very moment he's the best in the league. Having said that, Enrique has been playing well too but he's still prone to more mistakes than Benny.

agreed on BAE.

Lennon may not become a legend but unless he becomes a massive bellend overnight he'll always be well thought of in N17.

I love the lad, I think put him in one of the Sky Sports bummed brigade teams and he's an England XI starter every time. He's exciting, entertaining, gets your on your feet every time he runs at defenders (which he does a little less of now granted) and I honestly believe his final ball has been pretty decent the last couple years or more. He does take a while to get his confidence going again after an injury and Just think he' s got a bit of a tarnished rep and makes it easier for people to slag him off if he makes one mistake. Is he a legend though? Glen Hoddle is, Danny Blanchflower is, Ozzie is, Lennon doesn't come near those names yet but certainly can do if he stays with us and continues to improve.

On the other hand when he isnt on form hes completely predictable.

He seems to be either great or non effective.

In his defence, when he's on form, the team improves hugely. He fits this system perfectly and is reaping the rewards.

buzz_killington_191x300_So_troll-s191x300-152037-535.jpg

Back
Top Bottom