Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He hasn't done anything that justifies use of the word legend yet. Closest thing was the PL winner against Chelsea a couple of years ago, lovely first touch, cut inside and then BOOM with the left peg.

If he was playing regular international football, maybe he'd be a legend. We also haven't won anything of massive note with him in the team. Cure both of those and maybe...

LordFIMM said:
He hasn't done anything that justifies use of the word legend yet. Closest thing was the PL winner against Chelsea a couple of years ago, lovely first touch, cut inside and then BOOM with the left peg.

If he was playing regular international football, maybe he'd be a legend. We also haven't won anything of massive note with him in the team. Cure both of those and maybe...

When you think about it he's been pretty pivotal in some big moments for us in the last few seasons...

That goal against Chelsea
The 4th vs the Scum in the semi final (which was more important than it sounds...) and in the 4-4 (That WAS important)
The late winners against West Ham and Birmingham which helped give us the 4 wins on the bounce to kick off in 2009 (plus his general play at the start of that season)
Liverpool - last minute last season

Love the guy, not a "legend" but he's a proper THFC hero in this era

just out of interest, considering our first 11, other than King are any of them legends?

Legendary status only comes from longevity normally as well as ability. I would necessarily say winning things goes towards it as much although it's always a bonus. If medals were that important none of us would consider King a legend.

Now if this team stayed together for the next 7-8 years and we won the title in that time then there'd be a couple of legends.

Nobody in the current team is a legend in my eyes other than King, and he is more future legend. I dont think you can really be a 'legend' until you retire.

We have had this conversation before (pretty sure some of you copy and pasted your original comments) but who cares when we are in league winning form.

BAE is a cult hero and King has to be a legend. Is Gary Mabbutt a legend? King has to be if you would say so.

Yeah, it's true, longevity as well as how good you are makes legends. But if the impossible happened and we won the league this year, surely some of these players would become seen as legends.

Ginola and Sheringham are thought of as legends.

Klinsmann is considered a legend and he played less than two seasons.

For me a legend is someone who you associate with the club and/or have great memories of.

Back
Top Bottom