A dose of reality

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We had way too many already.
I can't be bothered with more.
I was more replying to sammy about it rather than wanting a cunt off. Just to make a point as I knew he would avoid answering it.
No offence but I don't see how having a cunt off is hard or makes you more of a man.
Anyone can say fuck off cunt etc to anyone else. I don't feel it takes stepping up to do that as you put it.
But fair enough if you feel they are something you step up too. I feel like they are a step down & should be avoided. I sometimes can't resist winding him up knowing he will then be angrily sending me posts that I will never even read. But I have grown up now!
Anyway, I think we are all bored of it all anyway.
So I shall no longer even mention him & will leave him on ignore.
No bother son. You take the high ground. I am a toilet dweller of the lowest order and will always see the world gutter up.
May our worlds never collide.

Because they didn't just lose a game against a top 6 rival without so much as a fight?
Yeah, I think the manner of the defeat is what they were discussing as much as the result.
They were saying whether it is a mental problem that we have had for many years.
& it is the next challenge we need to overcome to step up to the next level.
I think neville really likes our manager & team.
He was full of praise for us as usual.

It will probably be a tag we have for many years now, even if we just lost once or twice next season against the top 6.
Sure. As I posted somewhere else, TalkSport allowing pundits to spin out the narrative of 3 point lane ahead of their visit to us, ignoring the fact that they have taken 3 points from their away travels to the Lane ONCE in 10 fucking years. It wouldn't bother me half as much if our own fans didn't believe it, but they do. They actually believe it to be true then get all shitty about it. I do have some sympathy with them to a degree, but the biggest issue is it's used by the "I hate everything about my club" brigade, you know the #out possy.

Because they didn't just lose a game against a top 6 rival without so much as a fight?

Thinking about this and possibly making excuses for our poor performance .
Liverpool plan was to fight from the off-not caring of the physical fall out. Their next game is 27th February, plenty time to rest and heal their players -We, on the other hand, have three games before we play on the 26th. Maybe this, was on our minds-somehow effected us mentally. Two cups that we are close to taking serious. For them-The mighty Liverpool, only have the PL top 4 to chase.

Thinking about this and possibly making excuses for our poor performance .
Liverpool plan was to fight from the off-not caring of the physical fall out. Their next game is 27th February, plenty time to rest and heal their players -We, on the other hand, have three games before we play on the 26th. Maybe this, was on our minds-somehow effected us mentally. Two cups that we are close to taking serious. For them-The mighty Liverpool, only have the PL top 4 to chase.

Perhaps - it just doesn't explain the sheer dumbfuckery that Dier was doing. It was akin to Vertonghen's LB show against Chelsea a few season ago

Sure. As I posted somewhere else, TalkSport allowing pundits to spin out the narrative of 3 point lane ahead of their visit to us, ignoring the fact that they have taken 3 points from their away travels to the Lane ONCE in 10 fucking years. It wouldn't bother me half as much if our own fans didn't believe it, but they do. They actually believe it to be true then get all shitty about it. I do have some sympathy with them to a degree, but the biggest issue is it's used by the "I hate everything about my club" brigade, you know the #out possy.

3 point lane, yet unbeaten at home all season......no media outlets hysterically banging that stat about is there.

I mean, its not Klopp, or Pep, so now its ALL about away form. Oh....Liverpool have lost at Hull and Bournmouth and Burnley.....so lets make it ALL about away form against the top 6.

Yep, looks much better now

Perhaps - it just doesn't explain the sheer dumbfuckery that Dier was doing. It was akin to Vertonghen's LB show against Chelsea a few season ago
Klopp did his homework and we were 2 nil down after 18 mins-the game after that was them being as disruptive as they could. Maybe redit to Klopp rather than implode?

3 point lane, yet unbeaten at home all season......no media outlets hysterically banging that stat about is there.

I mean, its not Klopp, or Pep, so now its ALL about away form. Oh....Liverpool have lost at Hull and Bournmouth and Burnley.....so lets make it ALL about away form against the top 6.

Listening to TalkSport now. "Title race is ON"!!! "City are the best side in the League, they came back from 8 points behind when the pipped Utd on last day of the season, so they can easily do it". "Chelsea are not playing fluent football".
Fucking Hell! 24hrs ago the bookies were paying out, season over Chelsea run-away champions.
:avbfacepalm:

as a rough rule of thumb, the only Talkshite show I can stomach is Hawsby and Jacobs. Better still to hit the mute button when Jacobs is talking, a Chav trying to be funny, and failing.

Hawsby is a Spurs fan with a sense of humour.

as a rough rule of thumb, the only Talkshite show I can stomach is Hawsby and Jacobs. Better still to hit the mute button when Jacobs is talking, a Chav trying to be funny, and failing.

Hawsby is a Spurs fan with a sense of humour.
Unfortunately it's the only place that talks football throughout the day, it's on all day in my office from 7am-7pm. Best show for me was Colin Murray, he was shite on MoTD but on radio I found him a joy. Respect for him when he told them to fuck off when NewsCorp bought TalkSport recently. Have you noticed how all the News Stories/Articles that are now mentioned/discussed are by The Sun and all Breaking News is "according to Sky"?

Listening to TalkSport now. "Title race is ON"!!! "City are the best side in the League, they came back from 8 points behind when the pipped Utd on last day of the season, so they can easily do it". "Chelsea are not playing fluent football".
Fucking Hell! 24hrs ago the bookies were paying out, season over Chelsea run-away champions.
:avbfacepalm:

Teams 2 or 3pts behind us, and we're fucked and on course for 6th, the gap is too small

Us 2 or 3pts behind a team though is impossible to make up. City are actually closer to Chelsea than we are to City didnt you know.

And when we closed a 7pt gap, and overtook them, and stayed above them for 6wks, it didnt count.

Now it counts for them, and the 4 points we took off them is way more meaningless than the 4 Liverpool took from us. In fact, ours are worth minus 4.

Teams 2 or 3pts behind us, and we're fucked and on course for 6th, the gap is too small

Us 2 or 3pts behind a team though is impossible to make up. City are actually closer to Chelsea than we are to City didnt you know.

And when we closed a 7pt gap, and overtook them, and stayed above them for 6wks, it didnt count.

Now it counts for them, and the 4 points we took off them is way more meaningless than the 4 Liverpool took from us. In fact, ours are worth minus 4.

They're cunts for sure, but we need to win stuff to alter the way we are reported and perceived in the media. The odd top four finish, and a recent history of throwing cup competitions, isn't going to turn media heads unfortunately. I try not to let it bother me.

But that is dumbing down.

Our away form has been average so it should be commented on and Pochettino needs to solve it.

Lets look up at the stars and not into the gutter.

But that is dumbing down.

Our away form has been average so it should be commented on and Pochettino needs to solve it.

Lets look up at the stars and not into the gutter.

It should be commented on with perspective. For example, we havent lost to Hull, Burnley and Bournmouth.
Liverpool and Woolwich have won a whole TWO games more away than us. All three have lost the same amount away...3.

We've drawn two away games that they won. 4 points. The whole thing is nonsense. Yes we can improve, so can everyone.

We have done better in other areas, hence why we are above them.

Which 5 teams have better away records thus far?
Utd, City, Woolwich, Liverpool and Chelsea. And before you came back with some other doom-munger shite. We have played everyone of them away, they still have to play each other away. City, Woolwich and Utd have LOST every game away from home against top 6 they have played. We have had the hardest away fixtures than any of them. They WILL drop points, we will therefore have a better away record than most of them, probably not Chelsea or Liverpool, but lets see.

Utd, City, Woolwich, Liverpool and Chelsea. And before you came back with some other doom-munger shite. We have played everyone of them away, they still have to play each other away. City, Woolwich and Utd have LOST every game away from home against top 6 they have played. We have had the hardest away fixtures than any of them. They WILL drop points, we will therefore have a better away record than most of them, probably not Chelsea or Liverpool, but lets see.

In other words the worst of the top 6 and thetefore average when you consider we trail City by a couple points and Chelsea by 10.

Next you will argue with the stats.

Back
Top Bottom