A dose of reality

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It should be commented on with perspective. For example, we havent lost to Hull, Burnley and Bournmouth.
Liverpool and Woolwich have won a whole TWO games more away than us. All three have lost the same amount away...3.

We've drawn two away games that they won. 4 points. The whole thing is nonsense. Yes we can improve, so can everyone.

We have done better in other areas, hence why we are above them.

Mate, with all due respect, if at the end of any season we had lost to Woolwich and Chelsea home and away I would not care two hoots.

Whoever we have played thus far and I think the relevance on when you play teams is often the form they are in, we currently sit 3rd.

The conjecture of what might be cannot forget what is.

Remind everyone again we won once against City, Chelsea, Man U and Woolwich under AVB and TS.
Have we improved yes.
We haven't lost as many either.
We used to get done at Woolwich regularly.
Chelsea would beat us at home.
City would invariably give us a thrashimg.
We also have less experienced players.

In other words the worst of the top 6 and thetefore average when you consider we trail City by a couple points and Chelsea by 10.

Next you will argue with the stats.
Fucking hell you are a bundle of joy.

Why are you going out of your way to prove the fact that we are shit? Every single post from you is about how poor we are, when you are challenged and shown that your are talking out of your backside you then go out of your way to find another way to talk about how shit we are. You never answer the question you are asked to back up your theories.

So here we are again. You say we have an average away record. Facts state that we don't. When shown this you then twist it and say its average against the top 6, despite paying absolutely no attention to the fact that there are 3 other clubs who have 0% win rate against the top 6.

Fuck me.

Why are you going out of your way to prove the fact that we are shit? Every single post from you is about how poor we are, when you are challenged and shown that your are talking out of your backside you then go out of your way to find another way to talk about how shit we are. You never answer the question you are asked to back up your theories.

So here we are again. You say we have an average away record. Facts state that we don't. When shown this you then twist it and say its average against the top 6, despite paying absolutely no attention to the fact that there are 3 other clubs who have 0% win rate against the top 6.

Fuck me.
giphy.gif

Fuck me.

Mo sweat mate. I don't actually criticise us that much but neither do I see it through blue and white tinted glasses.

We are a good side. At times very good. We would likely have more players in a top 11 Prem side but we have a weakness this season in particular and one is our personnel for away games which I think was evident even last season and the other which is much harder to put right, which is 100% about lacking a Bale type player (by that I mean presence).

We do not have to agree but I fully respect your viewpoiht.

In other words the worst of the top 6 and thetefore average when you consider we trail City by a couple points and Chelsea by 10.

Next you will argue with the stats.

There are 20 teams in the league though.

Worst of the top 6....yet we sit in third. As I said, perspective. We have been better than them elsewhere.
Liverpool lost to Swansea at home. We beat Swansea at home. If they beat Swansea, they'd be above us.

So much for their 6 pointer.

Mo sweat mate. I don't actually criticise us that much but neither do I see it through blue and white tinted glasses.

We are a good side. At times very good. We would likely have more players in a top 11 Prem side but we have a weakness this season in particular and one is our personnel for away games which I think was evident even last season and the other which is much harder to put right, which is 100% about lacking a Bale type player (by that I mean presence).

We do not have to agree but I fully respect your viewpoiht.
I do respect you opinion mate, but come on, tell me I'm wrong about you constantly looking to find the negative. Just read through last couple of posts. Our away form is not average. You have just mentioned that it was evident last season, how? We had the 2nd best away record last season!!! Do you get where I'm coming from now?

Mate, with all due respect, if at the end of any season we had lost to Woolwich and Chelsea home and away I would not care two hoots.

Whoever we have played thus far and I think the relevance on when you play teams is often the form they are in, we currently sit 3rd.

The conjecture of what might be cannot forget what is.

Im strictly talking about what is, thats the whole point.
We are third on merit, because thus far we have done better than every other team below us.

So, as I say, the away form argument is nonsense in isolation. Because we have made up points elsewhere, where others have dropped points.

I do respect you opinion mate, but come on, tell me I'm wrong about you constantly looking to find the negative. Just read through last couple of posts. Our away form is not average. You have just mentioned that it was evident last season, how? We had the 2nd best away record last season!!! Do you get where I'm coming from now?
Of course. But having the 6th best away record when our comparators are the 5 teams in and around us is the thing to look at, and not the broader comparison.

We won't agree on this mate but that's why it is called a forum for debating.

Not an issue for me.

Im strictly talking about what is, thats the whole point.
We are third on merit, because thus far we have done better than every other team below us.

So, as I say, the away form argument is nonsense in isolation. Because we have made up points elsewhere, where others have dropped points.

Despite an average away record!!

Dont worry, if we claw back and win the PL, in the Press it will be tainted by our away form vs the rest of the BIG FIVE

:bentley:

Of course. But having the 6th best away record when our comparators are the 5 teams in and around us is the thing to look at, and not the broader comparison.

We won't agree on this mate but that's why it is called a forum for debating.

Not an issue for me.
Just scratch my itch for me on this, please. You have just said it was evident that last season that our away record was poor/average whatever. We had the SECOND best away record in the league!! Where did you spot this weakness, please tell me?

Of course. But having the 6th best away record when our comparators are the 5 teams in and around us is the thing to look at, and not the broader comparison

Its the broader comparison that puts you in your place in the table though.

Why look at away form against the top 6, but ignore the fact they have all lost at home and we havent?

I could pick anything in isolation and start banging on about us having the second best goal difference and thats as good as an extra point. In fact thats far more relative to where we will finish, and the reason we are above Woolwich.

So has them having a better away form against the top 6 benefitted them in the table.

If the season finished today, did it help them?

Just scratch my itch for me on this, please. You have just said it was evident that last season that our away record was poor/average whatever. We had the SECOND best away record in the league!! Where did you spot this weakness, please tell me?

The false sense of security which Leicester are also seeing this season is that for whatever reason the big clubs were all over the place, so there was a sense of strangeness to it all. Even then I was saying we lacked pace up top and options to Kane.

This season we have snatched a draw against City, lost to Liverpool and lost at Chelsea. That is a big and significant swing of points.

It's observation mate more than criticism but if you are going to soak pressure which we can do quite capably you have to have accuracy of passing or pace up top to utilise the space - we don't, which is why I believe we have an average away record this season.

Its the broader comparison that puts you in your place in the table though.

Why look at away form against the top 6, but ignore the fact they have lost at home and we havent?

I could pick anything in isolation and start banging on about us having the second best goal difference and thats as good as an extra point. In fact thats far more relative to where we will finish, and the reason we are above Woolwich.

So has them having a better away form against the top 6 benefitted them in the table.

If the season finished today, did it help them?

Correct. If we finish 3rd then I will wonder why we didn't finish higher. Away form.

Or drawing with Leicester. That would see us higher if we had won.

You dont get more points for drawing at home

Hmmmm......

Draw Chelsea away - +1 us, minus 2 Chelsea.
Draw Liverpool, +1 us, minus 2 Liverpool.
Draw United, +1 us, minus 2 United.

It takes us to within 4 or 5 of that blue tribe.

Not an exact science of course but you see my drift.

Ultimately 3rd is good at present, on paper we have had our harder away games so lets see but irrespective I think we need better options away from home.

Last edited:
The false sense of security which Leicester are also seeing this season is that for whatever reason the big clubs were all over the place, so there was a sense of strangeness to it all. Even then I was saying we lacked pace up top and options to Kane.

This season we have snatched a draw against City, lost to Liverpool and lost at Chelsea. That is a big and significant swing of points.

It's observation mate more than criticism but if you are going to soak pressure which we can do quite capably you have to have accuracy of passing or pace up top to utilise the space - we don't, which is why I believe we have an average away record this season.
giphy.gif

The big and significant swing of points you refer to is -2 points! Despite that we have more points, more goals scored, less goal conceded than this time last year.

Back
Top Bottom