#1882thfc Maribor. 8th November 2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm a long time season ticket holder (20 odd years) and currently working in Asia, bit of a lurker when it comes to forums, but I want to say as my first post on here that the 1882 is the most inspiring idea to be created by Spurs fans in a long, long while.

Spending some time away from Spurs (just over 3 years now) apart from the odd game over Xmas and a holiday here and there definitely makes the heart grow fonder and I'm virtually counting the days until the Xmas holidays when I can get back and to some games. Maybe some of the boo-boys need some time away from the club to make them appreciate what they have.

We have a very loyal and large fan-base, but it is ageing and gradually becoming more cynical and lazy, especially at the Lane. I've noticed the variety of songs sung dwindling over the years to the point now where our repertoire is pretty old, boring and repetitive. We are put to shame but many other clubs on this front. Couple the disappointment of last season with the lofty expectancy and fidgety uncertainty of this season and you have a dispiriting situation in the stands at WHL.

From what I read and know, there are many thousands at WHL that want to sing and support the team in the way that 1882 stands for, unwavering, vocal, the right way. It's a question of galvanising the support and becoming a focal point for change and improvement.

So good luck to the 1882 on Thursday, sing up, start something important and make going to the games special again.

If you can have the atmosphere sorted by the time I get back to the UK in 18 months or so I would be grateful, thanks! :ade:

2 events, 2 losses, hoping that run comes to an end tomorrow. If Defoe scores tomorrow, he should celebrate by walking down the "tunnel" between Park Lane and the Shelf.

I know its not in the spirit of things to discuss the actual football but do we HAVE to win this one?

hmmmm

So, Brickies it is? I probably wont be able to get there til about 6.30, am I gonna be able to get in?! (with my 5 bags of torn up paper)

2 events, 2 losses, hoping that run comes to an end tomorrow. If Defoe scores tomorrow, he should celebrate by walking down the "tunnel" between Park Lane and the Shelf.
Whoever scores the first 1882 supported goal will be instantly elevated to hero status.

God i hope it's an own goal. For the lulz.

Back
Top Bottom