Étienne Capoue

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bentaleb supplied the pass to the assister in the winner to west ham and the opener today.

What did MS do? Shit out of a challenge which led to Liverpools opener and cause a negative media storm.

Fuck that guy.

We have bentaleb who is creating direct through the middle and capoue with insane passing stats as well as both being tough as nails.

COYS!

The S in COYS is for Spurs btw. Not Southhampton.

Your post confuses me. You got mad at the suggestion of Modric being he pass to assister. Yet, you give praise to Bentaleb for doing that. I accept that Bentaleb has a bit more direct involvement with that than Modric, but it just confuses me.

Your post confuses me. You got mad at the suggestion of Modric being he pass to assister. Yet, you give praise to Bentaleb for doing that. I accept that Bentaleb has a bit more direct involvement with that than Modric, but it just confuses me.

Confused?

Or obvious blatant neon plated baiting? Haha.

Confused?

Or obvious blatant neon plated baiting? Haha.
Not baiting. Pure curiosity. I dont agree with many of the things you say, but im interested in your opinion because its so different. 6oure opinion on Modri interets me the most. Simple question, who would you rather have for one game, Bentaleb, Dembele, or Modric?

I don't think it would tbh

Bentaleb is still at an age were you want to protect him abit so rotating with someone quality would likely help his progress not hinder it

to much football at his age could easily burn him out and the season is a long hard one
As long as he continues to get 25-30 games he shall continue to improve. Agree he needs protection. Showed his inexperience yesterday when he started missing his men with increasing regularity after a couple of confidence wrecking stray balls.

it always blows my mind that the guy is 26... always see him as a year or two younger than sandro.

Capoue, anyone notice the heavy strapping on one of his knees.
We need quality to cover/support him, Schneiderlin has to happen.

Honestly, Schneiderlin playing next to Capoue might be the best option we'd have at that point-- more of a partner transfer than any sort of cover. Schneiderlin doesn't seem to be nearly as much of a destroyer type as Capoue, though that label doesn't do Capoue's passing ability much justice. Thought he looked great as the anchor against QPR.

Of course that'd end up pissing either of Dembele or Paulinho off (as I expect Bentaleb will still see plenty of game-time while he develops).

Capoue, anyone notice the heavy strapping on one of his knees.
We need quality to cover/support him, Schneiderlin has to happen.

A holding midfield position at spurs is probably only second to AM for depth that we have there.

Jan (Wenger wanted to sign him as a dm)
Bentaleb
Dembele
Sandro
Paulinho
Mason

That is amazing quality backup. Sandro and Dembele helped get our record points total in the past in those positions. That is how golden our backup is.

I'm pretty sure MS stats are fishy from last season. They had possession on par with the best in the league yet he was making enough blocks and tackles like they were overun. It had to be linked to a specific role he had. Like blocking in the middle of a wall, being the man who closes down free throws, goes in deep to defend all corners etc.

He hasn't looked like the player last seasons stats suggested so far this season.

Schneiderlin is a good player but not for over 20 mils to fill a position that is so well staffed.
Hope Bentaleb and Mason gets more air time. Anyone thinks Mason will ever make it?

Ok here's one for you. If I don't hear this in the Park Lane on Thursday I'll be extremely disappointed....

(To the tune of 'I want to be like you' - The Jungle Book)

"Now I'm the king of the swingers oh
I'm Tottenham's VIP
I've reached the top, I'll never stop
So don't you fuck with me.
I came to play for Tottenham
And pass the ball around
And if you try and tackle me
Then you'll be going down

Oh, ooh Capoue
I wanna be like you
I wanna run like you, score like you
Too.
You see it's true
A fan like me
Can learn to be
Etienne Capoue"

You're welcome :levylol:

Schneiderlin is a good player but not for over 20 mils to fill a position that is so well staffed.
Hope Bentaleb and Mason gets more air time. Anyone thinks Mason will ever make it?

I was really impressed with Mason in preseason. He seemed to have a bit of everything. He also had that unflappable thing going on. He reminded me of Carrick because he was played deep but he's supposed to be an am. Whatever his best positon, he looks well rounded.

When holtby or Carroll played the same position, we looked like we could concede at any moment.

I was really impressed with Mason in preseason. He seemed to have a bit of everything. He also had that unflappable thing going on. He reminded me of Carrick because he was played deep but he's supposed to be an am. Whatever his best positon, he looks well rounded.

When holtby or Carroll played the same position, we looked like we could concede at any moment.

There has to be some form of reckoning at the club, we look like Chelsea the way we horde players like an old woman hordes cats. How many midfielders do we have, loads, many with not much chance of playing outside an EL game, obviously you need two teams to compete but we have three right now and I don't think it's in the interests of the club to have as many. I can understand why Poch said he thought we had to many players, it not good for moral either, we have to look at the likes of Holtby, Mason, Carroll, along with Sandro and Paulinho and decide who stays and who goes.

There has to be some form of reckoning at the club, we look like Chelsea the way we horde players like an old woman hordes cats. How many midfielders do we have, loads, many with not much chance of playing outside an EL game, obviously you need two teams to compete but we have three right now and I don't think it's in the interests of the club to have as many. I can understand why Poch said he thought we had to many players, it not good for moral either, we have to look at the likes of Holtby, Mason, Carroll, along with Sandro and Paulinho and decide who stays and who goes.

Yep. It's good in a way that poch is starting with one striker so we need 5 midfielders plus competition for each space.

I think it's the wingers that need to go (lennon and Townsend) and IMO Caroll needs to be sold but Swansea is a perfect place for him (permanently). I see holtby as backup for eriksen or Lamela. I would have no qualms with mason filling in for any of the 5 midfield places should we have a crisis like we did last year with Sandro, Paulinho, Moose, Lamela, Capoue all out long term.

Yes, the other two have goals/assists, but still ... it shows how well Capoue is performing.
Capture.png

I'm pretty sure MS stats are fishy from last season. They had possession on par with the best in the league yet he was making enough blocks and tackles like they were overun. It had to be linked to a specific role he had. Like blocking in the middle of a wall, being the man who closes down free throws, goes in deep to defend all corners etc.

He hasn't looked like the player last seasons stats suggested so far this season.

LOL. Uses stats to prove 'points' - when stats don't agree they must be 'fishy'. :dawsonlol:

Back
Top Bottom