Étienne Capoue

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LOL. Uses stats to prove 'points' - when stats don't agree they must be 'fishy'. :dawsonlol:

Stats about players we watch weekly...

You must have missed MS powderpuff tackle that led to Liverpools opener.

Watching that ball cut his team (that he verbally talked shit about publicly) to shreds like diva MS wasn't there made me glad we have tigers like Bentaleb and Capoue.

NOBODY was wishing we had MS last season. He wasn't brought up when he played against us, wasn't admired in regular football threads etc.

He became a forum must have when his stats did the rounds and the Saints had a fire sale. Nobody remembers the absolute monster these stats portray.

I don't think for a fucking second that you or any of the other posters who want our players out the door and him in are MS experts and have seen him play a bunch last season.

IMO its a case of stats fueled hysteria and hope.

I think Capoue would push his shit in. MS was a cog in a solid midtable side.

Last edited:
I think Capoue would push his shit in. MS was a cog in a solid midtable side.
I don't know what you mean by "push his shit in", but I do agree with your assessment of MS. I was neither particularly pro or against signing for the right fee, but £20m+ was silly money when I don't feel he would improve our midfield.

I must say Capoue has far exceeded my expectations so far this season. I hope he continues his good form.

Capoue was one of our highest rated players (in terms of 'out of 10 ratings' given on here and GG) before he got injured last season, and prior to that was one of the most consistent and highly rated performers in Ligue 1. Not sure why his good form in the first few matches this season should come as a suprise.

I think all the furore with Schniederlin (my self included) is that Poch seems to want him so much. Capoue when
he first arrived looked top draw. Early daws this season but he is looking like that player again. Poch likes a
pair in front of the back 4. With it looking like Sandro is on his way. I,d love for him to be able to select that pair from Capoue, Bentaleb and MS.

Well done capoue again, another good match against the scum. His confidence must be starting to zoom. His big test will be against Soton next weekend particularly he knows Poch wanted MS for his spot and MS will want to show THFC what they missed.

Well done capoue again, another good match against the scum. His confidence must be starting to zoom. His big test will be against Soton next weekend particularly he knows Poch wanted MS for his spot and MS will want to show THFC what they missed.
I don't think Capoue position has ever been in doubt under Poch. It was Sandro he doubted hence he has gone. (Sandro injured again for QPR yesterday came of after only 11min).

Great today but I think he needs someone alongside him who can really speed up our passing and give opposition things to worry about when it comes to being dangerous with the ball and making good runs off it.
So, basically, Modric.

I liked him when he first came, thought he was unlucky with injuries and could never understand why Sherwood preferred Bentaleb (man v boy), think he has been one of our better players so far this year - IMO.

He was great today, just a monster in the midfield. He was also pinging balls all over the park like a French Steven Gerrard (minus the being a massive defensive liability :adegrin:). Cheers Étienne.
SlushyPlaintiveBasil.gif

He is coming along really well. Before pre-season I looked at the names for the two positions; Sandro, Dembele, Bentaleb, Paulinho, Capoue and maybe Holtby..and I couldn't see him getting many games.
Sandro gone, Paulinho shocking, Holtby gone...

Capoue first choice, playing together with Mason. If I had slept for 4 months I would have asked wtf has happened. Take a bow Etienne!

Back
Top Bottom