Étienne Capoue

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bs7lBLvIMAAENyx.jpg

Capoue has been a sort of a revelation for us in this preseason. Hopefully, that's a good sign for what's to come. Not just his solid defensive aspect, but his passing also has been brilliant. And it was loads of forward passing too. I hope we get Schneiderlin, but if not, Capoue is starting to look like the man to fill that position. He's gonna be pretty important for us this season.

when him and Sissoko were at Toulose or whatever still I remember afew people who had seen him say he was of the mythical deep lying playmaker variety lol and even though Sissoko was getting the head lines this blokee was the better player

beast of a midfielder that's for sure and very well rounded

when him and Sissoko were at Toulose or whatever still I remember afew people who had seen him say he was of the mythical deep lying playmaker variety lol and even though Sissoko was getting the head lines this blokee was the better player

beast of a midfielder that's for sure and very well rounded
Absolute monster of a player and a great passer as well. If we get Schneiderlin those two will be perfect players for a 4-2-3-1 pivot.

Absolute monster of a player and a great passer as well. If we get Schneiderlin those two will be perfect players for a 4-2-3-1 pivot.

i'm not sure how much better Schneiderlin is than Bentaleb but if he is a cut above he could be the difference in doing the quadruple or just the double

:ap:

i'm not sure how much better Schneiderlin is than Bentaleb but if he is a cut above he could be the difference in doing the quadruple or just the double

:ap:
Bit pessimistic there! We'll enter a B team into the champions league for a laugh, win that, the Europa, the League, the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Community Shield and obviously the Supercup too giving us the heptuple!

Bentaleb supplied the pass to the assister in the winner to west ham and the opener today.

What did MS do? Shit out of a challenge which led to Liverpools opener and cause a negative media storm.

Fuck that guy.

We have bentaleb who is creating direct through the middle and capoue with insane passing stats as well as both being tough as nails.

COYS!

The S in COYS is for Spurs btw. Not Southhampton.

Last edited:
Bentaleb supplied the pass to the assister in the winner to west ham and the opener today.

What did MS do? Shit out of a challenge which led to Liverpools opener and cause a negative media storm.

Fuck that guy.

We have bentaleb who is creating direct through the middle and capoue with insane passing stats as well as both being tough as nails.

COYS!

My only real angle with MS is the margins get really fine at the top of the league and if Poch really thinks he'd take us up a level alongside Capoue then it could be the difference in lifting a trophy or not. Bentaleb will get plenty of time regardless though but Holtby/Pauli/Dembele would likely be fucked.

My only real angle with MS is the margins get really fine at the top of the league and if Poch really thinks he'd take us up a level alongside Capoue then it could be the difference in lifting a trophy or not. Bentaleb will get plenty of time regardless though but Holtby/Pauli/Dembele would likely be fucked.

I don't think he'd get much change from Bentaleb, capoue, dembele or Sandro face to face.

I think he's on their level. The last thing we need is another midfielder that can't score and create.

Dembele and sandro lack fitness but judging by the Liverpool game so does MS.

We all know about Dembele and sandros potential. If poch can do the same with them, the payoff could potentially be better long term.

I don't think he'd get much change from Bentaleb, capoue, dembele or Sandro face to face.

I think he's on their level. The last thing we need is another midfielder that can't score and create.

Dembele and sandro lack fitness but judging by the Liverpool game so does MS.

We all know about Dembele and sandros potential. If poch can do the same with them, the payoff could potentially be better long term.

I've never really watched the bloke but from what I grasp he is alot like Bentaleb only abit more accomplished with his passing and more experience. If Poch really wants him then I wouldn't mind but it would mean potentially losing someone I rate.

With MS you can't argue with his ability and the stats back it up. He'd be a great addition to our team.

But at the same time I would love if Poch got the best out of Bentaleb, Sandro and Dembele.

So basically, whatever happens I'll be happy cos Poch is the man.

I've still not lost hope on Pauli

if Poch can get him to up toughen up abit he could be a real asset too

he's got a great engine and a nose for goal he just needs to learn how to impose himself on matches more

Bentaleb has so much potential. Can see his game improved since start of year from a play safe to final ball player. Looks stronger too. MS is good but if that means hinder Ben's progress I will be disappointed.

Bentaleb has so much potential. Can see his game improved since start of year from a play safe to final ball player. Looks stronger too. MS is good but if that means hinder Ben's progress I will be disappointed.

I don't think it would tbh

Bentaleb is still at an age were you want to protect him abit so rotating with someone quality would likely help his progress not hinder it

to much football at his age could easily burn him out and the season is a long hard one

Back
Top Bottom