Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thoughts on his injury being a Berahino style drugs ban? I'm suspicious whenever a player is said to be abroad seeking treatment for an injury.

Interesting.

I remember Rosicky used to be out for months and months and months upon end with an 'injury' yet I always heard he was out due a drug addiction. I wonder if it's the same with Lamela? He always has those crazy Maradona eyes and runs around like a mad man - it's definitely not out of the realms of possibility to be honest with you.

Interesting.

I remember Rosicky used to be out for months and months and months upon end with an 'injury' yet I always heard he was out due a drug addiction. I wonder if it's the same with Lamela? He always has those crazy Maradona eyes and runs around like a mad man - it's definitely not out of the realms of possibility to be honest with you.

I'd be very surprised if Poch would have put up with that. I didn't know the Rosicky rumour, it was pretty obvious Alan Hutton was on the dickhead dust during his time at Spurs.

And Totti Totti too, but your not going to admit to that are you? :nawty:

tumblr_msi8h8pHJ51sngki6o3_r2_250.gif

More ridicilous conspiracy theories. Now he's a drug addict?

You don't have to be a drug addict to take drugs - what would be really ridiculous would be to think that there isn't some recreational drug use by Premier League footballers.

The Berahino story shows the accepted method between clubs and the FA for dealing with a failed test outside of WADA rules.

I'd be very surprised if Poch would have put up with that. I didn't know the Rosicky rumour, it was pretty obvious Alan Hutton was on the dickhead dust during his time at Spurs.
Yeah can't see Poch would accept it, but you never know and I certainly think that drugs are a much bigger problem in the Premier League than is stated and that a lot is hushed up. I am certain Wilshere isn't always injured when he is 'injured', Andy Carroll too.

Yeah can't see Poch would accept it, but you never know and I certainly think that drugs are a much bigger problem in the Premier League than is stated and that a lot is hushed up. I am certain Wilshere isn't always injured when he is 'injured', Andy Carroll too.

Funny thing, I remember terrace tattle from the guy next to us in block 33 when Lamela was first injured just after his transfer and he said 'he has a coke problem, he's on a long 'injury layoff' to rehab as they don't do random drug tests/TUE exemptions'

Hope it's all just BS, but he wouldn't be the first argie in a Spurs shirt on the Marching Powder.....

dm730b.jpg

First he was faking injury because he couldn't be bothered, then he went into severe depression because of his dog, then he wanted back to Rome, then back to River Plate to nurture his brother and now he's been shipped off to rehab because he was caught snorting charlie off Fazio's thighs in a Rome nightclub? He's just injured for fuck sake.

Interesting.
...I always heard he was out due a drug addiction. I wonder if it's the same with Lamela? He always has those crazy Maradona eyes and runs around like a mad man - it's definitely not out of the realms of possibility to be honest with you.

I can't see it myself.
:lamelaaghh::lamelashock:

.....ah.
:pochfacepalm:

You don't have to be a drug addict to take drugs - what would be really ridiculous would be to think that there isn't some recreational drug use by Premier League footballers.

The Berahino story shows the accepted method between clubs and the FA for dealing with a failed test outside of WADA rules.
Yep. It's not a stretch to imagine that a footballer with unlimited cash, going to VIP sections of clubs, and with a few 'unsavoury' hangers on, wouldn't have the opportunity/temptation to do something illicit.

As for Lamela, come on, no-one really thinks this is a drugs issue. Seems more like a hypothetical being mentioned in this thread due to the Berahino stuff.

I think Lamela is more likely to come out at Gay than be a druggie...
...have you seen his skin complexion?
You don't get that on the 'Danger Dust' or the 'Charlie Brown' or the 'Tits'n'teeth' or the fuck they call it these days!!

I heard he is having a sex change, and there is a hold up at the FA whether he can still play for us or has to go play for the spurs ladies instead.....:levyeyes:
BlftgVqIUAEdgP8.jpg

He's not depressed, injured or on drugs.

The truth is Sherwood got hold of him again and is keeping him hostage until he gets his "Second to none" win ration back.

Some of Pochs comments over the weekend suggested it's psychological reasons that have kept him out, reading between the lines.

Said something along the lines of Lamela being focused/positive about getting back playing again now which is a step in the right direction. Suggests there's definitely been some degree of mental issues that have prolonged his absence.

Am I imagining it or does he not have a history of lengthy spells out "injured" each season he's been with us?

Hope he gets through whatever has been troubling him, be it physical or mental, as he's a real asset when on top form.

Back
Top Bottom