Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be tough to show my face on here again.

raw

Yeah knock yourself out mate
You too.

The difference is I know I am only guessing & I know it isn't a fact & it's just a guess.

You are saying you know what I think for a fact!!
& have no posts of me saying this.

We all make leaps & assumptions.
As long as you know they are just that & not facts.
& you thinking you know what someone else is thinking isn't a fact either.

Also, people like schmood said lamela was done for this season, the journalist stobart is reliable etc.
I never said anything like that!

Last edited:
I can only judge his mentality from what I see and what has gone before, factual things. I have only witnessed one of the toughest on the pitch. We are a team of bastards, lead by chief bastards Lamela and Alli. They play in the spirit fostered by their manager one of the biggest bastards to play the game. For decades we have lacked players with his mentality. But even here the haters say he "gets stupid/unnecessary yellows" FFS!
PAY-Erik-Lamela.jpg

Lamela’s mentality was forged at River Plate. He made his debut for them at 17 and, by 18, he was a first-team regular, playing in the Superclásico against Boca Juniors. The Buenos Aires derby is one of the most heated in world football; in 2004, the Observer described it as making “the Old Firm game look like a primary school kick-about”.

Lamela was in the side that won 1-0 at River Plate’s El Monumental in November 2010 and he travelled to La Bombonera for the return in May 2011. By then, with Ariel Ortega having left the club, Lamela had the fabled No10 shirt. The River Plate team bus was pelted with rocks on the way in. “We got there but without any glass in the bus,” Lamela says, with a smile. Boca won 2-0.

“Those games were among the best things that have ever happened to me in my football career,” Lamela says. “I’d been at River since I was a seven-year-old kid and it’s something you dream of. Derby day in Buenos Aires is completely crazy and those sort of experiences have shaped me. When you’ve played at a club like River, who are a massive, massive club in Argentina – and Roma, the same, in Italy – you learn how to deal with the pressure. After that, you can live with anything.”

These comments resonate with me, he is a big game player, always turns up on the big day (Citeh, Woolwich, Utd. Chelsea), don't recall a standout performance against Pool.......might explain why they are the only team we have struggled against recently??

What shines through is Lamela’s love of football. “It’s the thing I enjoy most in life,” he says. “I live for football. I’m at my absolute happiest when I’m out on the field playing, or in training. If I go home, I’ll just have a kickabout there because I love the game so much.” Imagine being injured and unable to play when that is all you have in your life???
(these quotes were from his very first interview away from the club in his 2nd season).

I can only judge his mentality from what I see and what has gone before, factual things. I have only witnessed one of the toughest on the pitch. We are a team of bastards, lead by chief bastards Lamela and Alli. They play in the spirit fostered by their manager one of the biggest bastards to play the game. For decades we have lacked players with his mentality. But even here the haters say he "gets stupid/unnecessary yellows" FFS!
PAY-Erik-Lamela.jpg

Lamela’s mentality was forged at River Plate. He made his debut for them at 17 and, by 18, he was a first-team regular, playing in the Superclásico against Boca Juniors. The Buenos Aires derby is one of the most heated in world football; in 2004, the Observer described it as making “the Old Firm game look like a primary school kick-about”.

Lamela was in the side that won 1-0 at River Plate’s El Monumental in November 2010 and he travelled to La Bombonera for the return in May 2011. By then, with Ariel Ortega having left the club, Lamela had the fabled No10 shirt. The River Plate team bus was pelted with rocks on the way in. “We got there but without any glass in the bus,” Lamela says, with a smile. Boca won 2-0.

“Those games were among the best things that have ever happened to me in my football career,” Lamela says. “I’d been at River since I was a seven-year-old kid and it’s something you dream of. Derby day in Buenos Aires is completely crazy and those sort of experiences have shaped me. When you’ve played at a club like River, who are a massive, massive club in Argentina – and Roma, the same, in Italy – you learn how to deal with the pressure. After that, you can live with anything.”

These comments resonate with me, he is a big game player, always turns up on the big day (Citeh, Woolwich, Utd. Chelsea), don't recall a standout performance against Pool.......might explain why they are the only team we have struggled against recently??

What shines through is Lamela’s love of football. “It’s the thing I enjoy most in life,” he says. “I live for football. I’m at my absolute happiest when I’m out on the field playing, or in training. If I go home, I’ll just have a kickabout there because I love the game so much.” Imagine being injured and unable to play when that is all you have in your life???
(these quotes were from his very first interview away from the club in his 2nd season).
Great post

You too.

The difference is I know I am only guessing & I know it isn't a fact & it's just a guess.

You are saying you know what I think for a fact!!
& have no posts of me saying this.

We all make leaps & assumptions.
As long as you know they are just that & not facts.
& you thinking you know what someone else is thinking isn't a fact either.

Also, people like schmood said lamela was done for this season, the journalist stobart is reliable etc.
I never said anything like that!
I thought you were ignoring me?

Greg Stobart is reliable. We'll have to wait until the summer to find out if he's right in this regard.

How the fuck have they been looking at him for three months, and haven't made a diagnosis?:lamelaaghh:

You make it sound like it's all about making the diagnosis and then the treatment is already a given.

Not how it works. If you have several injuries at the same time, which from the sound of it, might be the case with Lamela, it's not as clear cut as stopping the bleeding from a paper-cut. Pun intended.

PAY-Erik-Lamela.jpg
...that's got my bastard goosebumps going...

BASTARD!!!

Last year I wrote this ode to Eriksen during his injury and he came back even meaner. Time to replicate

Dear Erik, you still ain't trained or twitted, I hope you have a chance
I ain't mad - I just think it's FUCKED UP the club doesn't update fans
If you can't play or be seen outside the complex
you don't have to, but you coulda told Poch we're worried
That's my fantasy team man, it's halfway through
And I'm waiting since gameweek 1 to captain you and beat those wankers from the board,
four months and the club said fuck all
That's pretty shitty man - you're like our fucking idol
we want Sissoko to be just like you man, he'd liked to more than we do
I ain't that mad though, I just don't like being lied to
Remember when we met this summer - you said if I'd write you
you would write back - see I'm just like you in a way
I can't gain weight either
i just want a body like Toby Alderweireld
I can relate to what you're doing in your play
so when I have a shitty day, I watch your highlights and jerk away
cause I don't really got shit else so that shit helps when I'm depressed
I even got a tattoo with Coco across the chest
Sometimes I even try to curl a ball with my clumsy feet
I'm like Andy Carroll, the failure is a natural thing for me
See everytime you play it's class, and I love you cause you're magic
My girlfriend's jealous cause I wanked on your goal against asteras
But she don't know you like I know you Erik, maybe some wanker on TFC does
She don't know what it was like for yids in the 90s growing up
You gotta come back man, Son is annoying me like shit without you
Sincerely yours, P.S. you should be inside me too

When is he back?

Ahhh I forgot about Lamela, I'm hoping he is like a new signing for us! Cant wait for him to come back!
There was genuinely a moment in the Sunderland match when I thought "Oh boy, Son isn't playing very well here... would we normally start him in this 4-2-3-1 formation? Wait a minute, who is the preferred starter over him?"

Took me a minute to remember Lamela existed. His absence is another reason to carry on with three at the back (with it reducing the number of attacking midfielders required).
He really can't come back soon enough - though I doubt we'll see him for at least a month.
:lamelashock:

Last year I wrote this ode to Eriksen during his injury and he came back even meaner. Time to replicate

And I'm waiting since gameweek 1 to captain you and beat those wankers from the board,

When is he back?

This does not just deserve a funny! This deserves a ...
maxresdefault.jpg

When is he back?
applause-gif-3.gif