Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I heard he is having a sex change, and there is a hold up at the FA whether he can still play for us or has to go play for the spurs ladies instead.....:levyeyes:
BlftgVqIUAEdgP8.jpg

To be fair, that programme was called Trans world sport....

:sonhmm:

Some of Pochs comments over the weekend suggested it's psychological reasons that have kept him out, reading between the lines.

Said something along the lines of Lamela being focused/positive about getting back playing again now which is a step in the right direction. Suggests there's definitely been some degree of mental issues that have prolonged his absence.

Am I imagining it or does he not have a history of lengthy spells out "injured" each season he's been with us?

Hope he gets through whatever has been troubling him, be it physical or mental, as he's a real asset when on top form.
Him not being mentally & physically ready to play isn't that far fetched.
I could see him being back in a few weeks or not until next season. It seems to be anyone's guess.

Some of Pochs comments over the weekend suggested it's psychological reasons that have kept him out, reading between the lines.

Said something along the lines of Lamela being focused/positive about getting back playing again now which is a step in the right direction. Suggests there's definitely been some degree of mental issues that have prolonged his absence.

Am I imagining it or does he not have a history of lengthy spells out "injured" each season he's been with us?

Hope he gets through whatever has been troubling him, be it physical or mental, as he's a real asset when on top form.

I doubt it, Poch always uses that type of language. He even used it when talking about Jan being out.

He's always someone who says "Positive, looking forward, be optimistic" etc.

I doubt it, Poch always uses that type of language. He even used it when talking about Jan being out.

He's always someone who says "Positive, looking forward, be optimistic" etc.
Yep I agree he does use language like that but this particular quote sounded, to me, as though he's turned a corner psychologically in his recovery rather than simply saying he's positive about returning.

“We were joking, there were some rumours about him going back to River. I asked him if he wanted to go back and he said: ‘I want to play for this club, be in England and play football. He is now very focused on his recovery to be available as soon as possible.
That is a massive improvement in the last few days. It is very powerful, because if you believe, we are all capable – if you are focused on recovering from your problem.”

Don't fancy his mum Jose much tho
I assume his brother (the unluckiest man on Earth) is the 'other Lamela' in that footage...
poor fucker!

I like the bit near the end where they suggest; "...a Big money move to Man Utd/Man City or PSG is being mentioned..."

Good! We were so under the radar on him!

I assume his brother (the unluckiest man on Earth) is the 'other Lamela' in that footage...
poor fucker!

I like the bit near the end where they suggest; "...a Big money move to Man Utd/Man City or PSG is being mentioned..."

Good! We were so under the radar on him!

There's three of them:

Erik
13687214_291088887937074_1891397507_n.jpg

Brian

GM8A9gQw.jpg

and Axel (who had the accident and is in a wheelchair)
15803648_239495329823317_2994685192884453376_n.jpg

....awwwww my... those pictures make my heart swell with pride... the togetherness, the unity, the joy!

SMELLS LIKE TEAM SPIRIT!!

I thank you, i'm here all weekend!

But it's not fun to lose and to pretend

:deledoubt:

Anyway, apparently the presence of Pau in the first team training sesh is supposed to mean something significant (so say a few reports)?

Back
Top Bottom