Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has this guy been given a Ju Ju curse ?

Last time someone disappeared off the back of a minor, few weeks out, injury they were cursed by their Grandmothers yak curry. :adesalute:

The way this season has gone for Erik he could well end up on a 6 month deal at Palace :lamelashock:

Has this guy been given a Ju Ju curse ?

Last time someone disappeared off the back of a minor, few weeks out, injury they were cursed by their Grandmothers yak curry. :adesalute:

The way this season has gone for Erik he could well end up on a 6 month deal at Palace :lamelashock:

Christ, I hope not. Andros Townsend just can't catch a break!

Just copyng and pasting something I put on another thread about Lamela

"The worst part of waiting and not knowing is to imagine why we are waiting and why we don't know.
At this point I will trust in Poch and Levy that whatever the reason is for him being absent for so long is good enough and that he's still worth the waiting".

The thing is, I don't think anyone knows exactly how long his recovery will take, but they see progress. Poch has been very careful about his predictions compared to the other injured players. I doubt we'll see him this week, but i hope he will appear in some training pics soon.

Some of Pochs comments over the weekend suggested it's psychological reasons that have kept him out, reading between the lines.

Said something along the lines of Lamela being focused/positive about getting back playing again now which is a step in the right direction. Suggests there's definitely been some degree of mental issues that have prolonged his absence.

Am I imagining it or does he not have a history of lengthy spells out "injured" each season he's been with us?

Hope he gets through whatever has been troubling him, be it physical or mental, as he's a real asset when on top form.

What type of mental issue are we talking about ? Legitimate ones ? bi/polar, depression, etc.

It's a shame he has been out for so long. Don't expect he'll make the first eleven straight away, but he would be a very welcome addition to our bench, where we really struggle to have any depth.

What type of mental issue are we talking about ? Legitimate ones ? bi/polar, depression, etc.

If he's OK enough to play, does it really matter??

Didn't stop this fella; :gazza: ...he probably had more combined mental issues and personal demons than an entire Asylum!

...if Lamela's missing his dog and it's affecting his ability to kick a ball, I'd be more worried about that, than if the guy dressed up as Marilyn Monroe each night, smeared himself with his own excrement and stuck a Cucumber up his nose... :lamelashock:
as long as he was able to take the field and perform on the Saturday! (albeit he'd have the showers to himself!):pochshock:

Depression of some degree is what's been suggested.

If it is depression would like to see him and the club come out after he is well and admit it, as all to much there is a bad stigma attached to mental health problems, so would be good for someone as famous as Lamela to say how he was effected and he got help etc and might help some others seek help if needed without feeling embarrassed.

Back
Top Bottom