Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This part:

Lamela added: "I hope that everyone can renew and stay here because it is pleasant to train and play with these players. All are very important in this team. Even those who do not play and those who don't make the bench. The team is very united, the people who work at the club are also key. They are all very important for us to be working as we are doing on the pitch."

Poch would get a lot of flack for saying "we're looking for the right player with the right attitude."

People thought it was a way for Poch hiding how cheap Levy is, but when you see quotes like this it's truly amazing the atmosphere Poch has created in such a short time.

Warms my heart to see how much our players genuinely enjoy being around each other.

Now I've been criticised for suggesting that Lamela is a bit of a luxury player, but I'm told he does
a lot of running and tackling and I will accept that and laud him for it as I hate laziness above all else.
I also acknowledge his technical ability and I have always had faith that he would come good.
I do like him as a player. Honestly. But I just wish he would put on some weight for God's sake.
He looks unwell and his skin tone looks a bit yellow to me. I would love it if he and Eriksen put on
a bit of muscle as it would really enhance our team. They get pushed off the ball too easily.
I mean, Eriksen was outmuscled by Juan Mata ffs.

Now I've been criticised for suggesting that Lamela is a bit of a luxury player, but I'm told he does
a lot of running and tackling and I will accept that and laud him for it as I hate laziness above all else.
I also acknowledge his technical ability and I have always had faith that he would come good.
I do like him as a player. Honestly. But I just wish he would put on some weight for God's sake.
He looks unwell and his skin tone looks a bit yellow to me. I would love it if he and Eriksen put on
a bit of muscle as it would really enhance our team. They get pushed off the ball too easily.

like why are you talking do you not see the bullshit coming out your mouth like seriously!

Someone have a word with Luka Modric as well, he looks like a weedy rodent that couldn't boss a midfield.

I don't buy into the fact all modern footballers have to be henched up 6ft athlete.

what a load of bollocks,have you seen how ripped Chadli is?. And he hardly works as hard or influences the game as much as Lamela.I actually want Lamela to do less defensive work and for him to be focusing more on the final 3rd,potentially shifting back and forth between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 to allow him to camp up there and slice open defences.

You've been told he does a lot of running? Do you ever watch a game when he is on the pitch? He puts in his 110% every single time. When managers talk about Spurs as animals on the pitch that press like hell Lamela is one of those players. Just look at the heatmaps of his games and you can see how much defensive work he is doing. He is one of the reasons Walker made fewer mistakes this season. He tracks back and he presses. Look at the first goal vs United. He was on the floor and trying his best to get the ball and he did.
He might not be the player we wanted to sign a few years ago but his work rate makes up for it and I love it. You cannot expect a player with his physique to 'gain weight' and become the hulk. Even if he started gaining wight and putting on some muscle, it doesn't mean that he would be a better footballer. He would probably lose his agility and stamina, something that is vital to our play. Saying about a PL football player that runs 90 min a game, being treated/trained and overlooked by world class professionals that he looks a bit yellow and unwell is just absurd.

like why are you talking do you not see the bullshit coming out your mouth like seriously!
Unfortu
You've been told he does a lot of running? Do you ever watch a game when he is on the pitch? He puts in his 110% every single time. When managers talk about Spurs as animals on the pitch that press like hell Lamela is one of those players. Just look at the heatmaps of his games and you can see how much defensive work he is doing. He is one of the reasons Walker made fewer mistakes this season. He tracks back and he presses. Look at the first goal vs United. He was on the floor and trying his best to get the ball and he did.
He might not be the player we wanted to sign a few years ago but his work rate makes up for it and I love it. You cannot expect a player with his physique to 'gain weight' and become the hulk. Even if he started gaining wight and putting on some muscle, it doesn't mean that he would be a better footballer. He would probably lose his agility and stamina, something that is vital to our play. Saying about a PL football player that runs 90 min a game, being treated/trained and overlooked by world class professionals that he looks a bit yellow and unwell is just absurd.
I would only want him to add maybe 3-4 pounds of muscle. I do wonder if he's a vegetarian.
I will try to put up a pic of him shortly.
OK, I'm a glutton for punishment... Why do you think it took him so long to get used to
the rigors of the EPL when he was such a quality player in Serie A?

Last edited:

CONFIRMED: Lamela's dog is a Yiddo.

7dAGTPe.jpg

Unfortu

I would only want him to add maybe 3-4 pounds of muscle. I do wonder if he's a vegetarian.
I will try to put up a pic of him shortly.
OK, I'm a glutton for punishment... Why do you think it took him so long to get used to
the rigors of the EPL when he was such a quality player in Serie A?
3-4 pounds of muscle wont do much for him in terms of stability. Its not like the sheer weight will make him stand on his feet. Its part of his physique and his body build. He is not a vegetarian, he is eating steak on some of his photos with Rose. And even if he was a vegetarian it wouldn't have anything to do with his performance. Some of the best athletes, boxers, fighters and even body builders are vegetarian. Its all down to different body types. Hell, even I'm a skinny piece of shit that in 27 year never hit above 60kg's and I climbed mountains with 15-25kg backpacks. This guy has a team of well respected top of the class nutritionists, coaches, physios and psychologists that look after him. Even losers like us judge him every day on all the social networks so I doubt he will become a malnourished sick boy in one of the best performing seasons of our team. Sure this season and the work rate probably had some effects on him but absolutely nothing that we should worry about or criticize.
It took him so long to get used to the rigors of the EPL because he came from a league where the tempo is a lot slower, less aggressive and got a bad injury that had a long lasting effect on his mentality and the way the team viewed him as a central figure. He was playing a game where all he had to do was be creative and use his agility and technique to create chances. He was at the center of every attack and everyone else around him was working for him. Here he is the one doing all the hard work and its paying off. If he would go back to Serie A (which I dont want) he would wipe the floor with half of the teams over there and dominate again.

I read an article in the Daily Mail the other day and in it Martin Chivers was saying he would like to see Harry Kane add a few pounds of muscle as it would make him faster. I can only wonder what he thinks
of Lamela. (Incidentally I have a vivid memory of watching one of his shoulder charges at WHL).
Anyway, you have to get the balance right. Micah Richards put on far too much muscle and our own
Gareth Bale may have bulked up too much. Both these players have suffered a lot of muscle injuries.
Lamela is too much the long distance runner with very little power. But go ahead. Hit the disagree button
like y'all normally do...

But I just wish he would put on some weight for God's sake.
a bit of muscle as it would really enhance our team.
BtKc1HMCAAEb8J1.jpg

Erik is too ill to speak. But if he could, he would say "please help me".

For just £3 a month you can help buy enough food to save this emaciated boy and give him a future free from starvation.

:pocheyes:

BtKc1HMCAAEb8J1.jpg

For just £3 a month you can help buy enough food to save this emaciated boy and give him a future free from starvation.

This pic has not caught me by surprise. I knew he'd been hitting the gym.
I hadn't seen the abs though. Just a bit more lad and you'll be there.
Just don't get vain like Ronaldo......
You can see he loves his new muscles. Muscles are good.

Dang Erik's so hungry there are little bumps all over his stomach... should we call a doctor and check him out or what

BtKc1HMCAAEb8J1.jpg

Ooh er missus, I've come over all unnecessary. Please put out a health warning next time you post something like this, I nearly had a stroke .... well, I would have if I could get close enough. PHWOAR!!!

Back
Top Bottom