Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I truly believe he is a good player. I love him and want to have his babies. He will prove all the so called football experts wrong, who have doubt. He will come good in the EL as Kane did last season and be our boy wounder, Kane can be Batman.

I think the reason most fans (and Poch) are willing to persevere with him (other than his looks) is deep down, we kinda know this kid is the real deal... it's simply a matter of when, not if he will produce.
It's not like we're sticking with a young Rohan Ricketts and hoping he'll come good!!!

Good cameo at Sunderland really should have done better with the header but onwards and upwards. I have been very critical of Lamela and wanted him gone. That being said I will be happy to eat more humble pie if he comes good like Dier at DM and Rose being a class LB.

After that first half I was thinking ":pochfacepalm: not this shit again, another false dawn"... But then the lad rebounded and had a strong second half and topped it off with a cheeky goal (inches from scoring 2). Really liked his combination plays with Alli as well.

He was great in the second half, Poch clearly had a word with him at half time. He was much more influential and I'd argue he's playing much better than Chadli is right now.

He was great in the second half, Poch clearly had a word with him at half time. He was much more influential and I'd argue he's playing much better than Chadli is right now.

Chadli should be out of the starting XI on Sunday. But Alli, Son (can hardly glue him to the bench after scoring two) and Eriksen are all ahead of Lamela right now. If Eriksen can't play you might go with Erik.

Chadli should be out of the starting XI on Sunday. But Alli, Son (can hardly glue him to the bench after scoring two) and Eriksen are all ahead of Lamela right now. If Eriksen can't play you might go with Erik.
I agree with those being ahead of Lamela. I think our line up against Palace won't be much different to what it was against Sunderland though. Son will start, Kane will start, Alli will start and Chadli will start.

I am patting myself on the back for not posting in this thread after his first half performance was terrible. However, credit to him was very good in the second half even though he took a goal off Allis foot!

I am patting myself on the back for not posting in this thread after his first half performance was terrible. However, credit to him was very good in the second half even though he took a goal off Allis foot!

Haha, good on you! We don't know that Alli finishes that better though. It wasn't as Lamela whiffed it, it was about as close as it gets.

Alli is a lad, he knew Lamela needed it more so he gracefully let him have the shot :allitongue:

2nd half lamela today was great I'm starting to believe in this kid again

He's had decent stretches before, and he has always been good for the odd assist. What we need to see is a higher level of play even on days when he is off his game. The lad seems to think he has to do something special every time he is on the ball, he needs to realize when to do it the hard way and when to square it to the player next to him.

I love Lamela's intent but he does tend to try and pick a pass that isn't there at times or waits to long for the pass to present its self and gets his pocket picked but at other times you see his quality like his goal or when he rounded the keeper when he was offside. Would love to see him persisted with this season because I think he would be class if he gets a bit of confidence and consistency in his game.

He's had decent stretches before, and he has always been good for the odd assist. What we need to see is a higher level of play even on days when he is off his game. The lad seems to think he has to do something special every time he is on the ball, he needs to realize when to do it the hard way and when to square it to the player next to him.
yeah stick to the fundamentals he's trying to be too clever

I thought Erik was good yesterday. Lost the ball a few times, but much of that was simply him trying to be positive with his pass selection or trying to beat a man - not a bad thing.

I was very impressed with his desire to win the ball back though. That stood out for me.

And his composure for the goal was excellent.

Would love to see him get a few more goals to his name this season. He's a very good player, but his price tag is very much used against him in any argument.

I think Townsend was Townsend, Lamela was Lamela and Caroll was Carroll.

They all played a microcosm of everything right and everything frustrating about their development.

I thought Erik was good yesterday. Lost the ball a few times, but much of that was simply him trying to be positive with his pass selection or trying to beat a man - not a bad thing.

I was very impressed with his desire to win the ball back though. That stood out for me.

And his composure for the goal was excellent.

Would love to see him get a few more goals to his name this season. He's a very good player, but his price tag is very much used against him in any argument.
I think you are getting carried away. He was abysmal in the first half. Giving the ball away countless times that being said he did a nice job keeping his head up and having a good second half. It is encouraging to see him making some things happen but let's not get carried away. IT was Qarabag and a better side would have punished us for his mistakes in first half and he probably would have gotten subbed off and slaughtered on here. Perspective.

Back
Top Bottom