Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not his ability to create chances that I doubt, it's his consistency. Would be superb if he kicked on now but I'm not holding my breath. Superb sub though. But he should've scored too :saha:

Like almost every player, he performs better when he's gotta fight for his place. And with the new signings, they've all got something to prove, still think it's early to give him a start in the league again.

Lamely plays best behind the striker and is really good in the tight area in the middle on the he is not effective at all
Agree. We have a problem where all of the front 3 constantly want to come inside and cut in. Could call it inverted wingers, but the idea is more that they're all fluent enough to switch positions and each be able to occupy all 3 areas.
A lot of the personnel we have I don't think are that suited to it. Chadli doesn't run enough and doesn't seem to have the football IQ to switch around positions so seamlessly. I think Son is capable of this and is a good purchase in this regard. Eriksen always wants the ball and to be the man. Think he'd be better with traditional wingers.
I'd like to see a front three of
Mason Lamela Son
at least while Eriksen is out. Mason really seems to shine when passing in and around the attacking third, and does have goal sense. Feel like he is wasted a bit as part of a defensive pivot alongside Dier. Lamela needs to do as little defensive tracking as possible and he's definitely has to do more when he's not central.

So basically

keyboard-warrior.jpg
What you did there. I see it.

Back
Top Bottom