Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It appears Poch has a talent for making players and getting them to be highly effective within a team. To illustrate this, take a look at Southampton and their players, everyone was waxing lyrically about Lalanna, Shaw, Font, Clyne, J-Rod, Lambert, Wanyama and Schniderlin there are probably others. It is fare to say that none of them have been remotely like the player today as they were under Poch, but Southampton achieved approx £100m for those that they sold and those that remain don't look all that anymore (I know a couple are injured).
Don't forget £15m Chambers :levylol:

Not Carroll's fault.

No connection.

Persevere as we were saying this about Lamela and now look!

Keep the faith and Poch obviously sees something in the lad!

:pochohshit:

It's more that Dembele has been missing.
Agreed.

On the ball Carroll is fine but if he loses it or someone is in possession near him, you won't see him win it back cleanly and put the opposition on the back foot, he'll just foul them or bounce off them. Dembele when he loses the ball, which is rare in itself, will win it back. Dembele is CRUCIAL to the team and I'm glad he's back.

Don't criticise on here, you'll feel the wrath of the disagrees
Disagree, schmissaschmee...

As I've mentioned before he's now played 35+ games for us and not once has he influenced a game throughout or have I come away going ''fuck me was Carroll good today''. Not once. Dare I say, he's less influential than Townsend.

7/10 passes are first time passes back to the player who gives him the ball, 2/10 are sideways and 1 shows any sort of ambition of threading a gap. His defensive ability and commitment is an utter joke, he pulls out of everything, or worse, just falls over. You fart near him and he's off balance. He's Joe Allen without a beard.

Sure he's a nice kid, he's a Spurs boy and all that other cliche bollocks but Premiership football is cut-throat and you can't afford passengers. Dele Alli has shown in 6 months more than Tom has in 6 years. THAT is the standard of youngster we need. Carroll just doesn't work in our side.

He makes Dier do far too much next to him, constantly covering and getting dragged out of position as he mops up after him. Dier does a commendable job, but we need a more rounded player next to him at all times. Not a 10ft pass machine.

Sorry Tom.

Disagree, schmissaschmee...

As I've mentioned before he's now played 35+ games for us and not once has he influenced a game throughout or have I come away going ''fuck me was Carroll good today''. Not once. Dare I say, he's less influential than Townsend.

7/10 passes are first time passes back to the player who gives him the ball, 2/10 are sideways and 1 shows any sort of ambition of threading a gap. His defensive ability and commitment is an utter joke, he pulls out of everything, or worse, just falls over. You fart near him and he's off balance. He's Joe Allen without a beard.

Sure he's a nice kid, he's a Spurs boy and all that other cliche bollocks but Premiership football is cut-throat and you can't afford passengers. Dele Alli has shown in 6 months more than Tom has in 6 years. THAT is the standard of youngster we need. Carroll just doesn't work in our side.

He makes Dier do far too much next to him, constantly covering and getting dragged out of position as he mops up after him. Dier does a commendable job, but we need a more rounded player next to him at all times. Not a 10ft pass machine.

Sorry Tom.
whisper it - but I think he's shit too..... I was just saying that every time I've said he's crap I get a shit ton of disagrees.

I don't get his inclusion either to be honest. When the opposition are attacking he is non existent..he bounces off players when attempting 'tackles'..his positioning when the opposition are attacking is turbo shit...i mean i really don't get it.

I dont buy in to this he's costing us games bollocks, at least directly.

However i really dont rate the lad at all bless him. I have a game where we go mental everytime he passes forwards, its as rare as him scoring a goal.

He's not the answer to our midfield problems, but it's not his fault he's built like a shrew!
I personally would have him on the bench, to gain experience, but until Dembele is fully fit, or Bentaleb sorts whatever problems he has behind the scenes with the management and gets a game, then I guess we're stuck with little Tommy Carroll!
Shame, 'cos he's not a Top 4 player... he's decent yes, but mid-table at best.... and we're pinning all our hopes on achieving Top 4 with a waif-like, wispy midfielder that can't really ever be expected to grab a game by the scruff of the neck... or, better still, provide that creative spark that the opposition can't possibly hope to deal with, let alone have an answer to...

I just don't think he's strong enough on or off the ball. In this league, that's always going to be an issue. Agree with SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 that Dier has to put in an even bigger shift when Carroll is playing. Don't like to say it about one of our own but I'm not sure he will ever be good enough to play alongside Dier.

Back
Top Bottom