Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind me again why we didn't sign Ayew on a free?

Because his name didn't come out of the magic black box, obviously... : ostrich:

boxes1.jpg

I think there's zero chance of Wanyama happening.
Berahino ... maybe only if Lamela goes.
Otherwise, Pato and Song are not really too bad of signings. They'll do.

I am not a big fan, I would have no problem with it personally.

Not really sure why some are happy to stick by Lamela - generally shit, Mason - average and maybe will get better, Bentaleb - young with potential but still very raw, Pritchard - never seen him play for Spurs more than 5mins in the league, Alli - a kid who needs time to develop and learn etc but, Dembele who is obviously one of the best technical footballers we have and could be brilliant should go.

One of the main problems we have in this amazing system is a ton of players who could go here there and everywhere but none who lend themselves as standout to being perfect for certain roles. Dembele is one of many in that boat but he's a good player. We really have no standout stars bar Kane and maybe Eriksen and Lloris. Dembele could be one.

We'll agree to disagree then. I don't see how he's shown to be a £20,000,000 player. I like him though. I just think a lot of fans will get on his back when for £20,000,000 we get a load of sideways passing and no goals.

Pochettino clearly didn't want him though.
this is part of my point- it would be refreshing to see Levy back the manager with his first choice target (allegedly) instead of a second rate replacement.

Song is an outstanding footballer. It's just whether we can get consistency from him. He tends to be the "midfield version of Adebayor" - a loan would be good enough. He's very good defensively and he'd probably end up then being our most creative central midfielder. He's an upgrade on Wanyama who's going to cost 20 fucking million, let that sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom