Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with Levy lovers/haters. It has everything to do with fans being happy at the club signing someone. If I wanted to read a forum full of tossers I hate I would go read any Woolwich or Chelsea Forum.
not happy enough to not go on & on about levy haters.
strange way u lot have of expressing your happiness of signing a new player......
repeatedly cunt off levy haters.

Hello, first time poster but I found this concerning Pato from a Corinthians fan. I think it sheds some light on why they're interested in selling him:

"It's a long story.

When he first arrived, he was very inconsistent. Most people still believed in his potential, especially since he'd been away from the pitch for a while. However, even with multiple opportunities, he just never really showed his worth.
Then this () happened. Us Corinthians fans know Dida just as well as you guys. He was huge for us. And that is not how you shoot a penalty against Dida. It eliminated us from the Brazilian Cup.
That's pretty much when it all started going downhill for him. Fans were pissed, players and coaching staff as well.

Corinthians fans are an interesting breed. 9 times out of 10 we will prefer a player that has "raça" (roughly translated to drive and just never giving up on plays that most players would) over someone that has to rely very heavily on their technical skill. Pato was never a player that fit with our style.

Then he was loaned off to São Paulo, arguably our biggest rivals. In return, we got Jadson, but permanently. He's been pretty good for us.
Over at São Paulo, though, he started making it very clear that he wasn't really on good terms with his old colleagues from Corinthians, e.g. posting childish things on Twitter when we were going to play São Paulo (being on loan from us, he wasn't allowed to play). He's publicly stated that he wanted Corinthians to be eliminated from the Libertadores (later going on to come up with the excuse that he meant that because, if São Paulo had advanced, he wouldn't be able to face us due to the loan terms, and he wanted play-time. Sure.).

Latest incident was when he told the press that he honestly thinks that Amarilla didn't make any mistakes in this game: (). This was when we were eliminated from the Libertadores of 2013 against Boca. News has been coming up recently that reveals that Grondona (Argentinean FA ex-president) was in cahoots, if you will, with the guy that decided who would ref each game in the Libertadores. Recently, a wired call surfaced that made it very clear the game was rigged, if you couldn't tell from the video. So, even with all this evidence, Pato going and saying this is just stupid.

Bare in mind we still own this little prick, and we pay half of his salary. If we don't manage to sell him by the end of this year, he'll have to return to Corinthians, like it or not.
One thing's for sure: he's managed to make enemies out of 30 million of brazilians."

Despite the dire striker depth we actually have added a lot of goal scorers. Last season Kane, Eriksen, and Chadli combined to score 73% of our Prem goals. Danny Rose was our fourth leading scorer with three goals.

Now we've added double digit goal scorers in Son, Pritchard and Alli with N'Jie not far behind. That should be a solid boost to our attack especially if we get a back up striker in.

With the way we've strengthened the back line our additions have been astute. It's just frustrating that our needs at Striker and CDM are SO obvious and the targets aren't exactly on the doorstep.

Pato seems to fancy himself as a winger nowadays. Not sure that's what we need. Still, can't deny his natural talent and the price isn't bad.

Despite the dire striker depth we actually have added a lot of goal scorers. Last season Kane, Eriksen, and Chadli combined to score 73% of our Prem goals. Danny Rose was our fourth leading scorer with three goals.

Now we've added double digit goal scorers in Son, Pritchard and Alli with N'Jie not far behind. That should be a solid boost to our attack especially if we get a back up striker in.

With the way we've strengthened the back line our additions have been astute. It's just frustrating that our needs at Striker and CDM are SO obvious and the targets aren't exactly on the doorstep.
EEeesss futbol.

people on an internet forum thinking their opinion has more value than ex players.

What does Merson and Lawrenson know about anything....

Im not sure if you remember this thread
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/lack-of-urgency.5426/page-5

People told me the word urgency didnt exist, and even quotes from SAF, Lampard, Redknapp etc etc saying that they lacked it in certain games meant nothing to people.

I literally was accused of making up the word. Funny browsing that thread from the beginning how the issues are still there some two years on. Crazy.

Last edited:
In these last 20 minutes I've decided Pato is the new Ronaldo.

Ronaldo+Luis+Nazario+de+Lima+Match+Against+maiB7bswrcel.jpg

LOL, exactly.

In one page Ive gone all Klinsmann on him

-------------------------God--------------------------
Son---------------------------------------------N'Jie
----------------Dembele-----Alli--------------------
-----------------------Bentaleb----------------------

Let's do the damn thing shall we Spurs?! Start our fucking season off.
Hang on... we have GOD and SON in our line-up... have we just signed Jesus??

Pato is gifted, but wed be better off with austin if the berahino dosh is too much. Can u imagine pato back to goal receiving a chipped pass on his chest from walker? Or will john terry be tapping that arse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom