Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was the same all last season, Chadli, Eriksen, Dembele, Townsend etc, the balance does not look right it's the worst part of our team.
Yes, I agree. With the first 3 it's all so slow, it's a bad mix. I'm not melting after one game, but we've seen it all before - we're not a good team to watch at the moment unfortunately.

It's not about having pace or not.

It's about us having a line-up propped up with players, who are standing around waiting for the ball to come to them. Kane and Eriksen were literally the only Spurs players to move in FRONT of the ball.

Agree.
Danny Rose's absence was missed in the attack today also.

Yes, I agree. With the first 3 it's all so slow, it's a bad mix. I'm not melting after one game, but we've seen it all before - we're not a good team too watch at the moment unfortunately.

Pre season game against AC Milan and when we had Onomah, Winks and Alli on we looked so fluid and zippy and linked really well. Not saying that's the answer but it showed how the balance could be.

Great to see mr holier than though lecture the board on true supporting....

How about you practice what you preach and don' cunt off a player with his first mistake of the season?

He had given the ball away before the time that led to the goal and several times after that!

I don't know what game you were watching!

It seems to me that his new contract has gone to his head and he thinks he's alot better than he actually is!

He needs to put in a lot of hard work and he was rightly subbed today.

Anyone moaning about Walker just fuck off. He was our best player today. Unlucky to score an og, he had to try and nick the ball away or Rooney had a tap in.

It's about us having a line-up propped up with players, who are standing around waiting for the ball to come to them. Kane and Eriksen were literally the only Spurs players to move in FRONT of the ball.
Its

It's all about pace in this league, especially away from home. Soak up the pressure and break quickly and we have nobody to do that. We isolate Kane so much it's so frustrating. Unfortunately with our current manager it won't change so best we get used to it

We were fine today. United created nothing. Our in midfield wasn't great but we shouldn't concede from Bentaleb giving the ball away from midfield. The two centre halfs were drawn to the same player and left Rooney free. But thats our defence and what you cant help expect from them since King and Woodgate departed.

The manager we have will give us boring football that ultimately will be successful but it will take at least 2 more transfer windows to get the team he wants. I don't enjoy watching us anymore , it's just so drab.

So frustrating today. We were not bad. I feel the way we are setup leads to mistakes though and the opposition know it and are just waiting to take advantage. It was sloppy from Bentaleb he should have seen it coming but he is young and anyway, as I say, I think the way we setup means that mistakes like this will occur most games. So unless we can be super clinical and put away our earlier chances we will continue to see this sort of thing.

It's really frustrating to see the lack of link up play between Kane and the Funboy 3. Seeing Kane drift out to the right wing, where he's always going to get space, is not the answer - it is how we finished off last season - I have no answers apart from better players behind him.

Yeah, this is my beef about Kane, I'd just like to see him link up more - you can't beat a nice one/two on the edge of the area. His strength is his finishing, once he develops his creativity he'll be a real force. Failing that we can go back to Townsend hogging the right wing, cutting back on to his left and lobbing hopeful crosses into the box - it worked for Soldado.

Why not just say that Dier started? By saying "Dier is on?" you gave the impression that you hadn't noticed him. Sorry, I'll ask next time.
don't ask, really....
and if you don't comment - then we are both happy
the guy I was talking to had no problem - but then again, he isn't on a mission to criticise everything I say.

Back
Top Bottom