Man United away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we looked solid at the back today and I wonder how much of that was down to the fact Rose was missing as much as toby wasn't
I thought so too, but I like Rose, he's a tiny luxury in a reasonably good team - miles better than Davies who is a huffer and puffer, but he gives us more going forward. My point about Rose is that gibbsy is not a fan. It all gets so personal, as if people are friends with the players.

I like Kane too, but if he misses 10 open goals, I'd say he had a bad game.

Comment clearly meant to mean Dier was having a bad game because he hadn't scored a hat trick.

Suddenly realises where Dier is playing, and goes full Scott Parker. Puzzling.
I was replying to someone who said Alli and Dier on in the 2nd half

and it was a query as Dier was playing

try not to second guess - if you don't understand - ask.
Failing that, try not to find faults that don't exist in everything I post

Joe Clash Joe Clash mind you mate melting ain,t all bad .
Polar%20Bear%20by%20Carla%20Lombardo%20Ehrlich

That game reminded me of the league cup final. We never really looked bad, and the goals against relied a lot on fortune and avoidable errors
but in both cases we didn't really look like we were going to rip them apart in the last 3rd, and it only got interesting at the end of this game through a lack of caution and an out an out aerial bombardment.
In both games we never really out-thought or outplayed either team.

all of the pre match angst was about how shagged out we would be - but they were the ones with players cramping up, whilst we were running them ragged up to the final whistle
about how Dier would be exposed if he played - he did play and was solid and uncomplicated - makelele made a reputation out of doing just that.

what the game did prove for me was that defensively we look better organised
In midfield we looked dull, functional and uninspiring
and up front Kane needs a strike partner. I see him more in the Sheringham role than Lineker but he can make up the numbers goal wise with someone to take the load off. He ain't a lone striker.

Chadli is an enigma. I love his goals, but despair of his contribution

I'm also beginning to think we need to be thinking seriously about replacing Eriksson, we all wanted him to be the new Modric, but he just isn't.

Eriksen isn't the same sort of player and never was. If the club thought him as a replacement, then they are a bunch of drooling amateurs.

Both teams shit today.

Vorm didn`t have much to do,
Walker so so, Alderweireld did alright, Vertonghen so so, Davies did alright,
Dier did alright, Bentaleb was poor,
Chadli was iffy, Dembele was iffy, Eriksen was poor
Kane so so.

Tough to blame Walker on that goal. That giveaway was so poor by Bentaleb. Had nobody around him and Walker did end up on the ball (unlucky with the OG)

Agreed on the need for pace. Spurs had a few occasions where united lost the ball and spurs had acres of space to counter attack. But so many slow guys like Dembele , Chadli , Lamela on the wing who play with cement in their boots. Frustrating day from an attack perspective.

It's not about having pace or not.

It's about us having a line-up propped up with players, who are standing around waiting for the ball to come to them. Kane and Eriksen were literally the only Spurs players to move in FRONT of the ball.

I was replying to someone who said Alli and Dier on in the 2nd half

and it was a query as Dier was playing

try not to second guess - if you don't understand - ask.
Failing that, try not to find faults that don't exist in everything I post
Why not just say that Dier started? By saying "Dier is on?" you gave the impression that you hadn't noticed him. Sorry, I'll ask next time.

We did well as a unit. Looked pretty solid we just lack real quality.

United had 1 shot on target in the entire game.
Defensively, we looked real good I thought. Alderweireld brought a real presence, was good in the air and equally as good with the ball at his feet, some of his long balls were unreal, just imagine those going to someone with a great touch and quick in the counter like a Berahino and we could cause problems.

Just watched that in a NORTH EAST LONDON PUB FULL OF MAN UTD FANS... that's the most depressing thing.
Glory hunting London mancs full of Premier League modern day glory hunting cunts that make me ashamed to be from London.
#allthatswrongwithmodernfootball
May i ask which pub ? as i`m a north-east londoner(tottenham boy), and know most of the boozers.

Both teams shit today.

Vorm didn`t have much to do,
Walker so so, Alderweireld did alright, Vertonghen so so, Davies did alright,
Dier did alright, Bentaleb was poor,
Chadli was iffy, Dembele was iffy, Eriksen was poor
Kane so so.
It's really frustrating to see the lack of link up play between Kane and the Funboy 3. Seeing Kane drift out to the right wing, where he's always going to get space, is not the answer - it is how we finished off last season - I have no answers apart from better players behind him.

That's the disappointing thing, Utd were there for the taking, and we didn't have the nous to really bother them. Thought we looked better at the back though.

Lacked pace in the attack, it's why people have been tearing their hair out on the transfer thread for proper cover. Really pissed off with how we handled that and today it would have made a huge difference, United were there for the taking but we lacked the killer speed into many situations.

Alderweirerld is a bloody great signing though. At least we have sorted out our defence.

It's really frustrating to see the lack of link up play between Kane and the Funboy 3. Seeing Kane drift out to the right wing, where he's always going to get space, is not the answer - it is how we finished off last season - I have no answers apart from better players behind him.

Was the same all last season, Chadli, Eriksen, Dembele, Townsend etc, the balance does not look right it's the worst part of our team.

Wouldn't mind Pritchard for a bit of guile when he is fit again and if we get Berahino a wide forward with proper pace.

Back
Top Bottom