Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
England or Japan wouldn't be a tough choice for me, but I doubt it's on the table for him, they don't seem to pay that well anymore.

Turkey or UAE vs anywhere in England though. I don't care how much they're paying, I still wouldn't go there.

Just expanding on this, at the moment he;

- lives in a fuckoff house in Hadley Wood
- trains at one of the best training facilities in the world
- is seemingly allowed to piss off on holiday whenever he likes
- gets paid very well

And we're expecting him to go to Turkey?.......Like next door to very Bomby Syria and perhaps soon to be in Putin's pocket Greece

nah, no thanks

I don't disagree with your comment on ambition for playing games.

But maybe he just doesn't want to leave London - if my options in my job were move to Turkey, Japan, UAE.......or sit out the last year of my contract and then probably get a free transfer to West Ham, Palace, Watford, etc - I know what I would do.

Yeah, but then that doesn't leave a lot of choice for him does it? Looks like next season he will be up front at the Olympic for Spam when he leaves on a free for them.
I can understand that London thing, but it's not going to endear him to too many more when he does that.
I wonder if he will be willing to take a pay cut when he does that?
Apparently they could not afford to pay the percentage of his wage we asked for the loan.
The only other option is Palace.
He will be 32 next year, so he ain't going to get a long contract with Spam or Palace and will have to leave London in a few years, unless he's taking a step down.

I don't hate him as a person. I want him to do well for us. I just wish he'd shit when he gets on the pot.
Hopefully he starts shitting bucket loads this season if he does.

Edit: to me Watford are not a London club. Maybe local, but not London.
It remains to be seen if they will be in the top flight next season too.
Still the same could be said for Spam/Palace so he may be right fucked!

Last edited:
More and more reports saying Llorente is coming to Spurs. Doesn't make sense to me... A 30 year old poacher with no PL experience... Here's a look of his 7 goals last season
Screen-Shot-2015-06-13-at-14.10.12.png

Remind you of another fellow Spaniard?
:soldadolol:

Its in fact 3 countries because we also have a german speaking community. But for a lot of the people the country is one and will stay that way, its more a political issue. Our NT is a great example of this, we have people from both main communities, people with different ethnic backgrounds and so on.

Dutch speaking part is Flanders btw :) That's where i am from but i will never ever label myself als flemish, i'm Belgian.

What language do the NT speak, like on the field and in press conferences?

I don't disagree with your comment on ambition for playing games.

But maybe he just doesn't want to leave London - if my options in my job were move to Turkey, Japan, UAE.......or sit out the last year of my contract and then probably get a free transfer to West Ham, Palace, Watford, etc - I know what I would do.
I would rather spend my days living in Juicy Sushi Juicy Sushi 's solid gold toilet than work for West fucking Ham.

More and more reports saying Llorente is coming to Spurs. Doesn't make sense to me... A 30 year old poacher with no PL experience... Here's a look of his 7 goals last season
Screen-Shot-2015-06-13-at-14.10.12.png

Remind you of another fellow Spaniard?
:soldadolol:
From how many shots, and in how many minutes played? Don't look at a raw total, doing that leads to idiotic decisions like loaning Falcao from Monaco.

From how many shots, and in how many minutes played? Don't look at a raw total, doing that leads to idiotic decisions like loaning Falcao from Monaco.

His point, as I understood it, was more that it's too similar to the kind of goals Soldado scored plenty of BEFORE joining us. At least just in terms of where they were scored from. Judge for yourself if that's still a "raw total", but from what I've seen of Llorente and Soldado pre-Spurs, they're similar except the goal via foot to head ratio.

His point, as I understood it, was more that it's too similar to the kind of goals Soldado scored plenty of BEFORE joining us. At least just in terms of where they were scored from. Judge for yourself if that's still a "raw total", but from what I've seen of Llorente and Soldado pre-Spurs, they're similar except the goal via foot to head ratio.
Except llorente is a 6 Foot something Adonis

I can understand Saints fans not being happy with us since pinched Hoddle but the board has changed three times since then - doubt they have a sausage we even took him.

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom