Pochettino has brought the passion back

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many league starts did Sherwood give Kane? Because I seem to remember AVB bringing Kane off the bench in games too.

I dont think Sherwood saw the ability Kane has shown this season, no one did. I just feel he disliked Soldado and wanted to play youth. It couldve easily been Lee Barnard and he'd have played him ahead of Soldado.

Yes with harry we were a joy to watch and it was pretty successfull aswell, but would you rather finish 7th with attacking football or challenge the top 4 with negative defensive football serious question.

It's a good question. It's up there with would you rather win a trophy or qualify for the Champions League.

It's an opinion thing. Attacking football is great but balanced exciting football should be what we strive to achieve every week.

Some will want success so people want top four at any costs. Look at a Chelsea, mind numbingly boring, yet they achieve.

Yes with harry we were a joy to watch and it was pretty successfull aswell, but would you rather finish 7th with attacking football or challenge the top 4 with negative defensive football serious question.

I'd rather do a Redknapp and do both well. Depends on the degree of negativity, if we end up like Wimbledon or Chelsea against top 8 teams for that matter and park two buses every single game scrapping 1-nil wins probably not.

For total negativity I would at least want a bloody title as it would feel like we are giving up part of our soul and for only top 4 that's just to much IMO, first place maybe yeh. Other people will think different but I do love the fact we try to play the right way and avoid the cynical negative stuff you see from the likes of Mourinho who clearly love winning more than they love football.

I would at least like us to try and progress by being positive if that's possible in the modern game.

You continually compare us with Woolwich, and how good they are.., so the same could be said as what you said to Tomo Tomo ... why dont you go and support them.

Or Chelsea, if he's happy to have 1-0 wins all the time.

spurfect fair point about Liverpool improving in their first season, but it seemed like you wanted Poch sacked earlier. Do you? I just really don't want yet another transitional season. I think we need to give him another year and then see what happens.

Arry is history, an unemployed manager. Why don't you get with the program and back the current manager if you are a true supporter!

Arry is history, an unemployed manager. Why don't you get with the program and back the current manager if you are a true supporter!

Just wondering why are we allowed to pull current players apart but not the manager (unless he's english)?

Just wondering why are we allowed to pull current players apart but not the manager (unless he's english)?
He has been at the club 5 minutes and you would like to pull him apart. Pulled yourself away from your UKIP meeting to type that one did you?

Why because i care for the club or maybe i should be like you and just accept mediocraty, you cant stand me because i speak the truth and you dont like it.
giphy.gif

You see this is what i cant understand so youre basicaly saying you want greatattacking football that brings results why dont you gp support barca so, i would care less if we were winning 1-0 every week its a results business if we are successfull who gives a flying fuck what brand of football we play, look at athletico madrid very rigid' solid back four works hard and are successfull, they do this because they cant match the attacking play of barca or madrid, the same as we cant match chelsea united or the scum.
I'm sorry mate, but I don't think you understand the traditions of Tottenham

7th with good attacking football, but that's purely for selfish reasons

If we ended up 7th with good attacking football that would make me more optimistic for the future, as playing for club's ethos would do.

Getting 4th isn't the holy grail, i've seen some terrible Champions League games this season. Just being in it isn't worth it. Playing kick-ass attacking football while trying to reach it would be much better.

No ambition. so lets win some games 4-3 and lose 3-2 sure its the taking part that counts anyway SMH

We all want to be a top side playing attacking football. Winning with flair right?

Well, in your scenario we will still not win anything (4th and 7th don't win you trophies) and on top of that we would be the most boring team in the country - just to get into the Champions League, the holy grail of modern football.

Back
Top Bottom