Pochettino has brought the passion back

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"It was a very long season. When you do a whole season playing Thurs-Sunday and you are a young squad and you make the biggest effort during the season, maybe you arrive at the end at very difficult level.

“Not physically, but mentally, in a very difficult moment at the end of the season."

But it was you who picked the same team over and over and over and over and over again, and took the entire squad to Italy. It was you who didnt rest them Poch. It was you who left a third of the squad out of the set up.

Has it suddenly come as a big surprise that we had to play a whole season.
A couple of months ago he said:
'It is not fair but then we have to understand this is the competition. We are in the Europa League, the Capital One final and the Premier League.
'Maybe if Jose were in my position now they would be complaining about the situation!

But wait. Dont tell me. He is playing the positive press game and if you read his interviews you are naive.

I used to suspect there might be 'fans' on this forum who genuinely take pleasure in winning internet fights in light of us doing shit so they can descend on here afterwards and attempt to attach meaning to their worthless existence by continuously screaming 'I told you so'. Well, I am now 100% certain these oxygen-thieving cunts do exist and can only hope they're nothing more than goon trolls.

Funny coming from someone who did the same under Harry and Tim

Difference is that then it was all about saggy faces and gillets.

At least now its about football.

Last edited:
Fuck off you fickle little cunt, tell me how we're going backwards under Pochettino
Your use of "under Pochettino" is probably a bit disingenuous. I think he's saying we've gone backwards as a whole - and I think that's hard to dispute. We were a top four side under Harry and then in AVB's first season we only missed out by one point, while still getting a record points tally. Since Harry's last season our finishes have been 4th, then 5th then 6th. At the rate things are going this season, and as they stand today, 7th position looks our most likely finish. Plus, had we not had Kane single handedly "Bale-ing" us out in so many games it could be a lot worse as we have gone from having a good competitive squad to a decidedly average one.

Whichever way you look at it, we have regressed. That's just fact. The real question is whether or not 6th place or thereabouts is our general level, and I'd probably say that it is. It's also not a given that Poch won't have a better season next year. But, nonetheless, we aren't as good as we have been in recent times, so I think you're being a bit hard on the bloke.

Your use of "under Pochettino" is probably a bit disingenuous. I think he's saying we've gone backwards as a whole - and I think that's hard to dispute. We were a top four side under Harry and then in AVB's first season we only missed out by one point, while still getting a record points tally. Since Harry's last season our finishes have been 4th, then 5th then 6th. At the rate things are going this season, and as they stand today, 7th position looks our most likely finish. Plus, had we not had Kane single handedly "Bale-ing" us out in so many games it could be a lot worse as we have gone from having a good competitive squad to a decidedly average one.

Whichever way you look at it, we have regressed. That's just fact. The real question is whether or not 6th place or thereabouts is our general level, and I'd probably say that it is. It's also not a given that Poch won't have a better season next year. But, nonetheless, we aren't as good as we have been in recent times, so I think you're being a bit hard on the bloke.
I agree that we have regressed as a club since Redknapp, but the reaction from the fans after the last two games is ridiculous. You're probably right that I'm going over the top, but it really frustrates me how some fans are calling for him to be sacked already.

I agree that we have regressed as a club since Redknapp, but the reaction from the fans after the last two games is ridiculous. You're probably right that I'm going over the top, but it really frustrates me how some fans are calling for him to be sacked already.
Calling for his sacking is stupid, but as a Spurs fan and a football fan you know it happens after a defeat. There will always be a melt quota out there. Then there are those who are a little more insidious and pretend they aren't calling for the sack, but make the case anyway. But that doesn't mean that those who just actually concentrate on where we are should be bundled in with them.

The way I see it, much as with AVB and Sherweseal, there are definitely questions to be asked over Poch and also the continued attitude of the players. But I think Poch needs at least a second season. All in all I don't think 7th position is a disaster for a first season manager, and I think it is a testament to how good we've had it in recent years (relatively speaking) that some are now looking at 7th place as the end of days.

My point exactly i got called every name under the sun last night for saying that we have not improved under poch, im not fickle just stating the obvious some people just think he is gods gift to our club.

Has anyone said that he is gods gift???
This is his first year so can he really be fully judged as yet?

Last season we were getting tonked 6-0, 5-0' 5-1 threes times to West Ham... This season we haven't had to endure those ridiculous scorelines so that has to be some sort of progress.
It does seem that no matter who was manager at our club, they will get Slated after any bad spell, we are already a laughing stock because we change managers at the drop of a hat..
If anyone is calling for Poch's head already then they need help.
We have been poor of late but does jumping all over the manager constantly help?
I'm willing to give him more time and see what he can do during the summer..let him create his own team.

I never called for him too be sacked i just said i dont think he will cut it, but id still give him time because changing managers like changing youre under pants is not the answer, i still think some fans are way too soft on poch we have not improved in league position and we could easily finish 7th behind saints
Exactly we are going backwards if you ask me couldn break down burnley or villa ffs, Poch needs to go simple as id take pardew or Pulis anyday
Fair play if you mean't something else with your words

7th place is not the end of the world but why settle for that a few years ago we were 7 points ahead of the scum and on the verge of over taking them, now we are sitting 10 points behind them in while they are in 2nd, as much as i hate them they are the ones to progress.
Well, I'm not so sure it's true that we were on the verge of taking over. Once you took players like VDV, Bale and Modric out then the squad looked a bit weaker. In order to take over we either a word class coach or better investment in the squad than we have seen.

Frankly I don't think we're in a position to compete with the very top teams and I don't think we will be until the new stadium is done.

I never called for him too be sacked i just said i dont think he will cut it, but id still give him time because changing managers like changing youre under pants is not the answer, i still think some fans are way too soft on poch we have not improved in league position and we could easily finish 7th behind saints
Remember that you can turn your underpants inside out for another few days wear.

I'm not sure what that adds, but I thought I'd say it anyway. :adestare:

What I can't understand is why those who are unhappy/want Poch gone are in such a rush when it comes to football?

Why can't we let him have two-three seasons to see what happens? Why does he need to be winning everything straight away? I don't mean to tempt fate but as a 26 year old, I expect to see many, many more seasons of Tottenham Hotspur and I can't see why we should be so obsessed results. It does seem to me the team have tailed off since the cup final, those reasons could be many but as I don't work at the club/interact with the squad, I can only guess.

However I really do want to see what Pochettino can do with this team, there was a period where we looked pretty fucking impressive and if he can get us to play like for a more consistent period, rather than half a season, then we're in for a good shot at winning something.

a manager might stick around for longer than a season and a half-- that's something
We had by our standards a long serving manager who had us overachieving it now seems yet people applauded his removal.

Having a long serving manager is only a good thing if they are also a good manager, you dont just keep someone in a job for the sake of it.

However I really do want to see what Pochettino can do with this team, there was a period where we looked pretty fucking impressive

When was that then? Or do you mean the odd game? ?I cant remember a string of games where we looked pretty fucking impressive.

Back
Top Bottom