Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much can we realistically make from transfers out though? Will someone be interested in the likes of Soldado, Townsend, Fazio and the others we need moved on.

And surely, we need the midfield sorted out once and for all, because if we go out with a similar midfield next season, I'll cry.

How much can we realistically make from transfers out though? Will someone be interested in the likes of Soldado, Townsend, Fazio and the others we need moved on.

And surely, we need the midfield sorted out once and for all, because if we go out with a similar midfield next season, I'll cry.
I think 30-40 million is realistic, in terms of money from sales.

We need work on the midfield, wings and back-up strikers. This would not be the work of a moment, and fans should be more patient.

With players like Pritchard and Dele Alli likely to come into the first team squad next season, in some capacity (likely to be Pritchard ahead of Deli Alli) I wonder if MP is considering the idea of just adding three proven but exciting signings as opposed to five or six good players.

Furthermore, and the season is far from over so this is all dependent on where we finish, it would be interesting to know what MP's targets are next season. Do we continue to develop but accept another top 6/7? Was this MP's season for integration and next season expectations are raised?

I am concerned that we are going to be trapped as a top 5-7 placed club, and by concerned I mean the repetition of the past couple of seasons will inevitably see us push too far from 8th downward but never seriously maintaining that challenge for the top 4 and beyond.

Recent comments from the club seem to have reverted, although no bad thing, to our transfer policy of a few years back.

Howedes, Camacho, Volland, Pastore/Brahimi would fill my fancy of quality spending.
If that's not enough bring in Schar/Ayew and definitely Ings on a free.
Fuck off all the dead wood, we would end up only spending £15mil, it's just does Levy pull his finger out of his tight ass and take the risk of champions league football again

Höwedes would be an excellent signing for Spurs. He is a very highly rated player of course and has bags of experience. Think we'll get competition from some of the other top sides though.

United will go after Hummels. Chelsea and City will go after the Varane level of signings. Woolwich just signed that Paulista fella. It leaves us and Liverpool if he wants to go to England.

Get in there Levy!

With players like Pritchard and Dele Alli likely to come into the first team squad next season, in some capacity (likely to be Pritchard ahead of Deli Alli) I wonder if MP is considering the idea of just adding three proven but exciting signings as opposed to five or six good players.

Furthermore, and the season is far from over so this is all dependent on where we finish, it would be interesting to know what MP's targets are next season. Do we continue to develop but accept another top 6/7? Was this MP's season for integration and next season expectations are raised?

I am concerned that we are going to be trapped as a top 5-7 placed club, and by concerned I mean the repetition of the past couple of seasons will inevitably see us push too far from 8th downward but never seriously maintaining that challenge for the top 4 and beyond.

Recent comments from the club seem to have reverted, although no bad thing, to our transfer policy of a few years back.

I would hope that's the plan. We need some stable veterans in the midfield. It would be unfair to Pritchard and Alli to take on a big first team part. If by the end of next season they've earned it, then great! But as we've seen with Mason and Bentaleb, young players will go through their ups and downs. A nice experienced staple CM would benefit us in many ways.

Until we have the resources to consistently fund a top-4 level squad's wages, it's unlikely we will consistently break through that glass ceiling. Although if everything gels we could get there ahead of schedule. I think though that we should look at top-4 being the goal in 2 years time, with a focus on cups instead next year as our moments of opportunity.

Höwedes would be an excellent signing for Spurs. He is a very highly rated player of course and has bags of experience. Think we'll get competition from some of the other top sides though.

United will go after Hummels. Chelsea and City will go after the Varane level of signings. Woolwich just signed that Paulista fella. It leaves us and Liverpool if he wants to go to England.

Get in there Levy!
Was watching Dortmund play Bayern last week and Hummels was all over the place. Getting caught out of position, not closing down and not organising the back 4. I think it was Hargreaves who was criticising him too.
We need a mouthpiece in our back 4. Someone who can pull that line together.
Our defence has been woeful because it's not organised. The full backs are behind the last CB and nobody knows what man they should be in line with and if they do they don't do it.
Watching Palace defend against City it was fucking organised. Why cannot supposedly better defenders defend like that. Their organisation makes up a lot for lack of ability. Surely combine our supposed ability with organisation & it will be awesome?
I don't want to see us sit back and defend in banks of 4 like Palace; however, surely Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Dier, Vlad and Fazio ..all internationals.. can organise as well as Ward, Delaney, Dann & Kelly.

p.s I said to my cousin when Poch took over that I wasn't really impressed with his defensive side at Southampton ( which was on par with us last year) especially as he was a CB.
He said, 'yeah but at Spurs you have better quality defenders'
Maybe it something that needs addressing and a new defensive coach should be brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom