Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And if it was about healing crystals we'd say he'd turned into Hoddle.

But Adebayor clearly is facing some family issues, and regardless of the words being used to describe that family situation, it's not stable, and that is probably affecting him. He has had several significantly more troubling experiences in his life than the average footballer, and that stuff will likely leave baggage to weigh on the mind.

As a human being, I hope he is able to address the issues he faces and find a happy, and meaningful life, inside or outside of football.

As a Spurs fan, this isn't good for the team, but his performance hasn't been either. If we can find a solution that helps on both those fronts, great. That said, if we lose a few quid but find a solution that works for all parties, I'm fine with that.
I agree, and I hope that he is able to resolve them quickly. In all fairness, we haven't heard anything really directly from him, only speculation, and he's been bogged down in the problems being caused by others. It's really a mess and selfishly as a club, we just don't need it right now.

In light of our struggles, having Ade removed (if he wasn't already) from the mix may only help.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
200_s.gif

Soldado loses an embryo we all walk on eggshells, adebayor loses a family member we all cunt him off...

It's a funny ol'game

When its Ade, he gets cunted because he wants a holiday.
When it turns out to be a dying family member, its fake.
When he survives a terrorist massacre, he should get over it. It was four years ago, and he's rich.

People genuinely disgust me these days.

Soldado loses an embryo we all walk on eggshells, adebayor loses a family member we all cunt him off...

It's a funny ol'game

Melodratic much? Two people have criticised since that tweet was posted (not 'all'), far less than those who were less than sensitive about the Soldado scenario.

I remember when Defoe lost a brother, dad and cousin all died in the space of what, two years?

And people still cunted him for his form dropping.

Same with Palacios.

But see poor little Modric and Bale...awwwwwwww...all they wanted is to pway in the ickle champions leeeeeg for a biggy big club....didddums.

Lets give em pass and cut em some slack...Jesus Christ on a bike.

When its Ade, he gets cunted because he wants a holiday.
When it turns out to be a dying family member, its fake.
When he survives a terrorist massacre, he should get over it. It was four years ago, and he's rich.

People genuinely disgust me these days.

I think you're misusing the word 'massacre' here

Oh sorry, should have said attempted..only 3 dead and ten shot in total.

Should be much less traumatic, even though his friend died in his arms. I mean, it wasnt a real massacre, and it was four years ago now...so, hey ho, whatever.

A massacre is an intentional act of killing many people.

It was a 'terrorist attack' for sure, but not a massacre.

You keep saying stuff like 'mates heads blown off while hiding behind the seat of a bus' and 'seeing his friends shot dead in front of his eyes' which suggests you're using an event to make up stories to fit your argument.

Either you're saying he was best friends with the bus driver, who he was inexplicably carrying in his arms at the same time as driving, or he held a TV Pundit or the Assistant Manager in his arms for a whole day, as the bus driver was the only fatality on the day of the attack (with the other 2 dying in hospital the following day).

Either way, you're still incorrect for suggesting he was having time off because of the attack in 2010, so you can't throw it back directed towards me in a different context.

A massacre is an intentional act of killing many people.

It was a 'terrorist attack' for sure, but not a massacre.

You keep saying stuff like 'mates heads blown off while hiding behind the seat of a bus' and 'seeing his friends shot dead in front of his eyes' which suggests you're using an event to make up stories to fit your argument.

Either you're saying he was best friends with the bus driver, who he was inexplicably carrying in his arms at the same time as driving, or he held a TV Pundit or the Assistant Manager in his arms for a whole day, as the bus driver was the only fatality on the day of the attack (with the other 2 dying in hospital the following day).

Either way, you're still incorrect for suggesting he was having time off because of the attack in 2010, so you can't throw it back directed towards me in a different context.

According to rebel leader Mingas, the attack was carried out by his Commander Sametonne who claimed 15 FLEC fighters participated in the ambush.[8] The siege lasted for at least 30 minutes.[9] The bus driver, Mário Adjoua, was killed,[10] cutting off all possible means of escape.[9] The passengers hid beneath the seats. A security team of around 10 men in two cars travelling with the team returned the attackers' fire.[11]

FC Vaslui defender Serge Akakpo was badly wounded by bullets and lost blood,[12] as was goalkeeper Kodjovi Obilalé.[11]Alongside both players, Vice-President Gabriel Ameyi of the Fédération Togolaise de Football and seven members including a journalist and two team doctors were wounded.[13] Emmanuel Adebayor said the attack was, "one of the worst things I've ever been through in my life."[9] He had to carry his screaming teammates into the hospital as he was one of those least affected.Thomas Dossevi said, "It was a real hell. Twenty minutes of shots, of blood and fear," and Richmond Forson said, "The bus carrying the luggage was riddled.[14] Maybe they thought we were there. Then they opened fire, even against our coaches. It was terrible."[9] Dossevi said the team was "machine-gunned, like dogs."[9][15]

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jan/13/emmanuel-adebayor-ill-terror-togo

Yeah, Im making it sound so much worse arent I.

I said earlier that Im a human, and football doesnt always come first. Id sympathise if it was Sol Campbell or Jack Wilshere too. There are certain things that outweigh any sport, and what he went through is one of them.

Belittle it all you want and view Adebayor however you want. I couldnt give a fuck anymore talking to you about it. Your attitude on it makes me feel uneasy to tell the truth.

According to rebel leader Mingas, the attack was carried out by his Commander Sametonne who claimed 15 FLEC fighters participated in the ambush.[8] The siege lasted for at least 30 minutes.[9] The bus driver, Mário Adjoua, was killed,[10] cutting off all possible means of escape.[9] The passengers hid beneath the seats. A security team of around 10 men in two cars travelling with the team returned the attackers' fire.[11]

FC Vaslui defender Serge Akakpo was badly wounded by bullets and lost blood,[12] as was goalkeeper Kodjovi Obilalé.[11]Alongside both players, Vice-President Gabriel Ameyi of the Fédération Togolaise de Football and seven members including a journalist and two team doctors were wounded.[13] Emmanuel Adebayor said the attack was, "one of the worst things I've ever been through in my life."[9] He had to carry his screaming teammates into the hospital as he was one of those least affected.Thomas Dossevi said, "It was a real hell. Twenty minutes of shots, of blood and fear," and Richmond Forson said, "The bus carrying the luggage was riddled.[14] Maybe they thought we were there. Then they opened fire, even against our coaches. It was terrible."[9] Dossevi said the team was "machine-gunned, like dogs."[9][15]

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jan/13/emmanuel-adebayor-ill-terror-togo

Yeah, Im making it sound so much worse arent I.

I said earlier that Im a human, and football doesnt always come first. Id sympathise if it was Sol Campbell or Jack Wilshere too. There are certain things that outweigh any sport, and what he went through is one of them.

Belittle it all you want and view Adebayor however you want. I couldnt give a fuck anymore talking to you about it. Your attitude on it makes me feel uneasy to tell the truth.

I didn't 'belittle' anything - it wasn't a massacre, it was an attack.

Plus, you've swerved the part about how no ones head got blown off behind a bus seat or how someone didn't die in his arms.

It's not me using a terrible event to try and win a debate or criticise people on the internet, Sammy.

I didn't 'belittle' anything - it wasn't a massacre, it was an attack.

Plus, you've swerved the part about how no ones head got blown off behind a bus seat or how someone didn't die in his arms.

It's not me using a terrible event to try and win a debate or criticise people on the internet, Sammy.

Errr...its all there in the post you just quoted

Friend died in my arms during bus ambush, says Emmanuel Adebayor

I really hope he never puts on the shirt again and if he is/was traumatised by past events then surely Man City and Spurs would have offered professional support.

My frustration with him was he was a 'mood ' player and we simply can not accommodate a player that may play when he is in the mood, he is a highly paid senior player and with that comes the responsbility of leadership on and off the pitch. His goal away at the chavs last season proved he can do it but on the flip side was the utter disrepect he showed for the club by failing to get back from the last Africa cup of nations.

So hopefully its goodbye in January, but off the pitch i hope he sorts his issues

Back
Top Bottom