Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely, Levy has seen how shit the players we've spent over £100m on have been doing and realised he needs to sort the scouting out. He can't have made an approach just because Comolli tried to get himself publicity.
One question remains however - would those same players be shit in another team / tactical setup?

It's a completely unbalanced squad. Not enough leaders or loud, vocal, hardened players in the 26. Not to mention who signed who.

AVB: 3 (Vertonghen, Dembele, Lloris)
Baldini/AVB: 7 (Eriksen, Lamela, Paulinho, Soldado, Chiriches, Soldado, Chadli)
Baldini/Poch: 5 (Vorm, Fazio, Dier, Davies, Stambouli)
Harry: 5 (Ade, Walker, Naughton, Friedel, Kaboul)
Jol: 1 (Lennon)
Youth: 5 (Mason, Townsend, Bentaleb, Kane, Rose)

Six different types of visions being forced upon the newest is to blame for us having a sub-standard squad. We've got to weed out more of the crap and have the Baldini/Poch assembled portion of the squad to be a larger portion of what our manager has to work with.

One question remains however - would those same players be shit in another team / tactical setup?

course they'll be better if they left us, remember Chirches last season prior to his injury, he was our best defender, quick, clever, good in the tackle now he's gone to shit and rumour has it pissed as a fart, if he fucks of to Woolwich or some other scummy team he'll go back to being top man. We ruin players.

Townsend is also Championship standard :townhmm:

Wouldn't go that far, his brain is, technically a good level prem player if he could simply improve his decision making. For me playing him on the left where he can run and cross is far better than sticking him on the right were he cuts in and does a shit shot or fannies around trying to cross on his weaker foot. For me he either plays as a left winger or not at all.

Wouldn't go that far, his brain is, technically a good level prem player if he could simply improve his decision making. For me playing him on the left where he can run and cross is far better than sticking him on the right were he cuts in and does a shit shot or fannies around trying to cross on his weaker foot. For me he either plays as a left winger or not at all.
Plus unlike Lennon he has a decent opposite foot so can still cut inside and shoot on his right!

AVB is no more the answer than Poch...
two young managers who need to be given time... HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA... not with Levy at the helm they won't!

Daniel needs to look at what he really wants from his manager... he thinks he wants the 'next bright young thing' on which to build a 20+ year legacy... yet he barely gives any of them 18months at a time to prove it.
What he wants, (and what I think our club has always secretly wanted IMHO) is to strike lucky with another Wenger... an experienced, yet hitherto unheard of foreign coach, who can hit the ground running...
I think this was the reason Spurs went for Gross (albeit nothing to do with Levy back then, granted) but in a GROSS (sic) mis-reading of the situation, we merely tried to copy, and failed miserably.
Levy has repeated the trick by 'trying to get a Mourinho' by going for AVB... now that's failed, he's trying desperately to cling to the 'model' yet seems ill-equipped to do the right research and planning to make that model work.
He's taken one look at Southampton, thought; "I'll have what they're having" and nicked their manager, whilst not actually being able to bring with him any of the players who helped Poch turn in such a decent season.
Plus I don't think Levy has quite worked out that what maketh a good season for a club like Southampton, would cause total meltdown at a 'Club like ours'!
Poch has the capability to turn a decent enough mid-table side into one who raises a few eyebrows and punches above their weight for a season...
However Ronald Koeman is showing now what it takes to keep them there, with a raft of your own players brought in to replace the ones who jumped ship as soon as the manager was out of the door!
Not saying we got the wrong Southampton manager, but I think Levy could've seen this coming!

No matter how many things I disagree with Poch about regarding last games, I have now convinced myself:

Stick with him, almost no matter what, because sacking him will get us absolutely fucking nowhere.

After the AVB / Sherwood debacles, I'd rather flog every single one of our players rather than our less-than impressive (so far) manager.

How's that as for apathy re. modern day Spurs?

No matter how many times I re-read the first two posts of this thread, I still can't help chuckling.

Fair point, but it's early days.

Unfortunately, Capoue has been a little disappointing. Can't help but feel we've missed out on not having Holtby - he has that one thing we're missing.

I just want the team and manager to do well.
Would be happy for more guts and effort on the pitch.
Even to see some of our players coming off with cramp because of the effort, but I guess that would just lead to some questioning the fitness.

Right now have very low expectations, even my mates have stopped taking the piss about as I just don't rise to it anymore. Very deflated.
We lost and didn't try is how it feels
We lost and gave it our all would be nice

I just want the team and manager to do well.
Would be happy for more guts and effort on the pitch.
Even to see some of our players coming off with cramp because of the effort, but I guess that would just lead to some questioning the fitness.

Right now have very low expectations, even my mates have stopped taking the piss about as I just don't rise to it anymore. Very deflated.
We lost and didn't try is how it feels
We lost and gave it our all would be nice

Definitely.

I don't think it's a manager thing at all though - it's been the same for a while and it will take Poch some time to 'fix' the mentality. It'll be even funnier when we start kicking ass as the 'haters' will look stupid.

Either AVB or Sherwood have most probably screwed up the team's mentality for the long term.

Back
Top Bottom