Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it me or does it seems like we don't have a high press anymore? I feel like in the beginning of the season we were much better at getting the ball back higher up the pitch. Now it feels like we sit deeper and contain.
See my post. But against Stoke, Kane, Eriksen and Townsend were pressing really well in the first half. It directly caused the yellow for Stoke's keeper. Our problem is that the central midfield isn't doing their part of the press right now. And the back line is perpetually unable to communicate with each other, causing a lot of easy errors we're fetting punished for.

Essentially, parts of the team either can't or won't do their roles, and its dragging the rest of the team down.

I have seen proper pressing efforts from only 4 players this season. Ben Davies, Soldado, Lamela & Kane. Token efforts from Eriksen and Townsend are good if the rest of the team is doing it with them but the defenders they are pressed by these 2 know they have an easy option to get to and know that it's no more than percieved pressure. They know Eriksen won't clatter into them and win the ball if they take too long, he isn't capable of it and that's fine if the others pick up the slack.

I have seen proper pressing efforts from only 4 players this season. Ben Davies, Soldado, Lamela & Kane. Token efforts from Eriksen and Townsend are good if the rest of the team is doing it with them but the defenders they are pressed by these 2 know they have an easy option to get to and know that it's no more than percieved pressure. They know Eriksen won't clatter into them and win the ball if they take too long, he isn't capable of it and that's fine if the others pick up the slack.
Dunno. He did exactly that for the goal away at Woolwich. He's cutting out passing lanes and forcing bad choices. You're not supposed to actually tackle someone, it wastes time.

Dunno. He did exactly that for the goal away at Woolwich. He's cutting out passing lanes and forcing bad choices. You're not supposed to actually tackle someone, it wastes time.
Flamini's terribble control made it more Eriksen's ball than his own. Hardly due to being tackled by Eriksen. Agreed he doesn't have to go in for the actual tackle but his soft efforts in 50/50's mean he is barely seen as anything more than token. Most of the fault though is because the CM's and FB's behind him are 4-5m off the next passer. Eriksen isn't the main part of the problem with our lack of pressing, the fact that 5 or 6 others aren't close at all or putting any pressure on is the problem that is making him look worse

See my post. But against Stoke, Kane, Eriksen and Townsend were pressing really well in the first half. It directly caused the yellow for Stoke's keeper. Our problem is that the central midfield isn't doing their part of the press right now. And the back line is perpetually unable to communicate with each other, causing a lot of easy errors we're fetting punished for.

Essentially, parts of the team either can't or won't do their roles, and its dragging the rest of the team down.

Must make it very frustrating for Poch and the players pressing. I guess we can contribute this to the stubborn players falling back into their old (bad) habits.

Must make it very frustrating for Poch and the players pressing. I guess we can contribute this to the stubborn players falling back into their old (bad) habits.
I think it must be a very tricky dressing room at the moment.

Poche wants to go in one direction, but some people are resisting, and until those people come around or leave, he has to tread very carefully and adopt half-measures to get results.

So where do you guys think we are in the Levy fire the manager cycle?
:pochlol::pochsmirk::pochserious2::pochserious::pochohshit::pochsulk::pochwtf::pochfacepalm::pochbye:
I think we are about
:pochserious2:
But who knows what Levy is thinking?

:levywtf:

From what I can see, the way player power presently - be it active (complaining) or passive (just not giving a fuck) - prevents just about any manager from doing any kind of job.

AVB: His last game an obvious amount of players barely made an effort in a number of situations

Sherwood: Sandro went all public on him, personally I think Sandro was right about Sherwood and I liked Sandro, but the club was probably right about flogging him. Also numerous players were said to be unhappy, which I believe due to 1) TS having no experience and 2) being a full flowered arsehol

Poch: Number of players now blatantly not following instructions during games.

Personally I am almost at the point, where I'd just like to see those culprits, whoever they are, just sold for maximum fees and let the manager start all over.

Personally I am almost at the point, where I'd just like to see those culprits, whoever they are, just sold for maximum fees and let the manager start all over.
I'd be willing to see them sold for any fee!! Massive reason we are in this mess is players thinking they are better than they are. AVB was shown a lack of respect, so to Sherwood even though he probably didn't deserve it he was still there boss! And now again with Poch. CLEAR OUT NEEDED

I'd be willing to see them sold for any fee!! Massive reason we are in this mess is players thinking they are better than they are. AVB was shown a lack of respect, so to Sherwood even though he probably didn't deserve it he was still there boss! And now again with Poch. CLEAR OUT NEEDED

Anyone who is boss needs the respect from the players Sherwood included, we don't know what the dressing room is like but I just imagine it's toxic. Hope Poch is given Carte Blanche to boot the trouble makers and players who are not pulling their weight.

Anyone who is boss needs the respect from the players Sherwood included, we don't know what the dressing room is like but I just imagine it's toxic. Hope Poch is given Carte Blanche to boot the trouble makers and players who are not pulling their weight.

I know who my favourite present Spurs players are, and personally I am so fed up, that I don't care if any of them goes.

Does this level of unprofessionalism go on anywhere but football? Shocking.

I know who my favourite present Spurs players are, and personally I am so fed up, that I don't care if any of them goes.

Does this level of unprofessionalism go on anywhere but football? Shocking.

Would keep Kane, Mason, Walker, feel almost sorry keeping Lloris here, many of the rest fucking hell, I am mean how much can we get for Paulinho and the like.

Would keep Kane, Mason, Walker, feel almost sorry keeping Lloris here, many of the rest fucking hell, I am mean how much can we get for Paulinho and the like.
Personally I don't think it is about English vs. the rest.

E.g. Mason is highly rated, but in truth he doesn't do anything at all but show some heart in a team struggling to stay in mid-table.

2 years ago we wouldn't even consider someone like him near the team.

Something is seriously wrong, in training too, for the likes of Davies, Vertonghen, Paulinho and others to get no games at all.

I'd be happy to sell whoever makes the trouble, but I wouldn't put it behind some of our home players either to play a part.

So what we need is accidental relegation panic and the man we bring in will be the chosen one.

NEVER BEEN RELEGATED.

50388.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino is planning an overhaul of the Tottenham Hotspur squad as he seeks to arrest what has been a dismal start to his time at the club, sources told ESPN FC.

Spurs have managed just 14 points from their opening 12 games, as well as four defeats out of six at White Hart Lane, which has left them lying in 12th place in the table. The club's poor form has already brought pressure on Pochettino, but that has been diluted by widespread disgruntlement with chairman Daniel Levy, the source said.

Many squad members have also questioned the manager's exhausting training methods, and some are unsure what is being asked of them, while Pochettino himself says the players must "suffer" before they can improve.

Mauricio Pochettino is planning an overhaul of the Tottenham Hotspur squad as he seeks to arrest what has been a dismal start to his time at the club, sources told ESPN FC.

Spurs have managed just 14 points from their opening 12 games, as well as four defeats out of six at White Hart Lane, which has left them lying in 12th place in the table. The club's poor form has already brought pressure on Pochettino, but that has been diluted by widespread disgruntlement with chairman Daniel Levy, the source said.

Many squad members have also questioned the manager's exhausting training methods, and some are unsure what is being asked of them, while Pochettino himself says the players must "suffer" before they can improve.
Sounds like some don't get it, and don't want to. Perhaps the same who are creating issues on pitch?

I think that an internal sorting out is going on, and we'll see a big change in line-ups after the international breaks, and a big exodus in January.

They can hate Levy all they want, but at some point it's on them to perform. And some in the team are saying the same publicly.

The only thing is you can't freeze out half the squad in mid-November. We still have to play the idiots until we can get rid of them. It's going to be a very cold Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom