Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry sorry, I can't believe I forgot that one good pass that Ade made in that one game. If only Soldado had gotten an assist somewhere in a premier league game... Oh wait, he did against last years champions!

Yes...but he went on to miss a penalty that would have seen us at 2-2 while playing with confidence....oh well....you think that is better than actually scoring then good for you.

Adebayor is not bad, but he is just not good enough. The same with Soldado. The same with Kane (In a different way as he will hopefully get better and better).

Our front line is shit.

There still has to be some reasoning as to who plays.

To me, it should be based on who scores. Why the fuck would Soldado start ahead of Kane?

And why would we drop one of our AMs for him?

Yes...but he went on to miss a penalty that would have seen us at 2-2 while playing with confidence....oh well....you think that is better than actually scoring then good for you.
He won the penalty for us in the first place from out of nothing. Yes he should've scored but if Ade was out there we wouldn't have even had the penalty. He's made 4/5 for us so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on penalty taking this one time.

The Ade - Soldado debate is basically shit now Kane looks better, if we are only playing one forward Kane it should be.

It should be both Kane and Ade starting in the prem. Kane is young, and Eriksen and Lamela need experience next to them as well as power. Kane gives them the power, and Ade has the experience.

Soldado needs to keep what he's doing. Working hard and getting angry. Chadli needs to add some needle to his game too. Being that beautiful, I'd be pretty easy going too.

One thing is ABSOLUTE MUST for Soldado: He should never play with Lennon and Townsend. Never. Ever.

He won the penalty for us in the first place from out of nothing. Yes he should've scored but if Ade was out there we wouldn't have even had the penalty. He's made 4/5 for us so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on penalty taking this one time.

He won a penalty from poor reffing because the foul was outside the box...he then missed.

No idea what Ade would have done, Im not a magician.

Fact is, Soldado failed. He registered two shots all game, and one was a penalty miss.

Yes, fantastic performance....all because he got an assist with the only sensible pass that was on.

It should be both Kane and Ade starting in the prem. Kane is young, and Eriksen and Lamela need experience next to them as well as power. Kane gives them the power, and Ade has the experience.

Soldado needs to keep what he's doing. Working hard and getting angry. Chadli needs to add some needle to his game too. Being that beautiful, I'd be pretty easy going too.

One thing is ABSOLUTE MUST for Soldado: He should never play with Lennon and Townsend. Never. Ever.

I doubt he will play with Lennon or Townsend, I really wish we had just one effective winger, wingers are important as they are an easy way to change the game. If a team is parking the bus and congesting the middle, you stick a winger on, he crosses to Kane or Chadli and bang it's in, if the cross is goode enough.

We lack a decent winger and a fast striker like Defoe, the more tools we have the more chance we have of opening up the opposition.

I doubt he will play with Lennon or Townsend, I really wish we had just one effective winger, wingers are important as they are an easy way to change the game. If a team is parking the bus and congesting the middle, you stick a winger on, he crosses to Kane or Chadli and bang it's in, if the cross is goode enough.

We lack a decent winger and a fast striker like Defoe, the more tools we have the more chance we have of opening up the opposition.

Yep. To be fair though, Defoe was usually strike partner poison. Most strikers had droughts or problems scoring that were paired up with him in the Prem. Ade, Crouch (although it worked at Portsmouth for a short period), Pav even Keano didn't do well with Defoe. Defoe was too greedy for a partner and IMO worked best on his own like how AVB played him for a few months. Defoe on his own up front does not make sense on paper, but his best return was in that role. He was top of the scoring charts by late Nov.

Yep. To be fair though, Defoe was usually strike partner poison. Most strikers had droughts or problems scoring that were paired up with him in the Prem. Ade, Crouch (although it worked at Portsmouth for a short period), Pav even Keano didn't do well with Defoe. Defoe was too greedy for a partner and IMO worked best on his own like how AVB played him for a few months. Defoe on his own up front does not make sense on paper, but his best return was in that role. He was top of the scoring charts by late Nov.

Would quite like Barihino from West Brom, him and Kane would give us good options, I still would like us to get a fast winger with an end product, not sure who we could get.

I just think our sqaud is full of players who are very similar or have flaws I mean we could loose Dembele, Paulinho, Lennon, Townsend and as a team we wouldn't be much worse at all but a good fast striker and a winger or AM with some speed and end product would do us the world of good.

And how many chances did he have to score to get to that tally? He had 4 shots last night, two were one on ones.

Brighton mate. With a reserve keeper.
Maybe we would have beaten Man City if Willy would have been between the sticks.

Didn't Adebayor miss a penalty against WBA last season which would have won us the game, at home? How many Penalties has Ade missed in a Spurs shirt to the penalty misses of Soldado?
How many shots did Adebayor have v Newcastle, Southampton, Woolwich and WBA? 1, 0, 2 & 1.
So that is 4 shots in 4 games, and only 1 of them was on target.

So, what's your point?

Maybe we would have beaten Man City if Willy would have been between the sticks.

Didn't Adebayor miss a penalty against WBA last season which would have won us the game, at home? How many Penalties has Ade missed in a Spurs shirt to the penalty misses of Soldado?
How many shots did Adebayor have v Newcastle, Southampton, Woolwich and WBA? 1, 0, 2 & 1.

So, what's your point?

Sounds like we just have average forwards.

So, what's your point?

My point is that since last December, Ade has made 29 PL appearances, and scored 13 PL goals, with 5 assists.

When Soldado tops that, at any level, come and ask me if I would start him ahead of Ade.

Funny that its so close in the number of PL games played actually, so the comparison is quite fair.

Last year Soldado played 28 PL games, and scored 6 goals (4 penalties), with 6 assists.

So, what is your point more like..

Would quite like Barihino from West Brom, him and Kane would give us good options, I still would like us to get a fast winger with an end product, not sure who we could get.

I just think our sqaud is full of players who are very similar or have flaws I mean we could loose Dembele, Paulinho, Lennon, Townsend and as a team we wouldn't be much worse at all but a good fast striker and a winger or AM with some speed and end product would do us the world of good.

IMO we need three things: Any signing has to have speed, power and leadership qualities. Barihino is in form, but we have a young team, and we also have Yedlin coming in who is about as fast as it gets but also young.

IMO what we need is going to be VERY expensive. And most of it on wages. We need pace, power and leadership. Leadership usually means little sell on value (older), and it's hard to find late 20's players in that skill bracket that have affordable wages and will come to us. The last time we moved up a level from lower mid table was when someone of Davids stature came in but he was creaking a little.

The only drawback in our team is overall pace and leadership. Once we have that sorted, and we have mentors in place for the Yedlins, Eriksens, Lamelas, Walkers, Lamela etc we will be almost impossible to beat IMO.

The last thing we need IMO is a Kono etc. Someone who has/had good stats that year, is young and on the cusp is the last thing we need. One month of hearing fans piss at him over a missed pass can fuck up anyones game. We need someone who is not scared of the crowd, our manager and players. VDV did not give a flying fuck if he missed a pass, because he would try the harder passes to get through the parked bus unlike Modric, Dembele etc who would rack up AMAZING passing stats with us but our strikers would have barren runs.

And the huge pain in the arse: We need fucking two of them! haha Baldini has an impossible task in front of him IMO. Sometimes it pays to have a Jurgen as manager because he can tap up the old boys brigade for top talents. Perhaps Poch needs to send out an SOS to the hard hitters of Argentina to turn us around?

I don't think signing whatever youngster is in form is the thing to do. We've ruined enough of them.

So Poch out? Because Poch's opinion aligns with mine when it comes to our strikers and attackers.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/10/17/pochettino-backs-adebayor
16th Oct:

"I am very happy with his performances," he said in a press conference on Thursday.

"It's difficult when the striker doesn't score, but we have full confidence in him."

And the next prem game he scores.

Oh right sorry I thought the new manager would come in and immediately brand our highest paid player as a useless piece of shit and rot him on the bench AVB style.

Of course he will defend him, he will be under immense pressure from the board to play Adebayor and get the best out of him because he is costing us a fuck-tonne. If he is being as shit as he is now he is worse than useless; he is costing us big time.

Oh right sorry I thought the new manager would come in and immediately brand our highest paid player as a useless piece of shit and rot him on the bench AVB style.

Of course he will defend him, he will be under immense pressure from the board to play Adebayor and get the best out of him because he is costing us a fuck-tonne. If he is being as shit as he is now he is worse than useless; he is costing us big time.

Adebayor has cost us less money in his entire three years here than Soldado has in one year

Adebayor has cost us less money in his entire three years here than Soldado has in one year

Difference is we could actually recoup some of the money on Bobby if he gets a run of games and gets back in the goals. Adebayor won't be bought by anyone in their right mind, hence why we are the dunces stick with him and his astronomical wages.

Difference is we could actually recoup some of the money on Bobby if he gets a run of games and gets back in the goals. Adebayor won't be bought by anyone in their right mind, hence why we are the dunces stick with him and his astronomical wages.

Difference is that Ade is on 80 grand with us, and cost 5M...City paid the rest up until this season.

Soldado transfer fee alone around five times as much, and Id imagine he's on the same wages.

Why make up an argument about Adebayors cost being the reason Poch is playing him, when he is costing us less than a lot of other players bought recently?

I mean, seriously...why? Why make shit up?

Man city supplemented his wages so he fits in our wage structure

He is on big money, but we are not paying him Man City style wages. Plus we got him for cheap so it's shrewd work by Lev.

Back
Top Bottom