Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Between the accountants and the obsessives I'm not sure? The club isn't ENIC or the future owners, it's not the players or the stadium, it's not the the fucking sponsorship deals, it's us. We are the club. Without us it is nothing.

Back to Kane...

He has no pace or positioning sense.
Will develop into a decent Championship striker or Redknapp buy at best
Sorry but a championship level player doesn't get onto the fringes of a top 6/7 squad at 20 years old . He doesn't have the vision to pick out last minute winning passes against West Ham and he certainly doesn't score 3 premier league goals in his first 3 premier league starts!

Sorry but a championship level player doesn't get onto the fringes of a top 6/7 squad at 20 years old . He doesn't have the vision to pick out last minute winning passes against West Ham and he certainly doesn't score 3 premier league goals in his first 3 premier league starts!
He's too slow, can't you see that?

Why are people so quick to write Kane off? Yes ok, he's not as good as Aguero or Costa but he's pretty good for an academy product who isn't first choice. He's scored goals for the first team and continually scores for the English Under 21 side, what more could you possibly expect from him at this stage in his career? Tottenham aren't in the position to be able to have several world class strikers.

You don't have to have pace to be good in the league and his positioning will get better as he plays more. I think a lot of teams would love to have him as their backup striker. Even off the field he strikes me as a professional young adult, happily working hard to better himself and not featuring in any nightclub incidents.

You don't have to have pace to be good in the league and his positioning will get better as he plays more. I think a lot of teams would love to have him as their backup striker. Even off the field he strikes me as a professional young adult, happily working hard to better himself and not featuring in any nightclub incidents.
I disagree, you have to be fast in this league. I'm sure he's a terrific bloke.

One of the only things Sherwood was ever right about is Spurs fans nowadays have no interest in an academy player. If we had signed him last year as one for the future and he was making this type of progress people would have him pencilled into the starting eleven for the next 10 years. No patience at all for the kids who actually grew up Spurs. Boggles my mind.

Players develop as they play, they don't just show up at 20 or 21 fresh off a few loans as finished articles. How many better 21 year old strikers are there in the league than Kane? Are there any? Lukaku is the only one I can think of.

Last edited:
Not saying he shouldn't be given a chance, I just don't feel he will improve enough to stay at a top 6/7th place team.

Unless of course he is happy to be a third choice striker for the rest of his days.

I'm obviously no expert and happy
To wait and see if I'm wrong though, but three years time I bet he is playing for Stoke/qpr/Fulham

One of the only things Sherwood was ever right about is Spurs fans nowadays have no interest in an academy player. If we had signed him last year as one for the future and he was making this type of progress people would have him pencilled into the starting eleven for the next 10 years. No patience at all for the kids who actually grew up Spurs. Boggles my mind.

Players develop as they play, they don't just show up at 20 or 21 fresh off a few loans as finished articles. How many better 21 year old strikers are there in the league than Kane? Are there any? Lukaku is the only one I can think of.

Personally I think I have patience with the youngsters, but not with those extremely costly never ending huge amateur mistakes in defence. What Kane did on the own goal some might say is due to lack of experience. But any half intelligent teenage footballer should have the presence of mind not to have the body turned towards the goal like that, not to mention to actually pay some attention to the ball during a defensive set piece at 2-1.

It's ok that he doesn't play well every game, you can accept that for youngsters. But you need to look at abilities. He's slow, he has no agility, he has mediocre technique. This could be ok if he had world class football intelligence and presence of mind. He proved that he has neither

Back
Top Bottom