Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I think I have patience with the youngsters, but not with those extremely costly never ending huge amateur mistakes in defence. What Kane did on the own goal some might say is due to lack of experience. But any half intelligent teenage footballer should have the presence of mind not to have the body turned towards the goal like that, not to mention to actually pay some attention to the ball during a defensive set piece at 2-1.

It's ok that he doesn't play well every game, you can accept that for youngsters. But you need to look at abilities. He's slow, he has no agility, he has mediocre technique. This could be ok if he had world class football intelligence and presence of mind. He proved that he has neither
He could have scored that own goal with his back heel turning away from goal as well. I blame those of our players failing to clear the ball until it hit Kane just as much as Kane himself. And "mediocre technique"? "No agility"? Are you basing all your critique on ten minute cameos? If I had to pick I would say Kane is our most technically gifted striker. You set your standards ridiculously high for a 21 y.o. who's still trying to establish himself in the squad.

Personally I think I have patience with the youngsters, but not with those extremely costly never ending huge amateur mistakes in defence. What Kane did on the own goal some might say is due to lack of experience. But any half intelligent teenage footballer should have the presence of mind not to have the body turned towards the goal like that, not to mention to actually pay some attention to the ball during a defensive set piece at 2-1.

It's ok that he doesn't play well every game, you can accept that for youngsters. But you need to look at abilities. He's slow, he has no agility, he has mediocre technique. This could be ok if he had world class football intelligence and presence of mind. He proved that he has neither
Bewildered by these views.

Kane and able. Can we tell at this stage of his career, i think not. Yes he is not up to the job at the minute but he needs football time. My only complaint is, as a forward, he seems to be a nice guy, I wish he was a bit rough around the edges. Sometimes it better to cut the diamond rather than just polish what you got?

lets be realistic..you know from a young age if a player is up to it and how he will turn out. harry kane is an average player. just like lee barnard.

So when's the cut off in your eyes then? 16,17, 18....they have to be like Rooney or Owen?

The argument for Kane seems to be that "He's young", which is also the counter to all sceptics. The thing is that at least some of us who don't rate him are not just looking simply at the question "is he good enough at the moment?" We are trying to look at what he does, his skillset, and wether it's likely that he will become a player of the quality we hope Spurs will have in the years to come. To me, it seems he has to many weaknesses that won't develop far enough at this age.

I'm not one of those that hate on all players or all talents though. It's just - he doesn't look good enough, and also lacked focus in the last game. If you're young and want to make it, you should make damn sure to stay focused when you play.

The argument for Kane seems to be that "He's young", which is also the counter to all sceptics. The thing is that at least some of us who don't rate him are not just looking simply at the question "is he good enough at the moment?" We are trying to look at what he does, his skillset, and wether it's likely that he will become a player of the quality we hope Spurs will have in the years to come. To me, it seems he has to many weaknesses that won't develop far enough at this age.

I'm not one of those that hate on all players or all talents though. It's just - he doesn't look good enough, and also lacked focus in the last game. If you're young and want to make it, you should make damn sure to stay focused when you play.
It wasn't really a lack of focus at all though he was just pointing out an unmarked player, hardly even a mistake and I'm sure he'll learn from it the best way to deal with it next time.

Also in all serious what do you doubt about his skill set? He has a great touch, a rocket of a shot, a surprising amount of skill with the ball at his feet and is capable of picking out some really neat passes with his vision. So really what part of his game is it that you doubt will allow him to make it at the top level?

As a younger player he performed well and deserves his chance. The PL will not stand still for him so he needs to progress quickly. Once we are better as a team this will assist his progression.

As a younger player he performed well and deserves his chance. The PL will not stand still for him so he needs to progress quickly. Once we are better as a team this will assist his progression.

Kane makes us better as a team. When he starts he puts in a good shift compared to the Lennons, Soldados, Defoes and others that can disappear or be overly greedy.

He's just like Ade IMO when it comes to positive team impact. It's just typical of football for him to score an own goal and get the night crew frothing.

Kane makes us better as a team. When he starts he puts in a good shift compared to the Lennons, Soldados, Defoes and others that can disappear or be overly greedy.

He's just like Ade IMO when it comes to positive team impact. It's just typical of football for him to score an own goal and get the night crew frothing.

OG aside he looked like shit the other day and you can't deny that. On more than one occasion he took a poor touch that allowed Sunderland to regain possession. He'll be fine in spurts but he isn't going to carry us when we'll inevitably need him to.

OG aside he looked like shit the other day and you can't deny that. On more than one occasion he took a poor touch that allowed Sunderland to regain possession. He'll be fine in spurts but he isn't going to carry us when we'll inevitably need him to.
Harry Kane ? I tend to agree with both statements. No one one can say if he will become a world beater but we have invested so much time and money on the player, we need to allow him football time to develop his game. For me, he has adjusted his game already and looks to fit in rather than be arrogant and play his own game. For this reason he has every chance to succeed.

He can lead the line fine. Unless you take off Chadli, Ade and Eriksen and have Lennon etc stinking up the place where you can drop 28 million on a marquee striker and he'll hardly ever score in the prem.

Ask Soldado and Defoe how good Lennon and Roses link up play is. Kane is not a weak link. And all players are capable of a bad performance.

I don't blame Kane for losing 2 points. I blame Poch. He made a negative decision to bring on a DM. He put out a team that could not last 75 mins or concentrate. And he drilled set pieces we attacked and defended that failed as well as having a weak bench with ZERO creativity on it.

And just like Kanes performance, I'm not going to lambast Poch for dropping 2 points because luck also played a part.

'lennons soldados defoes'

FUCK OFF JUST MATE PLEASE

It wasn't really a lack of focus at all though he was just pointing out an unmarked player, hardly even a mistake and I'm sure he'll learn from it the best way to deal with it next time.

Also in all serious what do you doubt about his skill set? He has a great touch, a rocket of a shot, a surprising amount of skill with the ball at his feet and is capable of picking out some really neat passes with his vision. So really what part of his game is it that you doubt will allow him to make it at the top level?
If you remember Mark Falco - Kane is at that kind of a level, for me. Similar skill set as well.
Useful, but won't ever be a Chivers or a Lineker

Back
Top Bottom