Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Realistically, no
but not because of his skills or ability - we are a different club now and Kane will never be our first choice striker. So it will be through a lack of opportunity.

I honestly couldn't believe we didn't get one more striker in pre-season. I can't believe the powers that be would allow Ade, Bobby and Kane to be pretty much our only striking options

I honestly couldn't believe we didn't get one more striker in pre-season. I can't believe the powers that be would allow Ade, Bobby and Kane to be pretty much our only striking options
We do look lightweight up front, but it's the 3 behind the striker that must compensate for that. It's early days, let's not go off at the deep end yet.

We are already scoring more from midfield this season. Less greed in the team (Defoe and Townsend) helps. Also Bale was very greedy and pretty much shot on sight (but was justified).

I think we have a better team ethic. AVB was Bale FC and the rest of the team was an afterthought.

If you want goals from Bentaleb, Capoue, Paulinho and Dembele, they are not going to get them as deeper midfielders.

The onus had to be on Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela, Soldado, Ade and Kane to get us goals.
Eriksen has only reached double figures once in his career as have Lamela and Chadli. Soldado and Kane will not be playing in League each week. So, what is Dembele then, a defensive midfielder? Lamela averaged 7 a season over 3 years before joining us ( 15 in his last boosting that) Eriksen 7 and Chadli 8
As we saw tonight, we lack goals. So, who will step in for Eriksen, Chadli or Lamela.
Van Der Vaart and Bale have been the best scoring midfielders we have had for years. Unfortunately we have not had a lot. If you look at our top scorers year after year. we rely too much on our forwards.
Every top team has a midfielder who gets into double figures, and a forward. The rest chip in.

Yet another goal from the Walthamstow wonder, who cost us nothing in transfer fees and earns fuck all compared to our other strikers,

Two North London kids showed our imports how to play football ------ Proud moment, love it COYS

Yet another goal from the Walthamstow wonder, who cost us nothing in transfer fees and earns fuck all compared to our other strikers,

Two North London kids showed our imports how to play football ------ Proud moment, love it COYS

Yep. Great to see the big fellah firing.

One of these days, I really want to see Kane start in front of Chadli, Eriksen, and Lamela.
I think there will be a lot of good signs, if not also 1 or 2 goals.

Another great performance from young Kane, the amount of running he did last night was incredible, he truly gave it his all, so much so that he could barely move in the last 10 mins, shame more of our players don't put in the same effort.

One in the eye for the Kane knockers I reckon

Another great performance from young Kane, the amount of running he did last night was incredible, he truly gave it his all, so much so that he could barely move in the last 10 mins, shame more of our players don't put in the same effort.

One in the eye for the Kane knockers I reckon
Effort never in doubt, ability maybe,

That said, I think he has earned a league start. With Lamela and Eriksen feeding him rather than Paulinho and Townsend he may surprise people even more.

Anyone have any good Kane songs? I was thinking a good one could be made from the tune of Martin Jol's got no hair but no idea what.

If someone can come up with a good one I'll try it at the game today.

Kane scored his sixth in his seventh England U21 match last night, well taken header at the near post. He might not be fast , but he has an ability of getting into goal scoring positions regularly.

If we stick with the core of Kane, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli and Ade mixing it up in attack, the potential long term is pretty scary.

It's safe to say we are still not clicking 100% so when we do, we can fuck her right in the pussy.

We really do need a LOT of speed behind them though. Can't wait for Walker to get back along with seeing what Yedlin can do. I think the only drawback of the team is pace.

Last edited:
Kane is getting better and better....full call up soon.

Not sure he's got a chance yet to get in front of the wealth of quality options the full XI have?

Haha, as if, yep it's a great time to be a potentially decent up and coming England striker, could get a place for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom