Europa League 14/15 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can someone explain that new rule where they have split the groups into different playing times?

I want to know how many teams we actually couldn't have drawn.

The interesting thing about Europa League is the variation of teams you can face, CL is the same old BS because so many teams are constantly separated. Boring as hell.

Does this mean the moment Borussia Monchen... got drawn into Group A, we could not get Wolfsburg because we were in C within A-F?

Can someone explain that new rule where they have split the groups into different playing times?

I want to know how many teams we actually couldn't have drawn.

The interesting thing about Europa League is the variation of teams you can face, CL is the same old BS because so many teams are constantly separated. Boring as hell.

Does this mean the moment Borussia Monchen... got drawn into Group A, we could not get Wolfsburg because we were in C within A-F?
Teams from the same FA have to play on different days - same as in the CL

The one thing that I am wondering about is how safe will it be for Spurs fans to travel out to Istanbul for the match? Obviously Turkish football fans are well known for being very fanatical in their support, but there have been problems in the past for British football fans who have travelled there for away matches...

will be quite safe and sound unless -of course- you don't insult turkish flag -as the leeds fans did- or the religion -as feyenoord fans did-. other than those two strict taboos, you may enjoy your visit.

+may have a brawl with local lads unrelated to football (girls, loud chants, bills, etc.) but hey, these might happen anywhere on earth.

So any thoughts on whether the Tripoli match will be moved to e.g. Athens? Their stadium holds 7k, but they hosted their earlier two qualifiers there, so I guess it passes UEFA criteria

Back
Top Bottom