Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me Aguero close. Toure maybe? Lloris very close. Other than these 3 I don't think there is a player in the EPL near World Class.

The World Class bar is set by CR7, Messi, Bale, Muller, Neure, Iniesta, Zlatan and alike. Other than the 3 potentials above. For me no one in The EPL comes close. The phrase World Class is banded around to casually I think.

For me Aguero close. Toure maybe? Lloris very close. Other than these 3 I don't think there is a player in the EPL near World Class.

The World Class bar is set by CR7, Messi, Bale, Muller, Neure, Iniesta, Zlatan and alike. Other than the 3 potentials above. For me no one in The EPL comes close. The phrase World Class is banded around to casually I think.

You obviously haven't been watching Woolwich... Because according to one of their fans, on a forum this weekend, he informed everyone that Woolwich have at least 6 if not 7 world class players in their starting 11.

:walker-scream:

Reid - maybe. But why do we need Morrison? If we even needed a player in that position we could definitely do better than him?

Neither are good enough for us.. But it would be funny as they rate Reid very highly and the majority reckon he would walk into the defence of any of the top 4 teams..
Nicking yet another of their best players would be hilarious. He is half decent but it's not hard to look good in a team full of Retards.

Winston Reid is fairly decent, not sure he's good enough if we're looking to get a Champions League spot though.

True, I'd take him though just to stop Dawson being our back up. Could kill two birds with one stone if he is happy to come and be a squad player. Fuck off the spam and allow Dawson a new lease of life elsewhere.

Anyone having a bad day..? Fancy a laugh to cheer you up?

According to reports in the Italian media Napoli are being linked with Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Christian Eriksen. The Danish international only arrived at White Hart Lane last season from Dutch side Ajax so it is unlikely the club will want to sell one of their prized assets.

TMW have reported this morning that Rafa Benitez is targeting the Dane as the club look to strengthen their squad for next season. Napoli fell behind Juventus and Roma last season after having title aspirations so they need to add to the squad to compete on all fronts in the next campaign

Napoli also still have a chance to qualify for the Champions League group stages after finishing third last season so they need to bring in new players to give them some depth. Eriksen isn’t the only Tottenham player to be linked with Napoli after Sandro and Mousa Dembele were the subject of rumours about a move to Italy in the past few weeks.

We covered the story last month that Napoli are interested in bringing in either Sandro or Mousa Dembele to the club. It was claimed that Sandro is the main target for Benitez and that a bid of around €16m could land them the Brazilian. The defensive midfielder has already been linked with a move to Serie A after comments by his agent that the player would welcome to a move there.

His agent spoke about the player’s desire to play in Italy and now it was just a case of seeing want materialised. With the competition for central midfielder place at Tottenham a player could leave the club in the summer transfer window with it being more likely Sandro who moves on.

The whole world class thing is a tough one though. There are only a select few like messi, ronaldo, Suarez. Personally I think they are above world class,we are lucky that at the moment the game seems quite rich with players that will be remembered in the same breath as zidane, Pele, zico,maradonna etc, absolute legends of the game then below that you have players that I'd consider world class such as the likes of Bale, lahm, hazard, Lloris etc that no matter what they would be in the starting 11 of any team anywhere in the world at any given time given the chance. They are what I'd consider world class and they are at that level because they are better than most of their peers. You could say for instance someone like Cannavaro, ex Italy, probably not going to be remembered as as good a defender say as Maldini, however at the time when they played together, won the World Cup they would both have gotten into any team anywhere so were world class players.
Not sure if I'm making my point but what I'm trying to say is just because someone may argue that cliff jones was better than Gareth Bale or vice versa, they are both world class in comparison to their peers at the time.
Currently I could probably name around 30+ Of what I would consider world class players but will not bore you all any further.

I know he had a bit of the second season syndrome, but I still think Viktor Fischer is worth a punt to solve our left wing issues. But idk, I'm just tossing it out there.

Next season maybe, signing him now would be ridiculous considering the Injury.

We're supposedly in for a couple of Wet Spam players.

I would take Reid, he wouldn't start, but he could be a decent squad player.

dont want any west ham players. they did us last year but it was horrific to watch. I might buy some of their players if I was playing hoofball everyweek and fighting relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom