Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly to use isolated teams from yesteryear as proof or international results. Football has changed massively and it's the teams with the best players that will end up doing well in the league. Team work only gets you so far.

Not as silly as telling everyone here that Sturridge is World Class and Eriksen "is not even close."

Yesteryear = Costa Rica 2014? Okie dokie

Oh and it hasn't changed enough for you to discount Cristiano Ronaldo's one man Portugal side along with the other superstar laden European national teams getting bummed by an ancient Greek side whose biggest name was and still is Samaras.

Yeah you're right teamwork is redundant. No one ever wins anything without world class players

greece2004winners.jpg

Screenshot-2014-06-24-at-11.04.26-AM.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_FA_Cup_Final
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_FA_Cup_Final
FD25B8DE69EFF3C72823843D74CB.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984–85_Serie_A
denmark92-team2.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_European_Cup_Final
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977–78_Nottingham_Forest_F.C._season

I don't know know what I was thinking, thank you for putting me back in my place with that little "my aspirations" line as clearly my aspirations are to barely avoid relegation with our shit, mediocre players like Lloris and Eriksen. I've seen the folly of my thought processes and it will never happen again.

I'm now fully behind a "spend money to buy all the best individual names" policy in the hope that we can emulate the Galacticos.
Enjoyed this post and agree with the sentiment. But don't we think those days might be over? Greece was the most recent winner, 10 years ago now.

If we're doing the team ethic thing surely Athletico Madrid should get a mention, I'd say before last season none of them were in the world class bracket, and they won La Liga and got to the Champions league final. Southampton last year turned it on against the big boys and they are undoubtedly inferior in world class talent.

Enjoyed this post and agree with the sentiment. But don't we think those days might be over? Greece was the most recent winner, 10 years ago now.

Not at all, like BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES just said Atletico are a great example. Me using those examples wasn't a case of we can do it if we had 11 shithouse players, it's based on a saying that I forget who the hell said, "it takes an individual to perfect football but teamwork to master it." As well as a counter to being told we apparently have no world class players so need marquee signings this summer or we'll be "left behind." I call bullshit, we need a man to unlock the potential we already have. I feel we have that

Not at all, like BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES BUYLEDLEYNEWKNEES just said Atletico are a great example. Me using those examples wasn't a case of we can do it if we had 11 shithouse players, it's based on a saying that I forget who the hell said, "it takes an individual to perfect football but teamwork to master it." As well as a counter to being told we apparently have no world class players so need marquee signings this summer or we'll be "left behind." I call bullshit, we need a man to unlock the potential we already have. I feel we have that
Even Everton last year are proof that you don't need world class players to play fantastic football. Rodgers at Liverpool outplayed Citeh and Chelsea and they imo can/could only class Suarez as world class. If Poch can get the players behind him and we have a bit of luck with injuries in the same way the scousers did last year we could scrape fourth.

Griezmann was always going to be hard for us to get. Not because he's out of our league though. Was hoping Levy could pull off a Lamela-esque deal. How many of us realistically though we could get the likes of Lamela/Eriksen last summer?

I know he had a bit of the second season syndrome, but I still think Viktor Fischer is worth a punt to solve our left wing issues. But idk, I'm just tossing it out there.

Pretty much, unless by some miracle El Shaarawy realises he is too good for this AC team and fancies a move to England.

Fair enough. My issue with standing with what we have is I think we're one injury away to Lamela from reverting to ineffective wide play. We're also going to be very predictable if we become over-reliant on him. It's worked against MLS sides, but I hesitate to believe it'll work against Prem sides, and especially to such an extent that will see us near the top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom