Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree.

AVB was villified at Chelsea for attempting a radical overhaul, and therefore figured he would graduate Lloris into the team whilst not making a cunt of Friedel...It was a little frustrating but the motive behind it was sound, and the matches we lost weren't Friedel's fault.

Also, it was two years ago.
Unsurprisingly I disagree, I think AVB got it all wrong, and it was symptomatic of the way he was ultimately to fail at Spurs. I'm sure Levy was furious at AVB's handling of the situation, especially as I suspect Hugo was more 'his signing' rather than AVB's.
AVB overcompensated from his mistakes at Chelsea by making a 'reverse mistake' at Spurs.

It may have been two years ago, but we had a great chance to get CL that season, we failed and the consequences live with us, including AVB's dismissal and the divisive Sherwood appointment.

Oh easily :)

Positions were drawn up, people claimed I was talking nonsense when it was them who were. Lloris' ability and attitude were doubted, a lot of people didn't like that I supported the 'French position' on the situation, etc, etc.
You talk an incredible amount of guff.

Every person on this board knew exactly what was going on with Lloris. Ferguson did the same with De Gea, but because he's a dinosaur like you, you don't bat an eyelid.

Get over it. You didn't ''win''. No-one ever suggested Hugo wasn't better than Friedel. No-one ever suggested that Hugo wasn't our number one when he eventually started league games. It was unanimous that we had captured one the World's best goalkeepers.

You talk an incredible amount of guff.

Every person on this board knew exactly what was going on with Lloris. Ferguson did the same with De Gea, but because he's a dinosaur like you, you don't bat an eyelid.

Get over it. You didn't ''win''. No-one ever suggested Hugo wasn't better than Friedel. No-one ever suggested that Hugo wasn't our number one when he eventually started league games. It was unanimous that we had captured one the World's best goalkeepers.
we shouldnt forget that friedel had played about a billion consecutive games too. It would have been insulting to him to bring lloris straight into the team instead of letting him get a feel for the game in this country from the sidelines

Unsurprisingly I disagree, I think AVB got it all wrong, and it was symptomatic of the way he was ultimately to fail at Spurs. I'm sure Levy was furious at AVB's handling of the situation, especially as I suspect Hugo was more 'his signing' rather than AVB's.
AVB overcompensated from his mistakes at Chelsea by making a 'reverse mistake' at Spurs.

It may have been two years ago, but we had a great chance to get CL that season, we failed and the consequences live with us, including AVB's dismissal and the divisive Sherwood appointment.

ves357_bestever, post: 580859, member: 3783"]Unsurprisingly I disagree, I think AVB got it all wrong, and it was symptomatic of the way he was ultimately to fail at Spurs. I'm sure Levy was furious at AVB's handling of the situation, especially as I suspect Hugo was more 'his signing' rather than AVB's.

It may have been two years ago, but we had a great chance to get CL that season, we failed and the consequences live with us, including AVB's dismissal and the divisive Sherwood appointment.[/QUOTE]
I hope we don't fall out over it

ves357_bestever, post: 580859, member: 3783"]Unsurprisingly I disagree, I think AVB got it all wrong, and it was symptomatic of the way he was ultimately to fail at Spurs. I'm sure Levy was furious at AVB's handling of the situation, especially as I suspect Hugo was more 'his signing' rather than AVB's.

I hope we don't fall out over it[/QUOTE]
No need to fall out over it, or any Spurs debate :)

People have different views, that's fine. Some people though turn to insults, then sometimes people fall out etc. It's all too common I'm afraid in internet land.

we shouldnt forget that friedel had played about a billion consecutive games too. It would have been insulting to him to bring lloris straight into the team instead of letting him get a feel for the game in this country from the sidelines

This was a point often made at the time, and fair enough, but I disagree unsurprisingly.
If we bought Messi, we'd carry on playing Kane/Soldado while Lionel adapted to England?

I know that's an extreme example, but surely when you bring in a world class player you play him. It would have been tough on Brad, but that's football surely?

This was a point often made at the time, and fair enough, but I disagree unsurprisingly.
If we bought Messi, we'd carry on playing Kane/Soldado while Lionel adapted to England?

I know that's an extreme example, but surely when you bring in a world class player you play him. It would have been tough on Brad, but that's football surely?
and yet you can't see why other players are played ahead of Dawson?

:kaboullol:

when you sign a world class keeper after the season has started, you bring him into training, you see how he goes, how he mixes with the group, and if the form of the incumbent dips you introduce him to the team...if not, you choose a suitable game to get him a start.
The problem with your example is that you are comparing apples and oranges. Outfield players to keepers. If kane and soldado are scoring two each every game, you can afford to bring on messi for 20 at a time for a few weeks. but we dont do that with keepers.

Over Lloris? Yes. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Eriksen. He's my favorite player on the team at the moment. However, with a lesser keeper we could have easily finished in the bottom half of the league.
Not sure that I see it.

This isn't a negative reflection on Hugo at all, but because our defense was shambles we were shipping goals left and right regardless of Hugo's heroics. He made some incredible saves, but at the end of the day I don't think he was used to great effect last season simply because he was so exposed.

Eriksen all day every day for me.

Back
Top Bottom