Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OnlyOrneryIbadanmalimbe.gif

Lovely finish.

ive been watching the kid for awhile and always thought his been quality,

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS what do you think?
Without wanting to steal Windy's thunder at all..!

I've been really impressed with him for the U18s this season. Occasionally would have a game where he'd barely feature, but would then come up with a moment of magic to create or score a goal (the 2-2 with Fulham a perfect example of this). His best game of the season was probably another against Fulham, in the 3-2 loss in the FA Youth Cup. Encouragingly, he didn't look at all out of place when he played for the U21s against Woolwich.

The only worry most people have with him is that the reason he stands out at this stage is his size. This isn't quite as exaggerated now as it was a couple of years ago, but it's still quite right that people are unsure if he will have the same impact when he's playing with people his size + bigger.

Great finish on Monday though!

It was Shalke and i don't think they did it in the end. Ledley is a legend and everything, but retiring the shirt is a bit far.
Personally I think that the best approach is to keep the shirt number on standby. If a player really proves himself then he gets offered the shirt as a badge of honour. To me that's a way of treating the old player with respect, while at the same time retaining the shirt and giving players something to work towards.

Personally I think that the best approach is to keep the shirt number on standby. If a player really proves himself then he gets offered the shirt as a badge of honour. To me that's a way of treating the old player with respect, while at the same time retaining the shirt and giving players something to work towards.
Completely agree It should be a "I want to come and show I'm worthy of wearing the number 26 shirt at tottenham" kinda thing.
Like the number 7 at united.

Back
Top Bottom