Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brouggt my dad and my two sons lovely evening and reminded us all why we support this great club
.the we want you to stay chants for holtby were very telling.

well done all involved. 3 generations of yiddos went home well chered. Ledders your a legend. God lamy must of got picked on at school worse penalty I ever saw ever.

Oh yeah. There was one bum note.

Wtf was that bumbling oaf Boris Johnson doing on the screen? That Bullingdon idiot doesn't even know what a football is.

If you were in the ground early enough you would have noticed that Sherwood was listed in Ledley's early team list up on the big screen, but it seemed like they waited to see what kind of reaction he got...... His inclusion didnt exactly seem popular, the next time they gave out the teams they had conveniently removed his picture from the list up on the big screen.

Other funny things:

- Kaboul picking up Davids and running with him for 30 yards!
- Freund nutmegging Will Miller and 4 Spurs players (Holtby, Miller, Capoue and Oduwa simultaneously collapsing to the floor laughing and holding their head in their hands)
- Robbo starting a couple of songs
- Asking Friedel the score after every goal, and at 2-1, him replying with a middle finger and a V.
- Graham Roberts (I think) telling 36,000 people he was shitting it before taking a penalty at HT
- Freund hitting the bar with a screamer, the ground nearly erupted!
- Some random bloke from the crowd being linesman for 5 minutes. He was genuinely funny too! Gave an offside and did that really exaggerated arm movement linos do to show the player was moving back from offside. Also the whole Park Lane singing "Who the fucking hell are you" and "you don't know what you're doing"!
- Holtby 2 footing Freund, followed 5 seconds later by Freund 2 footing Holtby

Anything else?

Brouggt my dad and my two sons lovely evening and reminded us all why we support this great club
.the we want you to stay chants for holtby were very telling.

well done all involved. 3 generations of yiddos went home well chered. Ledders your a legend. God lamy must of got picked on at school worse penalty I ever saw ever.

What about the Tory Man U supporting one at the end? That was pretty poor too.

If you were in the ground early enough you would have noticed that Sherwood was listed in Ledley's early team list up on the big screen, but it seemed like they waited to see what kind of reaction he got...... His inclusion didnt exactly seem popular, the next time they gave out the teams they had conveniently removed his picture from the list up on the big screen.

What a shame. It would have been nice to see him get some game. It would have been a decent send off for him. I don't think the calibre of fan there tonight would have been too rough.

Anyone having a go at the MPs were, frankly twats. This was not a night for politics, just as it was not a night for managerial/player concerns. It was a night for Ledley and to raise some money for charity. Most of the booing I assumed was in jest, but coming on here just shows me how pathetic some fans are.

Seems logical. Still, this game should have been bigger than that. Current manager and former team mate? Sounds like he should have played, regardless of who he is.

Re. Sherwood - apparently Hoddle pulled out for personal reasons, so Sherwood became manager of the Kings XI. But this didn't happen until after that first time the teams were read out.

Anyone having a go at the MPs were, frankly twats. This was not a night for politics, just as it was not a night for managerial/player concerns. It was a night for Ledley and to raise some money for charity. Most of the booing I assumed was in jest, but coming on here just shows me how pathetic some fans are.
I think they knew full well what the reaction would be and were man enough to take it. It was just jovial booing.

I think you have missed the point mate. I read the shoot out as a pantomime, the MP's were there to be booed, Paul Coyte was even encouraging it, it was all part of the entertainment.

I think you have missed the point mate. I read the shoot out as a pantomime, the MP's were there to be booed, Paul Coyte was even encouraging it, it was all part of the entertainment.

He's pissed mate and is trying to start a row. Just ignore it.

I read it like that as well. I'm not talking about booing with the spirit of the crowd, I'm referring to douches who have come on the internet to criticise since, and believe me, there have been some.

Most fun i've had at a game for who knows how long, absolutely brilliant night.

Everyone's mentioned the highlights of Howard Webb getting two-footed by Holtby, Kaboul picking up Davids and running along the pitch etc (although everyone seems to have missed the sublime juggling from Ade(?) then when Eriksen flicked it onto the back of his neck). Goosebumps when Ledley was subbed off, the atmosphere was absolutely cracking. What a brilliant way to close this otherwise crap season. Long live the King!

Back
Top Bottom