Alex Pritchard

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My understanding is that merit is not always the decisive factor for young players on loan, but Posh's place in the table does suggest desperation will work in his favor.
If he's not good enough to make the first team, hes got more chance of getting subbed on and making an impact. If it turns out hes good enough for the first team, then thats brilliant, and he'll get plenty of experience and maybe go to a premier league team next season.

he'll get experience whatever happens. If he's as good as we all think, its his chance to show it. i would fucking love it if he does finish the season as a first team regular.

Signed a new contract as he went out on loan yesterday.
Am I the only one going to tune in to posh's match tomorrow if he starts? :cudicini:
I live in Peterborough so might head over to London Road tomorrow and catch the game. I was pretty happy with the loan spell for that reason if nothing else. It'll be good to see/hear how he gets on.

He won't play as much now Boyd isn't leaving I'm pressuming
Boyd tends to play more from the left (or has on the numerous times when I've been to London Road, I've not been this season and only went to 1/2 last season so his role might have changed).

Boyd staying at Posh is ridiculous though. Forest have pissed him about twice now. They took him on loan with a view to make it permanent and decided against taking him. They then get another shot a couple of years later and opt against signing him on his eyesight.

Although my sympathy for Boyd is little. Crystal Palace interested in signing him, Crystal Palace top of the division and looking good for promotion.. Crystal Palace fan Boyd opts for Forest. Idiot.

Back to Pritchard though I think he'll do very well at Posh. Depending on clashes I'll hopefully get the chance to see a bit of him before his loan spell ends.

I was really glad when he was not sold, but instead went on loan.
Seems a really tidy player ... especially his freekicks.

Is there any chance he could break in anytime soon?
Would love if he could get a run in some of our cups next season.

Any info, WindyCOYS WindyCOYS ?

Windy believes he's not a PL type player!

is WindyCOYS WindyCOYS a unicorn?

seems to be regarded as fount of knowledge yet I never seem to come across him on the forum..

i will like to engage more, more info on youth players is always happily accepted...

from what ive seen of pritchard i like him, wicked shot, good assists, decent dribbler...whats not to like?

seems to be regarded as fount of knowledge yet I never seem to come across him on the forum..

i will like to engage more, more info on youth players is always happily accepted...

from what ive seen of pritchard i like him, wicked shot, good assists, decent dribbler...whats not to like?
He's very active on Twitter. Seems a decent bloke. Likes Bentaleb a bit too much for me but a good person to follow as he's got his finger on the pulse in terms of our youth set-up.

Hi Oz,
Windy is big on twitter and he gives regular feedback/updates on the Fighting Cock podcasts.
And yep he thinks Pritch not quite PL standard. Some of his downside, very small and poor temprement.
But u never now, he does have a fair bit of "silk" it seems.

Hi Oz,
Windy is big on twitter and he gives regular feedback/updates on the Fighting Cock podcasts.
And yep he thinks Pritch not quite PL standard. Some of his downside, very small and poor temprement.
But u never now, he does have a fair bit of "silk" it seems.

messi and cantona anyone?

You never know, but personally I think he's just below the required level.

Sorry mate, I don't get enough time these days as I'm too busy thinking up amazing football songs.

(STROLLING UP THE PITCH IS SUPER VLAD CHIRICHES, DO DO DO! DO DO DO DO DOOOO!)

But if you tag me, I'll always respond eventually.

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2014/4/22/5639542/alex-pritchard-swindon-tottenham-hotspur

This is very interesting. We've been excessively weak at LW this year, and could use a bit of injection of creativity alongside Eriksen playing his best position in the middle. What's the harm at this point of the season?

I'm all in favor of dropping one of the strikers to allow Pritchard to see what he can do in one of our weakest positions in the first team squad. It'd be on the last day of the season, and it would go much further to enhancing any prospect of strength for the future than allowing Ade and Kane to score "gobs of goals" against Villa. Even if he gets five minutes of game time, this would be a just reward for the season he had at Swindon as well as a great motivational move for the academy and loan players.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom