Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the moment he doesnt play. He is 29, and given he never had pace should be good to go for a few seasons yet - but cannot find a club.

Even West Ham and Blackburn where he had recent loans arent interested. Its bizarre really.

No questioning the guys quality, but his head is clearly beyonf repair...

I seem to recall a lot of focus on him trying new ventures while he was with us, a beach bar in magaluf (or similar) and concert/gig promotion were reported at the time.

Little doubt that it is in the head.

You often see it, sadly all too often. A player of undisputed quality just freefalling through more and more obscure club.

Fans have little real inside information from pro clubs, but even then it is blissfully clear, that no clubs want to touch these kinds of players.

Tbf it is quite suprising, that we do not get more stories out about the antics of these players, thinking about how the gutter press are happy to treat other public persons.

My apologies for not making it clear, but I didn't mean to point the finger at you. As I said, I wasn't exactly sure to what you were alluding, and I appreciate you making your intent clear. But I have seen in general from many football fans an almost adamant refusal to accept the impact of the psychological component. Baffling.
Its as vital as getting your physical balance right in my view.
The sport that I compete in now, (albeit not in the last few years) its vital to be in the right frame of mind, and more than one team has blown their chances of success, not because the ability wasn't there - but simply because their mental preparation wasn't right. Years of dedication and training wasted through one or more of the team having their head in the wrong place.

Its as vital as getting your physical balance right in my view.
The sport that I compete in now, (albeit not in the last few years) its vital to be in the right frame of mind, and more than one team has blown their chances of success, not because the ability wasn't there - but simply because their mental preparation wasn't right. Years of dedication and training wasted through one or more of the team having their head in the wrong place.

Absolutely agreed. Mind over matter holds true. See Man U's current predicament for a quintessential example.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-news-emmanuel-adebayor-reveals-3123668

Disappointing to read. Whatever you think of both men, you don't, as a player, question the manager's methods in front of the team. I don't really blame AVB for freezing him out after that. I like Adebayor but it's a dick move to say 'i've been at top clubs, I know how it's supposed to be.'

Managing spurs and our squad and managing Real Madrid are two very different things.

The Togolese front man enjoyed a nightmare spell under the Portuguese before being restored to the Spurs line up by new man Tim Sherwood

Action Images
Tottenham-Hotspur-v-West-Ham-United-2941344.png

Frozen out: Adebayor was pushed to the fringes under former boss AVB
Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed details of a bust up with former boss Andre Villas-Boas.

The 29-year-old was frozen out by the Portuguese, but has been restored to the Spurs eleven under new man Tim Sherwood.

And the Togolese has now admitted that he took steps to resolve his problems with AVB, even standing up to him in front of the rest of the squad.

"Don't get me wrong, he brought his ideas and I told him: 'Your ideas will not help the team'," he told Sky Sports' Barclays Premier League World.

"I have had a chance to play for a lot of top clubs in my career and I know how it's supposed to be.

"I told him one v one and he didn't want to listen, and then I told him in front of the group.

"Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe it was a good one, maybe it was a bad one. I don't know, but I spoke my mind."

Adebayor has repaid Sherwood's faith in him notching six goals in the ten matches with him in charge.

And he will hope to continue his rich vein of form when Spurs host Everton at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...manuel-adebayor-reveals-3123668#ixzz2sk8sO8KX
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I think Adebayor has played under some very very good managers in Paedo and Mourinho - I think that it's obvious that maybe AVB had a complex about being young and couldn't take having experienced players giving him advice, had it at chelsea and apparently at spurs.

Maybe Ade's words are taken out of context, not exactly what he means, or maybe he did say something arrogant - he's admitted it was a mistake, but the mistake lies at the door of AVB for not handling the situation when it was one v one, as Ade obviously left that meeting feeling like he had the compulsion to say it again in front of everyone.

Like I've said before, managers should do just that - manage the team and manage the players. it's not just training, tactics and team sheets

It was wrong for Adebayor to say it in front of the other players, but he'd already gone to the manager privately and he'd been ignored - and AVB was the one who had insisted he had an open door policy where players were free to communicate, so I can understand it.

Adebayor already had a decade in top football by that point. It's not like he was a numpty who knew fuck all. Plus AVB should've penalised him by way of a fine or some such. Not entirely frozen him out of the side. Freezing him out of the side meant that AVB had made it personal....and that's a very risky strategy when you've got a 100k a week talent sitting around doing nothing while the boss who pays most of that salary is looking over your shoulder.

It was wrong for Adebayor to say it in front of the other players, but he'd already gone to the manager privately and he'd been ignored - and AVB was the one who had insisted he had an open door policy where players were free to communicate, so I can understand it.

Adebayor already had a decade in top football by that point. It's not like he was a numpty who knew fuck all. Plus AVB should've penalised him by way of a fine or some such. Not entirely frozen him out of the side. Freezing him out of the side meant that AVB had made it personal....and that's a very risky strategy when you've got a 100k a week talent sitting around doing nothing while the boss who pays most of that salary is looking over your shoulder.

He's a young guy with no real pro player experience, "open door" was only good until a strong character tried to suggest he didn't know it all perhaps? Not AVBs fault, but he is perhaps too young to get away with it?

orh.gif

Ady is now our only decent striker given that Soldado has shown he is not up to the Prem. and will have to go sooner or later.
Ady has a poor record in terms of fitmess and I wonder what we will do if he picks up an injury amy time soon ?
Could Kane stand in ? not sure.
Should have done sething im Jan. me thinks !

Back
Top Bottom