Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also - we don't have realistic Kulu alternatives. We clearly like inverted wingers and he's the only left footed winger. You can see what he does tracking back and why he plays, that doesn't automatically equate to 'Ange loves him' .. more that Ange makes do.

Brennan was meant to be that alternate but he's worked out as a raw talent so far. Brennan is a WIP for me and I can see improvement especially in the last couple games - more willingness to take on players, plus his pressing/covering is improving compared to what was non existent in his earlier games. The boy is trying to get better, it's clear, but he isn't ready to dethrone anyone yet.

From what I've learnt of Ange's system, the wingers are arguably the most important players. They are instructed to mostly hug the touchline and be a nightmare for the opposition full back in one ones or on the overlap given we overload our attacking numbers. Kulu isn't even a headache imo. He is far too predictable with cutting in on his left which other teams have clocked as far back as the Conte era. He is also far too left footed.

I love the guy and his passion for the club but he's that ballhog in 5-aside that you just want to slap lol. On his best day Kulu still consistently takes an extra touch. When does Kulu ever play an early ball? It just doesn't happen. I'm so jealous of Inter Milan's wingers, watch them and see the power of the early ball into a scrambling opposition defenders box.

If people can accept that Ange's system demands above average defenders with ridiculous pace, why do they suddenly drop their standards when it comes to the wingers? It's really not for debate, they are expected to be assist/goal machines; go watch what Ange had with Jota at Celtic. Ange ball is about balls to the wall attack, always forward with the sole intention of scoring goals whilst accepting the risk of being counter attacked. This risk is only mitigated when your frontline is consistently functional which ours is not.

I think this goal scoring streak we had was far too flattering of our frontline's attacking prowess. Brighton 1 nill down at halftime, Wolves 1 nill down at halftime, Palace nill nill at halftime, Villa nill nill at halftime, Fulham 1 nill down at halftime. We struggle to assert our authority in the first half given our consistently high possession stats and some teams manage to punish us for it. After the obligatory halftime bollocking, we start to fire, granted Fulham was the first time it didn't happen.

I think this is a problem only truly solved in summer and it's not only just about giving Kulu competion. The whole frontline needs upgrading.

Brennan was meant to be that alternate but he's worked out as a raw talent so far. Brennan is a WIP for me and I can see improvement especially in the last couple games - more willingness to take on players, plus his pressing/covering is improving compared to what was non existent in his earlier games. The boy is trying to get better, it's clear, but he isn't ready to dethrone anyone yet.

From what I've learnt of Ange's system, the wingers are arguably the most important players. They are instructed to mostly hug the touchline and be a nightmare for the opposition full back in one ones or on the overlap given we overload our attacking numbers. Kulu isn't even a headache imo. He is far too predictable with cutting in on his left which other teams have clocked as far back as the Conte era. He is also far too left footed.

I love the guy and his passion for the club but he's that ballhog in 5-aside that you just want to slap lol. On his best day Kulu still consistently takes an extra touch. When does Kulu ever play an early ball? It just doesn't happen. I'm so jealous of Inter Milan's wingers, watch them and see the power of the early ball into a scrambling opposition defenders box.

If people can accept that Ange's system demands above average defenders with ridiculous pace, why do they suddenly drop their standards when it comes to the wingers? It's really not for debate, they are expected to be assist/goal machines; go watch what Ange had with Jota at Celtic. Ange ball is about balls to the wall attack, always forward with the sole intention of scoring goals whilst accepting the risk of being counter attacked. This risk is only mitigated when your frontline is consistently functional which ours is not.

I think this goal scoring streak we had was far too flattering of our frontline's attacking prowess. Brighton 1 nill down at halftime, Wolves 1 nill down at halftime, Palace nill nill at halftime, Villa nill nill at halftime, Fulham 1 nill down at halftime. We struggle to assert our authority in the first half given our consistently high possession stats and some teams manage to punish us for it. After the obligatory halftime bollocking, we start to fire, granted Fulham was the first time it didn't happen.

I think this is a problem only truly solved in summer and it's not only just about giving Kulu competion. The whole frontline needs upgrading.
I think with the system ange plays it requires fast winger's like Werner and Johnson to make the system fluid,something kulu just doesn’t
possess, makes the press look disjointed.

So reading this, either Ange is not great at seeing when a player isn't performing, or we're all wrong and Kulu is brilliant.

I'm sure there's some fans in here that would have a conflict with their own beliefs and explode at that.

"kulu is shit, buthe keeps playing so Ange must rate him, but I'm obsessed with Ange, so how can he rate a shit player"

Does not compute
Computer Panda GIF

I think with the system ange plays it requires fast winger's like Werner and Johnson to make the system fluid,something kulu just doesn’t
possess, makes the press look disjointed.
We don't have fast wingers like Werner and Johnson though.
We HAVE Werner and Johnson. Yet both are suck behind Kulu.

So reading this, either Ange is not great at seeing when a player isn't performing, or we're all wrong and Kulu is brilliant.
Or simply his hands are tied with his lack of options. Like I said, I think Brennan was meant to be that competition but he just ain't there, yet.. who knows. There's also a bit of pragmatism in Ange in that Kulu is a workhorse.

I highly doubt an attacking manager doesn't see what we're all seeing with the frontline.

I also read between the lines in his press conferences and he has bemoaned us expecting to walk the ball into the net in the past. I think he finally knows his squad's limitations and it's been pretty obvious since we got through injury-gate. I choose to think it'll be addressed in Summer, all depends on Baldy and his chequebook.

Or simply his hands are tied with his lack of options. Like I said, I think Brennan was meant to be that competition but he just ain't there, yet.. who knows. There's also a bit of pragmatism in Ange in that Kulu is a workhorse.

I highly doubt an attacking manager doesn't see what we're all seeing with the frontline.

I also read between the lines in his press conferences and he has bemoaned us expecting to walk the ball into the net in the past. I think he finally knows his squad's limitations and it's been pretty obvious since we got through injury-gate. I choose to think it'll be addressed in Summer, all depends on Baldy and his chequebook.
giphy.gif

I'm sure there's some fans in here that would have a conflict with their own beliefs and explode at that.

"kulu is shit, buthe keeps playing so Ange must rate him, but I'm obsessed with Ange, so how can he rate a shit player"

Does not compute
Computer Panda GIF

Is this the same Deki that was key in three out of four goals against Villa?! 🤔

Just not good enough if we want to progress. He’s simply average and he’s reached his natural limit. He isnt going to get faster. He cant take on opponents and he slows down every attack.

He’s an average footballer. It’s as simple as that. Sell in the summer.

You're not allowed to question the cult leader

How Dare You Greta GIF
Seriously tho, doesn't almost all managers these days play with inverted wingers?

Even the manager society is like a cult, if someone does something new everyone else follows!

Like players now with the pulled down socks or cut up holes in the socks, CUNTS!!!

Footballers these days are more vain than women. They are the women of the sports world. 😜

Back to wingers! 😜 I'm an old fart, but i still think the game would have a better flow, and would produce more crosses, with left-footed wingers on the left and right-footed wingers on the right! But hey, what do i know?!

COYS!

Last edited:

The thing with Deki tho is, he's very smart

I wonder if Ange actually wants our wide players to continuously cut inside? I can't see no other reason he's picking an out of form Kulu on the right and a right sided attacking player like Johnson on the left who also refuses to go on the outside.
Gotta be a tactical instruction. Think it'd work better if them inverted FB made runs into the box, but we never see it these days, bar the odd one from Udog. As for Porro, whenever he makes a run, he ends up by the corner flag and it comes to nothing.

Maddison doesn't make them runs either, let's not talk about Bissouma...the kid Sarr is the only one trying to make things happen.

Johnson has done more IMO than Kulu. People were trying to make out like Kulu was KDBII last week because he toe poked a ball to Son ffs. Meanwhile, people beat on Johnson who gets actual goals and actual assists almost every time he plays.

I hope we cash in on him in the Summer. He was good for us for those first 6 months and clearly has some qualities that could be utilised in another system but he's killing our play with his bumbling on the ball and slow decision making. I think he has enough credit in the bank to make our money back or get some kind of swap deal from clubs like Dortmund, Napoli or AC Milan, next Summer that credit could be gone.

Johnson has done more IMO than Kulu. People were trying to make out like Kulu was KDBII last week because he toe poked a ball to Son ffs. Meanwhile, people beat on Johnson who gets actual goals and actual assists almost every time he plays.

I hope we cash in on him in the Summer. He was good for us for those first 6 months and clearly has some qualities that could be utilised in another system but he's killing our play with his bumbling on the ball and slow decision making. I think he has enough credit in the bank to make our money back or get some kind of swap deal from clubs like Dortmund, Napoli or AC Milan, next Summer that credit could be gone.
I honestly think Bergwall is being brought in to replace Kulu in the long run... Maybe not next season, but I imagine they'll alternate, and if Bergwall IS the real deal, he'll be our RW for years to come...

Back
Top Bottom