Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters

They will think this a hate crime.

edit: Although I will say one thing. It isn't a "custom", it is a rule (or Law as the FA like to call it); whatever the ref decides on the pitch is final.

There is a mechanism for replaying matches. It is when a club breaches a rule, not an official...say like when West Ham fans scarred a Fiorentina player during the final. What you scousers need to understand is, if that isn't being replayed, your poxy incorrect offside call never will make the grade.

Last edited:
No match for two weeks so we can keep going with this thread and try to get it to at least 300 pages.
Think big mate...

giphy.gif

They will think this a hate crime.

edit: Although I will say one thing. It isn't a "custom", it is a rule (or Law as the FA like to call it); whatever the ref decides on the pitch is final.

There is a mechanism for replaying matches. It is when a club breaches a rule, not an official...say like when West Ham fans scarred a Fiorentina player during the final. What you scousers need to understand is, if that isn't being replayed, your poxy incorrect offside call never will make the grade.

The custom is teams acceptance of closure. It's customary to get the fuck over it. Unless you're Lolerpool

Edit, also, I doubt even the WHU fans assaulting a player gets the game replayed. It's more a case that the club/team itself has to willfully break the rules. Best example I can think of is playing ineligible players, changing the goal posts or pitch dimensions outside of regs etc. A fan throwing a coin or lighter at a player is beyond the clubs control.

West Ham did that too and it didn't make a difference to them.

Petro-doped-murder-ball aside; probably the biggest sporting disgrace in EPL history.

Any WH game featuring those players should have been reversed as losses; leading to WH being relegated instead of Sheff U.

All they got was a pissy fine which was insignificant when set off against the financial benefit of surviving relegation. The ill effects upon Sheff U ran deep too.

Last edited:
West Ham did that too and it didn't make a difference to them.
The fact that was identified, publicised and not punished was bad enough, the fact they were allowed to continue to play 2 players who had no right to be playing was borderline conspiracy to me. How Sheff United didn't take that to the highest reaches of court boggles my mind.

I used to feel sorry for them, but after the dogshit they served up the other week, fuck them.

Back
Top Bottom