If we sell Kane to Real Madrid, who could/should we try to get in?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

God; I hope not...... It's not the 70s anymore.

Postecoglou's formation is a 2-3-5. His wide players aren't meant to come inside to attack like an inverted winger but to create the half-space for the 8s/10s to run into.

Since Udogie and Porro have mostly played wingback, it shouldn't shock anyone if they are LW/RW for Ange's system.

Postecoglou's formation is a 2-3-5. His wide players aren't meant to come inside to attack like an inverted winger but to create the half-space for the 8s/10s to run into.

Since Udogie and Porro have mostly played wingback, it shouldn't shock anyone if they are LW/RW for Ange's system.

235 in possession?

If that's how it plays out then c'est la vie, but i have zero interest in seeing either of them as one of what is typically seen as the front 3.

What about out of possession......? If it 's essentially a 433 then we may as well just call them WBs.

How on earth do you know that

Richy suits his system more than Kane? I really don’t think so. A 1 goal bluffer vs a silky, 30 goal monster, arguably the best striker in the world?
Because he plays with a hard press with the press starting with the front 3 and the 9 doing the hard work similar to how Brazil play, he will have to change this if Kane stays, maybe you should watch some of his previous games

Because he plays with a hard press with the press starting with the front 3 and the 9 doing the hard work similar to how Brazil play, he will have to change this if Kane stays, maybe you should watch some of his previous games
A hard press? You’ve been taking hard drugs

I’m sure any sane human would alter that system to fit in Kane over some 1 goal diving mug that can’t control a football

If you play them as Wfs then you also have FBs behind them.

Between you and what Mach was saying; something doesn't make sense......?
In possession 235:

eg.

CB / CB
#8 / #6 / #8
Porro / Rfwd / CF / Lfwd / Udogie​

Out of possession 4141:

eg.

??? / CB / CB / ???
??? / #8 / #8 / ???
CF

???

Between you and what Mach was saying; something doesn't make sense......?
In possession 235:

eg.

CB / CB
FB / #6 / FB
Porro / 8/
CF / 8 / Udogie

Out of possession 4141:

eg.

FB / CB / CB / FB
Porro / #8 / #8 / Udogie
CF

???

Changed it in bold. Inverted FBs with the ball.

Fwiw I think it's pointless expecting Ange to even slightly entertain having xFBs and x2 WBs on the pitch at the same time. He's an attacking purist.

God! Both look awful!!! :mourweird:

........But that's essentially what the above depicts.

Udogie, in limited viewing, seems like could make a more smooth transition to LB than Porro to RB.

CB / CB
Emerson / Bentancur / Udogie
Porro / Kulu/
CF / 8 / Son/Gil

Udogie, in limited viewing, seems like could make a more smooth transition to LB than Porro to RB.

CB / CB
Emerson / Bentancur / Udogie
Porro / Kulu/
CF / 8 / Son/Gil

Hmmmm... Still looks like an attacking formation yet with with very few outright attacking players.

Son would be next to useless played out that wide too.

Hmmmm... Still looks like an attacking formation yet with with very few outright attacking players.

Son would be next to useless played out that wide too.

well they're not statues... it's a very free flowing attack. But the Wingers are in charge of keeping the width.

Son is better when he comes in off the wing anyways.

A hard press? You’ve been taking hard drugs

I’m sure any sane human would alter that system to fit in Kane over some 1 goal diving mug that can’t control a football
There's the catch. Everything in this brave new world is built around the manager and the system, not the quality of players. Kane staying might shift attention away from what should always big our focus-Big Ange.

Back
Top Bottom