Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The presenter does touch on a very good point early in the video. With Newcastle being nuevo rich, and Villa and Brighton being up for a few years probably fighting for Europe, we may need to reevaluate what is considered a good season for a while. Because just waltzing into the top 4 and fighting for the CL is not going to be as relatively easy as it has been for a while.

Keywords: Time and good recruitment. I don't think he will get either.

Tell you what, as a Celtic fan I'm disappointed to lose Ange... But I'd drive Kennedy down to you for free. His coaching was partly how we lost ten in a row with Lennon. Ange won a watch getting Spurs as his next step up... Kennedy will have won Big Ben
This makes zero sense..if a team loses ten games in a row it's not on tge coach it's on the manager because its clear the team (who follow his instructions shape formation and patterns) have stopped playing for him. For him then to be part of a domestic treble reinforces this

Hawaiian Spurs shirts.

Jesus Christ that’s good.
Errrmmmm...

spurs-mens-hawaiian-shirt__89176.1682094022.jpg

Yeah let's all be positive.

Let's ignore all the issues at the club. Our key man may leave. There is a dearth of tripe in the squad. The chairman is likely to lockdown the finances with no europe at all. We've just taken a punt on a coach. Still have no DoF

But hey. Let's all pretend it's all good news and sunshine and rainbows.

Nervous Love You GIF by Hallmark Channel
Can you really blame people for desiring some kind of positivity?

You must be great a parties.

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live
Matt at a party

There's Jennifer Lopez laying on the bed saying

"Come on Matt, you can have me tonight, anyway you want. I'm all yours. For one night only."

and he'd reply

"Sorry J LO, I haven't got a condom so I couldn't possibly do that as I don't know what will happen"

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF

I think people who try to stay positive in a bad situation probably need help.
It's fine, it's ok, my wife left me, my kids are dead, my house burnt down, my car was stolen, I got fired from my job, my health stinks but.....
Happy John Candy GIF by Laff

**none of that applies to me. It was all made up to make a point.
So you wouldn't label yourself a 'glass half full' type of person then?

I get it but people should be able to at least enjoy the little wins. This season has been a real hard and nobody is saying that all our problems are solved but maybe it's a small step in the right direction.

I don't want to just be a happy clapper but I also find zero enjoyment in wanting to wallow everything wrong with Spurs at the moment. I'll take the positives where I can find it and just hope that we can improve with time. It's too much work and not enjoyable enough to be so down on it all the time.
It's a better appointment than dragging Redknapp back, or turning to the likes of Allardyce or Warnock or Wilder etc. Which I wouldn't put past Levy tbh. If he allowed Nono through the door, anything is possible

I think people who try to stay positive in a bad situation probably need help.
It's fine, it's ok, my wife left me, my kids are dead, my house burnt down, my car was stolen, I got fired from my job, my health stinks but.....

**none of that applies to me. It was all made up to make a point.
Think you've had enough 'tinterweb time for one day.

Yeah let's all be positive.

Let's ignore all the issues at the club. Our key man may leave. There is a dearth of tripe in the squad. The chairman is likely to lockdown the finances with no europe at all. We've just taken a punt on a coach. Still have no DoF

But hey. Let's all pretend it's all good news and sunshine and rainbows.

Nervous Love You GIF by Hallmark Channel
Why you gotta be so extreme all the time, pal?

You really sound as if this following Spurs thing is affecting you negatively from a mental perspective, so perhaps you oughta take some time away from it all, my man. It's only fucking football.

I've been on here giving Levy & ENIC proper shit for months, and to this day I still stand by my opinion on them mugs. That being said, I still love our club dearly and now Ange is our new boss, you bet your arse I'm gonna back him.

Am I still pissed at Dan Dan for his many cock-ups? Yes. Have I got reservations about the big fella in the dugout? You bet I do. But fuck me, I'm gonna give him a chance to prove he belongs here. If things go to shit, then so be it. But you know what, I'm consciously choosing to believe it's not gonna go tits up...cause it feels fucking good to think positive.

Why you gotta be so extreme all the time, pal?

You really sound as if this following Spurs thing is affecting you negatively from a mental perspective, so perhaps you oughta take some time away from it all, my man. It's only fucking football.

I've been on here giving Levy & ENIC proper shit for months, and to this day I still stand by my opinion on them mugs. That being said, I still love our club dearly and now Ange is our new boss, you bet your arse I'm gonna back him.

Am I still pissed at Dan Dan for his many cock-ups? Yes. Have I got reservations about the big fella in the dugout? You bet I do. But fuck me, I'm gonna give him a chance to prove he belongs here. If things go to shit, then so be it. But you know what, I'm consciously choosing to believe it's not gonna go tits up...cause it feels fucking good to think positive.
I don't think subtlety works here. A slap to the chops and some fans still don't know what happened.

Back
Top Bottom