Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope Ange is going to be a bit more successful at Spurs (manager wise, not as a player, obvs!).

:perryman:
If he gets us back in top 4 within 3 years and wins a cup you have my permission to cheat on Steve P with him . I think even Steve would allow you to go astray if he does that , also it’s not like cheating on him with Ginola , he knows you ain’t leaving him permanently for Ange . I’m afraid Ange looks wise is more Cricklewood than Hollywood

Agreed.

But it’s not going to be the fans that need to hold their nerve.

It’s ENIC when we’re potentially sat in 12th place at Xmas time. Is Daniel prepared to genuinely give someone time to rebuild the team or is he still labouring under the illusion that we *should* be Top 4 with this team?

The fans will back him. They always do.

I think you’re being very generous to the fans there.

4 straight defeats and the fans will be we want levy outing their hearts out, which is as good as calling for the managers head.

Transcript From VBNews:

"Tottenham's unrivalled turnover in the past few years has left them with a patchwork of talent that the new manager will need to make effective use of. In what might turn out to be a stroke of football directorship genius, Levy has appointed Ange Postecoglou as the masterchef who has to conjure up a special dish out of their left-over ingredients.

Postecoglou will be bringing his unique brand of 'Bogan-Ball' to Spurs, in an effort to make effective use of the eclectic squad. Critics have hailed Bogan-ball as 'surprising, irreverent, peerless', and 'like pep-ball without the class'.

Bogan-ball is personified as 'tidy up front and scruffy at the back', in that it uses a perceived lack of coordination in the build-up phase to take advantage of unsuspecting opposition, leading to confusion, disarray and frustration. Defensive players in this system may seem laconic, languid and even clueless in possession, drawing in opposition players to make mistakes and often leading to frustration, regular altercations, and indeed violence.

When asked to elaborate on whether his seemingly unsophisticated approach would seem condescending, or even work in the EPL, Ange responded: "Ah, I'm not too worried about the details, mate. Just kick on and we'll see how we go."

VBNews reached out to one of Ange's most talismanic players during his spell with the Australian national team, Booner Chigwell, who was one of many players to have adopted Postecoglou's methodology and taken it to heart:

"Chiggers, can I call you that?"
"Yeah, no worries."
""Cheers for taking the time to talk to us today."
"Ah, it's all good"
"Now Ange is at Tottenham Hotspurs, what do you see as his first job in turning them around?"
"Strewth, I reckon he's gotta sort the yard out, y'know? Like properly sort it out. You can't have your mates over with it looking like that. It might be alright in Geelong, but that [expletive deleted] isn't going to fly in the Queen's backyard."
"...so a clear out of the deadwood?"
"Ah [expletive deleted] yeah, at the very least. I'd take a [expletive deleted] flame-thrower to that [expletive deleted] bunch of [expletive deleted]. Get [expletive deleted] you lazy [expletive deleted] morons. Especially you, Dier, you fat [expletive deleted] westie."
"Strong words."
"Yeah, those too."

It looks like Ange's new managerial assignment is cut out for him. Whether his back-water brand of improvised football will wash has yet to be seen. One potentially interesting aspect of his appointment is the upcoming conflict between Ange's Bogan-ball and Poch's Chav-ball. We've no doubt who'll come out on top in that tussle, but at what cost?

Alright, back to Bev with today's weather.

Aussie Yid in London Aussie Yid in London AussieYiddo AussieYiddo

Last edited:
Agree with this 100%

This.

First thing I thought was the 4 year deal says the right thing. The last time Levy gave a contract like this was the initial 5 year he gave Poch.

Even if it goes shit, it at least sends the right message. We are committing to a project, not a quick fix.

Most important is the fans are patient. Quick fixes haven’t worked. Look at Arteta. Looked gash for two years.

Every post you have made in the last 12 hours for a starter.

Look, we could go around in circles.

I'd rather not though as I still have almost 20 pages of this thread to catch up on. So let's just agree you're wrong... you should get behind the new manager and just move on.

I can't keep up with all the posts that have been made in the last hour or so, so apologies if I am repeating stuff that has already been mentioned.
All I want to say is that I admire Ange for even taking this on. The job has become more difficult than it should be, due to all that's gone since Poch left. I don't need to go into detail, we all know what's occurred.
From the little I have seen, Ange seems a straight-up guy, who hopefully will have us playing some decent football and competing for at least a domestic trophy, to get that particular monkey off our back.
We've tried the so-called big names who make us feel that they're doing us a favour by being our manager. I knew nothing about Ange before he was linked with us, but I wouldn't consider that as an issue, if Mourinho and Conte are anything to go by.
If it has to be without Harry Kane, then so be it.
I think people have to a) give him a chance and b) give him time to put his ideas and practices in place, before condemning him to the useless pile before a ball has been kicked.
One more thing, Levy has to butt out of football decisions and let Ange do his job - more worried about this, than Ange coping with PL management TBH.

When I'm with you, ange
I go out of my head
Postecoglou
Postecoglou

All the things you do to me
And everything you said
Postecoglou
Postecoglou

We slip and slide as we fall in love
And I just can't seem to get enough

Yeah but have you read some of the copium? That’ll really convince you he’s the one.
Oh fuck off you tedious bellend.

God I cant stand these miserable tossers that contribute nothing except shutting down any shred of excitement or positivity with the same old unoriginal "hurr hurr Levy has you fooled again" bollocks.

Would rather flush my head in the toilet than read any more of your inane drivel

I absolutely am belittling what he's done. Scotland is an absolute joke of a league and no indication of how good a coach is winning trebles at Celtic.

There's 2 way to manage in Scotland and show you have something - do well (you don't have to win trebles, or anything) with a team that isn't 1 of the big 2 or make an impact in Europe.

None of this means he will definitely fail at Spurs. None of it means I want him to fail. I don't want anyone to fail. I want spurs to prosper, not toil.

I'm just sick of people thinking that anything he's done to date can be imported over to THFC in the Premier League and just continue. He's gonna have a shock to the system when he comes up against bottom half teams that can actually play and win.
One more try. The above is your opinion based upon Celtic and the SPL. Not fact because Ange has not even started yet so you have zero data to back your comments up, So again, move over to the Levy out forum and continue the negative banter by all means. Here we wait and see how he does and in the meantime give Ange full support….surely you can see the sense in that….?????

Oh fuck off you tedious bellend.

God I cant stand these miserable tossers that contribute nothing except shutting down any shred of excitement or positivity with the same old unoriginal "hurr hurr Levy has you fooled again" bollocks.

Would rather flush my head in the toilet than read any more of your inane drivel

Cry more, you’ll be on this managers back a month in to the season.

Pretty sure you were the one telling me we were in a top 4 race and other utter shite, being proven wrong repeatedly is fucking tedious as well but apparently didn’t change a thing.

Cunt.

Back
Top Bottom