Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shannon Sharpe Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Why exactly do we want that guy? Because of 0 wins in CL last season? Battering from Bodo/Glimt in ECL? Not getting out of EL group? Losing CL qualifications against Midtjylland? This guy's record in serious Europe games is a joke. And Scottish league is a joke. We are going to be a joke now. I had no expectations again, and this club let me down. Again.
Did he lose to these teams managing United? It's like saying that someone is a shitty driver for not finishing first in the Monaco Grand Prix, when that person was driving a Lada.

Go have a look at yourself, you moron.

What did Arteta and De Zerbi do to get premier league jobs? They were trusted to go to clubs and put their stamp on things and see where it takes them. It’s certainly room Woolwich to another level and what De Zerbi is doing at Brighton is brilliant to watch. The improvement in those two clubs is incredible in how they play. What’s to say Ange won’t do the same for us. He doesn’t need ridiculous amounts of money. He needs time for the current players and the 4 or 5 that will come in to get comfortable and understand his style. Let this guy do his thing with our support and I honestly believe we could see something special. It’s better to be optimistic than hoping for the worst so some can say I told you so.
De Zerbi did wonders with Sassualo and only left Shaktar due to the war. Artetahad 3 years as assistant to Pep and was a former club captain. We've signed a journeyman whose prepared to work for Levy and probaby can't believe his financial luck. He is a CAA Base client though.

Don't know, depends on if real progress is being made or if we're floating around mid-table.

You want to see us win some trophies, no?

It's been too long, a bit embarrassing really when you consider how much other clubs have won. We're a big club, right? We should be aiming high not settling for mediocrity.

Of course but the way you made it sound was like it's trophies or bust.

We should be aiming for trophies you're right but some tangible progress is in order for this club context is key here, our last trophy we won we were floating about in mid table...as long as there is progress and we are improving then we will find it easier to compete for trophies.

Every post you make is trying to belittle what he’s done even though you haven’t ever watched his teams play. The same lazy analysis comparing him to Lennon and Gerrard.
I absolutely am belittling what he's done. Scotland is an absolute joke of a league and no indication of how good a coach is winning trebles at Celtic.

There's 2 way to manage in Scotland and show you have something - do well (you don't have to win trebles, or anything) with a team that isn't 1 of the big 2 or make an impact in Europe.

None of this means he will definitely fail at Spurs. None of it means I want him to fail. I don't want anyone to fail. I want spurs to prosper, not toil.

I'm just sick of people thinking that anything he's done to date can be imported over to THFC in the Premier League and just continue. He's gonna have a shock to the system when he comes up against bottom half teams that can actually play and win.

I absolutely am belittling what he's done. Scotland is an absolute joke of a league and no indication of how good a coach is winning trebles at Celtic.

There's 2 way to manage in Scotland and show you have something - do well (you don't have to win trebles, or anything) with a team that isn't 1 of the big 2 or make an impact in Europe.

None of this means he will definitely fail at Spurs. None of it means I want him to fail. I don't want anyone to fail. I want spurs to prosper, not toil.

I'm just sick of people thinking that anything he's done to date can be imported over to THFC in the Premier League and just continue. He's gonna have a shock to the system when he comes up against bottom half teams that can actually play and win.

Still crying?

Want a tissue?

:ange-facepalm:

I think my user name speaks for itself but I hate them more than the scum and Chelski. Biggest bunch of wankers on the planet.
Utter chip on their shoulder and victim complex. loathe them. Them beating us in the CL through a soft pen alty capped it off.

And you know what I think of the cunts!!
We all know it will be Woolwich at home first weekend.

Those fuckers usually get a home tie first game!

De Zerbi did wonders with Sassualo and only left Shaktar due to the war. Artetahad 3 years as assistant to Pep and was a former club captain. We've signed a journeyman whose prepared to work for Levy and probaby can't believe his financial luck. He is a CAA Base client though.
Ryan mason has been coach for 3 year former player, spurs fan, should be a shoe in so

Don't know, depends on if real progress is being made or if we're floating around mid-table.

You want to see us win some trophies, no?

It's been too long, a bit embarrassing really when you consider how much other clubs have won. We're a big club, right? We should be aiming high not settling for mediocrity.

Any Gaming Trophies you want to share with us?

Dog Puppy GIF by FaZe Clan

What concerns me about all our under performing players, is they often do improve considerably when a new coach initially comes in. I don't want them pulling the wool over anyones eyes anymore only to drop back to their level after a new deal or we don't sign better players.
youd like to think hes shrewd enough to realise theres deep problems here and there must be issues with the players not being up to standard. you dont have to be a genius to see the likes of dier, sanchez and davies are nowhere near good enough. just look at the results weve had when them 3 or 2 of them have started....its terrifying!

these people are aware of the general consensus of the fan base now through social media etc.

that will be another tell too, hopefully some of the shit is shifted a few weeks after hes come in and seen them. gut that backline out and it makes a 30-40% difference! its that fucking atrocious

What did Arteta and De Zerbi do to get premier league jobs? They were trusted to go to clubs and put their stamp on things and see where it takes them. It’s certainly room Woolwich to another level and what De Zerbi is doing at Brighton is brilliant to watch. The improvement in those two clubs is incredible in how they play. What’s to say Ange won’t do the same for us. He doesn’t need ridiculous amounts of money. He needs time for the current players and the 4 or 5 that will come in to get comfortable and understand his style. Let this guy do his thing with our support and I honestly believe we could see something special. It’s better to be optimistic than hoping for the worst so some can say I told you so.
I mean, Arteta was ex Woolwich player, ex City asssistant, ex Spain player, coached under Guardiola and oversaw multiple title and cup wins. I do think the jump to Woolwich was a big one, but I can see why it happened. He's had a decorated career in the tops leagues in Europe prior to that job. He was a risk and it didn't look like paying off. And let's be serious, this season could be a one season wonder yet. They could drop back off next season without a decent window IMO.

Di Zerbi took a club the size of Brighton to 2 top 8 finishes in Serie A. I think I would have seen the logic in that more than Ange tbh. Proof he can take a club to somewhere they've never been before. I don't care if I've heard of them, I just want evidence they can do it.

Back
Top Bottom